Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Double standard from the media?

+3
Slicef18
Joanimaroni
gulfbeachbandit
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Double standard from the media? Empty Double standard from the media? 8/3/2012, 10:54 am

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2012/08/01/ann-romney-slammed-for-0-shirt-michelle-obama-praised-for-6800-jacket/?intcmp=obnetwork

Media bias toward Obama is epidemic, consider the 08 campaign with Time and Newsweek covers alone:

"Time has featured Obama on its cover 14 times since Jan. 1. Newsweek was close behind, featuring the now-president-elect on 12 of its issues. Time has had 52 issues in 2008, so Obama has been featured on more than one-in-four of its covers, or about 27% of the time.

That number, though, goes even higher if you include how many times Obama has appeared in the "skybox" -- 11 times.

That means Obama's face or name has somehow made it onto the cover of Time just about half of the time this year (25 out of 52 issues -- 48%)

Newsweek has had 49 issues this year so far (through Dec. 22), so Obama has been featured on about a quarter of its covers as well.

In contrast, the Republican nominee, John McCain, made the cover of Newsweek just four times the entire year, and twice he shared it -- once with Obama and once with Sarah Palin.

In fact, Palin made the cover by herself as many times as McCain did -- the entire year. She did it twice (Sept. 15 and Oct. 13). She also shared it with McCain once (Sept. Cool. McCain was on the cover solo way back in February during the primary (Feb. 11 and 18).

So, during the general election the Republican vice-presidential candidate was on the cover of Newsweek more often than the guy at the top of the ticket.

McCain appeared on the cover of Time five times in 2008, three of which were shared with Obama. The Republican standard bearer had the cover of Time to himself just twice the entire year. His running mate was on its cover just once -- da solo on Sept. 15th.

And say it ain't so, Joe. Vice-president-elect Joe Biden gets no love. He wasn't featured on Time's cover at all in 2008, and made Newsweek's just once.

On that one, he was standing with, you guessed it, Obama."

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Typical....
Ann Romney slammed for $990 Shirt, Michelle Obama praised for $6,800 jacket

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2012/08/01/ann-romney-slammed-for-0-shirt-michelle-obama-praised-for-6800-jacket/?intcmp=obnetwork#ixzz22Ur6HW4G

Oh stop it, ya'll! Michelle Obama has been slammed about her clothes tons of times including her sneakers she wore to a homeless gathering. Ann Romney's been slammed once.

Slicef18

Slicef18

nochain wrote:Media bias toward Obama is epidemic, consider the 08 campaign with Time and Newsweek covers alone:

"Time has featured Obama on its cover 14 times since Jan. 1. Newsweek was close behind, featuring the now-president-elect on 12 of its issues. Time has had 52 issues in 2008, so Obama has been featured on more than one-in-four of its covers, or about 27% of the time.

That number, though, goes even higher if you include how many times Obama has appeared in the "skybox" -- 11 times.

That means Obama's face or name has somehow made it onto the cover of Time just about half of the time this year (25 out of 52 issues -- 48%)

Newsweek has had 49 issues this year so far (through Dec. 22), so Obama has been featured on about a quarter of its covers as well.

In contrast, the Republican nominee, John McCain, made the cover of Newsweek just four times the entire year, and twice he shared it -- once with Obama and once with Sarah Palin.

In fact, Palin made the cover by herself as many times as McCain did -- the entire year. She did it twice (Sept. 15 and Oct. 13). She also shared it with McCain once (Sept. Cool. McCain was on the cover solo way back in February during the primary (Feb. 11 and 18).

So, during the general election the Republican vice-presidential candidate was on the cover of Newsweek more often than the guy at the top of the ticket.

McCain appeared on the cover of Time five times in 2008, three of which were shared with Obama. The Republican standard bearer had the cover of Time to himself just twice the entire year. His running mate was on its cover just once -- da solo on Sept. 15th.

And say it ain't so, Joe. Vice-president-elect Joe Biden gets no love. He wasn't featured on Time's cover at all in 2008, and made Newsweek's just once.

Since this is about the media, let's talk about the media, The radio media, where 12 hours a day, 5 days a week we have constant anti-Obama and the Democrats bashing. Do us a favor, the next time you talk about the media, include the 50 hours a week of radio media.

no stress

no stress

I've never been slammed. I need better clothes

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Dammit....

Slicef18 wrote:
nochain wrote:Media bias d it, Obama."

Since this is about the media, let's talk about the media, The radio media, where 12 hours a day, 5 days a week we have constant anti-Obama and the Democrats bashing. Do us a favor, the next time you talk about the media, include the 50 hours a week of radio media.

You picked your media (radio) and I used one example from a different media (print). So your point is? Now hopefully a third party will chime in with something about television but that still leaves smoke signals, signal mirrors, and semaphore I suppose since they are all methods of communicating a message.

nochain wrote:
Slicef18 wrote:

You picked your media (radio) and I used one example from a different media (print). So your point is? Now hopefully a third party will chime in with something about television but that still leaves smoke signals, signal mirrors, and semaphore I suppose since they are all methods of communicating a message.

Love the bashing of talk radio!...You liberals are truly looney...You hate conservative radio and the 'anti' messages and yet YOU LIBERALS launched a similar network with the opposite message and FAILED!...So naturally now liberals are trying to shut down CONSERVATIVE talk radio because it is and has been successful...there's a pattern here folks...if it works without the government liberals hate it and want to stop it...Remember thier leader's words...if you own a business you didn't build it....Air America how'd that work out for you?....Best thing was that Soros lost some money!...

NaNook

NaNook

Slicef18 wrote:
nochain wrote:Media bias toward Obama is epidemic, consider the 08 campaign with Time and Newsweek covers alone:

A picture ( MSM TV NEWS) is worth a thousand words ( talk radio), grasshopper.........

I agree, you really cant compare radio media with Tv media.

apples, oranges

most people dont sit around all day with thier radios on, some do, not as many. Many people have thier tv's goin all the time and they get to hear whatever agenda is going on in the background, even if they aint directly watching it.

The media think they are the dictators, and in a way they are because we let them.

Slicef18

Slicef18

Newsfan wrote:
nochain wrote:
Slicef18 wrote:

Love the bashing of talk radio!...You liberals are truly looney...You hate conservative radio and the 'anti' messages and yet YOU LIBERALS launched a similar network with the opposite message and FAILED!...So naturally now liberals are trying to shut down CONSERVATIVE talk radio because it is and has been successful...there's a pattern here folks...if it works without the government liberals hate it and want to stop it...Remember thier leader's words...if you own a business you didn't build it....Air America how'd that work out for you?....Best thing was that Soros lost some money!...

Exactly what did I say that bashed talk radio? I stated facts without comment and asked when talking about "the media' include talk radio.
You asked, " So your point is?" My point is if we're going to use the word "media" let's be inclusive of all common media or specify which media iss the subject. I guess I'm not familiar with the similar network with the opposite message that failed. I cannot imagine anyone trying to shut down CONSERVATIVE talk radio or any other radio. If they have a following they'll be successful, if not they'll go off the air. Obama's comment 'if you own a business you didn't build it." is only nine words taken out of an 82 word paragraph. Air America didn't effect me in any way, but it mist have effected you for you to bring it up. I find it strange that anyone would express approval or pleasure that anyone lost money. Between that and the need to call names speaks volumes about anyone.

VectorMan

VectorMan

The liberal media has been in the double standard business for some time now. If you can stomach it, watch MSNBC and see just deep the double standard BS goes.

Chris, thrill up my leg, Matthews and Ed Schultz would give Obama a BJ if they thought it would help get him re-elected, as they drool all over themselves being in love with one the worst presidents in modern history.

Slicef18

Slicef18

VectorMan wrote:The liberal media has been in the double standard business for some time now. If you can stomach it, watch MSNBC and see just deep the double standard BS goes.

Chris, thrill up my leg, Matthews and Ed Schultz would give Obama a BJ if they thought it would help get him re-elected, as they drool all over themselves being in love with one the worst presidents in modern history.

I think watching Matthews and Ed Schultz would be as nauseating for a conservative as Limbaugh and Beck would be for a liberal. If ya don't like it, don't watch or listen to it. But why come here and whine about it?

VectorMan

VectorMan

Slicef18 wrote:
VectorMan wrote:The liberal media has been in the double standard business for some time now. If you can stomach it, watch MSNBC and see just deep the double standard BS goes.

I think watching Matthews and Ed Schultz would be as nauseating for a conservative as Limbaugh and Beck would be for a liberal. If ya don't like it, don't watch or listen to it. But why come here and whine about it?

Call it whining if you like. I'm always in when it comes to exposing the liberal media for their slanted reporting as well as their lack of reporting.

See the liberal media BS exposed on a daily basis at:

www.newsbusters.org

It's almost laughable at times.

Slicef18 wrote:

Thank You!

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

*Secret_Angel* wrote:I agree, you really cant compare radio media with Tv media.

apples, oranges

most people dont sit around all day with thier radios on, some do, not as many. Many people have thier tv's goin all the time and they get to hear whatever agenda is going on in the background, even if they aint directly watching it.

The media think they are the dictators, and in a way they are because we let them.

You live in a metropolitan area...it doesn't work that way in the boonies. You listen to whatever is playing on the radio, and guess what...the AM stations were bought up by the fascists.

Floridatexan wrote:
*Secret_Angel* wrote:I agree, you really cant compare radio media with Tv media.

apples, oranges

You live in a metropolitan area...it doesn't work that way in the boonies. You listen to whatever is playing on the radio, and guess what...the AM stations were bought up by the fascists.

I'm really curious about this statement FT

Ive lived in the boonies and metro areas both. heck, I still have family who live in the boonies, some of em are real daniel boonies.

and it seems to me people that I have seen who listen to AM radio set out to listen to something specific like george nory or talk shows.

FM, music most likely

but TV they may be watching I love lucy, fall asleep on the couch and then the news comes on and they wake up or hear it subliminally.

I think anyone would be exagerating if they didnt agree that TV is way more influential than radio. I mean the radio has its specific audience and the TV has the entire audience.

Slicef18

Slicef18

*Secret_Angel* wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

apples, oranges

I'm really curious about this statement FT

Ive lived in the boonies and metro areas both. heck, I still have family who live in the boonies, some of em are real daniel boonies.

and it seems to me people that I have seen who listen to AM radio set out to listen to something specific like george nory or talk shows.

FM, music most likely

but TV they may be watching I love lucy, fall asleep on the couch and then the news comes on and they wake up or hear it subliminally.

I think anyone would be exagerating if they didnt agree that TV is way more influential than radio. I mean the radio has its specific audience and the TV has the entire audience.

I would agree. The radio has its specific audience who have tuned in to hear a like-minded host. Television is like wallpaper people have on for company.

Slicef18

Slicef18

VectorMan wrote:
Slicef18 wrote:

Call it whining if you like. I'm always in when it comes to exposing the liberal media for their slanted reporting as well as their lack of reporting.

www.newsbusters.org

"See the liberal media BS exposed on a daily basis at:
www.newsbusters.org
It's almost laughable at times."

You offer a great example of:
If you go looking for good oats, you'll find'm.
If you go looking oats that have been through the horse, you'll find'm

NaNook

NaNook

Slicef18 wrote:
VectorMan wrote:
Slicef18 wrote:

www.newsbusters.org

"See the liberal media BS exposed on a daily basis at:
www.newsbusters.org
It's almost laughable at times."

You offer a great example of:
If you go looking for good oats, you'll find'm.
If you go looking oats that have been through the horse, you'll find'm

The Obama Oats have been through the horse. Explain the BLS numbers showing 150k dropped out and a "NEW" BD MODEL? What about the real numbers? The U6????

I can't believe Obama has 2xs, Twice changed the BLS model in only 7 months. What is next?? A Million+ new jobs in the next report. The BLS already shot their load in the First Qt.

BTW: Investors were reacting to the Europe Numbers on Friday......duh.

I was hoping FT would come back on this subject so we could continue our convo......

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum