Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

FSU Shooting

+4
TEOTWAWKI
Sal
nadalfan
Joanimaroni
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51FSU Shooting - Page 3 Empty Re: FSU Shooting 11/20/2014, 6:39 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:
nadalfan wrote:
Sal wrote:Who the fuck is talking about banning guns??

Nobody, that's who.

That's just the automatic response to any discussion about guns or gun violence.  It's a strange paranoia

So I guess that makes semi-retired President Obama paranoid.

FactCheck: Yes, Obama endorsed Illinois handgun ban
Obama was being misleading when he denied that his handwriting had been on a document endorsing a state ban on the sale and possession of handguns in Illinois. Obama responded, “No, my writing wasn’t on that particular questionnaire. As I said, I have never favored an all-out ban on handguns.”
Actually, Obama’s writing was on the 1996 document, which was filed when Obama was running for the Illinois state Senate. A Chicago nonprofit, Independent Voters of Illinois, had this question, and Obama took hard line:

35. Do you support state legislation to:
a. ban the manufacture, sale and possession of handguns? Yes.
b. ban assault weapons? Yes.
c. mandatory waiting periods and background checks? Yes.

Obama’s campaign said, “Sen. Obama didn’t fill out these state Senate questionnaires--a staffer did--and there are several answers that didn’t reflect his views then or now. He may have jotted some notes on the front page of the questionnaire, but some answers didn’t reflect his views.”

Source: FactCheck.org analysis of 2008 Philadelphia primary debate Apr 16, 2008

One more time for Markle, this isn't FactCheck.org.  Why aren't you linking to this?  Why not link us to this article at FactCheck.org?

I think the mercury just exploded through the top of the bull-shit-o-meter.

Watch this: FactCheck: Everything Markle just said is bullshit. *

* - FactCheck.org analysis of 2014 Markle posts.

52FSU Shooting - Page 3 Empty Re: FSU Shooting 11/20/2014, 6:41 pm

Markle

Markle

nadalfan wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:
Sal wrote:I walk the streets of my community every day unarmed and unafraid.

You insist on your right to own as many of ANY type of armament you desire and parade around in public with those armaments fully loaded.

Somehow you're contention that we are the ones cowering and peeing our pants rings a bit hollow.

FSU Shooting - Page 3 Th?&id=HN.607998920859911728&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1

If you where not peeing in your pants this thread wouldn't exist.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diOuUYcenW0

Smile

Oh yeah, we forgot that to you people a shooting at a university is not newsworthy...just another day in America.  For the rest of us, the reaction is disgust that this happens.  

How many people were murdered or wounded by guns in Chicago this week? How many of those shooters had bought their guns legally and had submitted to through background checks and a waiting period before getting the gun?

53FSU Shooting - Page 3 Empty Re: FSU Shooting 11/20/2014, 6:43 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Wait wait there's been a mistake...the shooter was black I heard and testing to become a lawyer so move on there's no NRA redneck involved....

54FSU Shooting - Page 3 Empty Re: FSU Shooting 11/20/2014, 6:47 pm

Markle

Markle

Yella wrote:
nadalfan wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Bad people do bad things... it's an age old problem. The incidence that one uses a gun to attack masses is extremely rare.

Take a few deep breathes and poke your head out from under the covers... it's going to be ok.

Come back and tell me that when one of your kids or someone you love who is just doing normal, everyday things is shot and killed in a random mass shooting.

I'm not afraid, I'm angry and sick and tired of people accepting that this is just a way of life in America.

There is no real punishment today.  Commission of a crime with a firearm should be a capital crime with a mandatory death sentence if found guilty or admits guilt. One and only one appeal then a noose the following week.Fooling around with needles is stupid and expensive.  Nothing can stop crime but this plan would slow it down.

As you well know, Florida has very strict laws concerning even the presence of a gun while committing a crime. Gun crimes dropped significantly since that time.

55FSU Shooting - Page 3 Empty Re: FSU Shooting 11/20/2014, 6:57 pm

Markle

Markle

Joanimaroni wrote:
Markle wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:Hits close to home.

I was living near FSU and knew the former house mother of Chi Omega when Ted Bundy viciously raped and murdered three young women in the house.  He raped and crippled another young lady living near the university then continued his rapes and murders moving toward Jacksonville.

The mass serial killer, who raped and killed over 40 women never used a gun.

That was a chilling gruesome event. It changed my mind about sorority and private houses.

My friend had resigned after decades of being the house mother for Chi Omega. She had resigned the previous year and it was a new house mother the year of the murders. My friend carried grief and guilt the rest of her life. The girls would sometimes block the downstairs door so it wouldn't lock. That was so a girlfriend could sneak in after hours. My friend used to check that door several times during the night to make sure it was locked. She believed that had she worked there one more year, the door would have been locked and the girls, each of whom she knew, would not have been slain.

56FSU Shooting - Page 3 Empty Re: FSU Shooting 11/20/2014, 7:02 pm

Markle

Markle

boards of FL wrote:
Markle wrote:

Nobody, that's who.

Former State Senator of Illinois Barack Hussein Obama.

Any more questions?  Oh, you question my assertion?  You really should know better by now.

Obama was being misleading when he denied that his handwriting had been on a document endorsing a state ban on the sale and possession of handguns in Illinois. Obama responded, “No, my writing wasn’t on that particular questionnaire. As I said, I have never favored an all-out ban on handguns.”

Actually, Obama’s writing was on the 1996 document, which was filed when Obama was running for the Illinois state Senate. A Chicago nonprofit, Independent Voters of Illinois, had this question, and Obama took hard line:

Obama’s campaign said, “Sen. Obama didn’t fill out these state Senate questionnaires--a staffer did--and there are several answers that didn’t reflect his views then or now. He may have jotted some notes on the front page of the questionnaire, but some answers didn’t reflect his views.”

I'm curious as to why you didn't provide a link to this.  This clearly isn't FactCheck.org.  

You mean since it was wiped from their site?  This is not new, you can find it on many sites.  I provided the link on the next post where I used these facts.

You knew I had the link.  There are even photos of the document around.

Here is another one.
http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/obama-forgets-writing-on-gun-questionnaire-that-he-supports-ban-on-handguns/question-3447761/?link=ibaf&q=obama+1996+questionnaire+gun+ban

Last edited by Markle on 11/20/2014, 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Add another link)

57FSU Shooting - Page 3 Empty Re: FSU Shooting 11/20/2014, 7:16 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Markle wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Markle wrote:

I was living near FSU and knew the former house mother of Chi Omega when Ted Bundy viciously raped and murdered three young women in the house.  He raped and crippled another young lady living near the university then continued his rapes and murders moving toward Jacksonville.

That was a chilling gruesome event. It changed my mind about sorority and private houses.

My friend had resigned after decades of being the house mother for Chi Omega.  She had resigned the previous year and it was a new house mother the year of the murders.  My friend carried grief and guilt the rest of her life.  The girls would sometimes block the downstairs door so it wouldn't lock.  That was so a girlfriend could sneak in after hours.  My friend used to check that door several times during the night to make sure it was locked.  She believed that had she worked there one more year, the door would have been locked and the girls, each of whom she knew, would not have been slain.

Maybe or maybe he would have gotten to her when she was checking doors.

58FSU Shooting - Page 3 Empty Re: FSU Shooting 11/20/2014, 8:15 pm

Markle

Markle

Joanimaroni wrote:
Markle wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Markle wrote:

My friend had resigned after decades of being the house mother for Chi Omega.  She had resigned the previous year and it was a new house mother the year of the murders.  My friend carried grief and guilt the rest of her life.  The girls would sometimes block the downstairs door so it wouldn't lock.  That was so a girlfriend could sneak in after hours.  My friend used to check that door several times during the night to make sure it was locked.  She believed that had she worked there one more year, the door would have been locked and the girls, each of whom she knew, would not have been slain.

Maybe or maybe he would have gotten to her when she was checking doors.

Perhaps, of course we'll never know one way or the other. I do know that "Mother Mims" as her girls and we in the office called her, carried a huge burden of guilt. She was a perfect house mother. She took her responsibility extremely seriously. When the kids were in town, she didn't only feel like she was responsible for them, she looked at them as if they were her own daughters.

59FSU Shooting - Page 3 Empty Re: FSU Shooting 11/21/2014, 10:59 am

polecat

polecat

Guns don't kill people
People kill people

Cigarettes don't kill people
Cancer kills people

60FSU Shooting - Page 3 Empty Re: FSU Shooting 11/21/2014, 11:00 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Markle wrote:

Nobody, that's who.

Former State Senator of Illinois Barack Hussein Obama.

Any more questions?  Oh, you question my assertion?  You really should know better by now.

I'm curious as to why you didn't provide a link to this.  This clearly isn't FactCheck.org.  

You mean since it was wiped from their site?  This is not new, you can find it on many sites.  I provided the link on the next post where I used these facts.

You knew I had the link.  There are even photos of the document around.

Here is another one.
http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/obama-forgets-writing-on-gun-questionnaire-that-he-supports-ban-on-handguns/question-3447761/?link=ibaf&q=obama+1996+questionnaire+gun+ban

Seems totally believable! It's really an article from FactCheck.org, but you can't actually find it there because they "wiped their site". But the article is everywhere, so it doesn't really matter. And by "everywhere", I mean "two shady websites that even Markle wasn't willing to link to".

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum