Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

FSU Shooting

+4
TEOTWAWKI
Sal
nadalfan
Joanimaroni
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1FSU Shooting Empty FSU Shooting 11/20/2014, 7:12 am

Sal

Sal

Three wounded - at least one critically.

An isolated incident, I'm sure.

2FSU Shooting Empty Re: FSU Shooting 11/20/2014, 7:22 am

nadalfan

Yeah....but ebola...that's the real threat Americans should get all worked up about!

3FSU Shooting Empty Re: FSU Shooting 11/20/2014, 7:47 am

Sal

Sal

I'm worried that the shooter may have been an ISIS militant.

4FSU Shooting Empty Re: FSU Shooting 11/20/2014, 7:52 am

I'm pretty sure that was a gun free zone... with signs and stuff. How could this have happened? Commence nail biting.

5FSU Shooting Empty Re: FSU Shooting 11/20/2014, 8:11 am

nadalfan

PkrBum wrote:I'm pretty sure that was a gun free zone... with signs and stuff. How could this have happened? Commence nail biting.

I'm not sure what you are implying by stating it was a gun free zone. These were college kids studying for finals. People should be able to go to college, school, work, the movies, malls, etc without having to worry about mass shootings. So the solution is arm everyone....problem solved? What kind of messed up society are you willing to live in?
I don't know exactly how to solve this problem; there is no one solution. But accepting it as a way of life is not one of them.

6FSU Shooting Empty Re: FSU Shooting 11/20/2014, 8:12 am

nadalfan

Sal wrote:I'm worried that the shooter may have been an ISIS militant.

If he was, we can blame Obama.

7FSU Shooting Empty Re: FSU Shooting 11/20/2014, 8:17 am

Bad people do bad things... it's an age old problem. The incidence that one uses a gun to attack masses is extremely rare.

Take a few deep breathes and poke your head out from under the covers... it's going to be ok.

8FSU Shooting Empty Re: FSU Shooting 11/20/2014, 8:40 am

nadalfan

PkrBum wrote:Bad people do bad things... it's an age old problem. The incidence that one uses a gun to attack masses is extremely rare.

Take a few deep breathes and poke your head out from under the covers... it's going to be ok.

Come back and tell me that when one of your kids or someone you love who is just doing normal, everyday things is shot and killed in a random mass shooting.

I'm not afraid, I'm angry and sick and tired of people accepting that this is just a way of life in America.

9FSU Shooting Empty Re: FSU Shooting 11/20/2014, 8:55 am

nadalfan wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Bad people do bad things... it's an age old problem. The incidence that one uses a gun to attack masses is extremely rare.

Come back and tell me that when one of your kids or someone you love who is just doing normal, everyday things is shot and killed in a random mass shooting.

I'm not afraid, I'm angry and sick and tired of people accepting that this is just a way of life in America.

More people are killed with bare hands... what are you going to do about that?

10FSU Shooting Empty Re: FSU Shooting 11/20/2014, 9:23 am

Sal

Sal

And, as always, the only answer to gun violence is, "MOR GUNZ!!".

It would be comical if it wasn't so tragic and destructive.

11FSU Shooting Empty Re: FSU Shooting 11/20/2014, 9:29 am

Guess what stopped this maniac? You wussies need to grow a pair.

12FSU Shooting Empty Re: FSU Shooting 11/20/2014, 10:00 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://www.wnd.com/2014/11/sheriffs-against-amnesty-to-march-on-washington/

BAN ILLEGALS ! not guns.

“Given the fact that 25 people are killed each day by illegal immigrants, and our schools are becoming overcrowded and more costly, our public health is threatened by new diseases and ailments introduced by people living in our communities illegally, and the fact that benefits are being given and violations of the law forgiven for a select group of non-citizens, makes clear our obligation to act now before we erode the confidence and the faith citizens have in Sheriffs across the country and throughout our history.”
Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2014/11/sheriffs-against-amnesty-to-march-on-washington/#mRqk7LBqwF1mqiSC.99

13FSU Shooting Empty Re: FSU Shooting 11/20/2014, 10:16 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Hits close to home.

14FSU Shooting Empty Re: FSU Shooting 11/20/2014, 10:27 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://english.sina.com/china/2014/1119/756235.html

7 dead, 1 injured in hospital female dormitory knife attack

15FSU Shooting Empty Re: FSU Shooting 11/20/2014, 10:32 am

Hands must be the root issue. Haven't we become enlightened enough to rid society of articulating appendages?

16FSU Shooting Empty Re: FSU Shooting 11/20/2014, 11:17 am

nadalfan

Like I said above, I don't know what the solution is and I don't believe one specific thing will eliminate mass shootings. What I do know is that it is a problem and the frequency of shootings has increased.

Trying to have a discussion is pointless though when the responses to a mass shooting look like this:

meh..it happens

arm everyone

immigrants are the problem

you want to take away all guns

we should ban knives too

we should ban hands too

(heehee the last two are so clever... Rolling Eyes )

17FSU Shooting Empty Re: FSU Shooting 11/20/2014, 11:23 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-Texas/2014/10/21/FBI-Report-on-Mass-Shootings-Riddled-With-Errors-Appears-to-Push-Political-Agenda

Shooting data skewed to force gun control agenda.

Despite what the FBI report would lead one to believe, in reality, mass public shootings have only increased by a marginal percentage during the last decade. Deaths from such incidents have only occurred less than one percent annually, according to Lott.

"The report's mistakes all seem to make it look like there is an upward trend in mass killings when there really isn't," Lott said. "The mistakes alone should be newsworthy -- I've never seen an FBI crime report that has had these types of errors in it."

Lott attempted to reach out to various media outlets that reported on the FBI study, including the Associated Press, to share his findings. He had little success. "No one that I've contacted has done anything to point out the errors," he said.

It is easy to wonder if the FBI's error-ridden report was meant to promote a political agenda -- especially given the timing of its release.

18FSU Shooting Empty Re: FSU Shooting 11/20/2014, 11:32 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

nadalfan wrote:Like I said above, I don't know what the solution is and I don't believe one specific thing will eliminate mass shootings.  What I do know is that it is a problem and the frequency of shootings has increased.  

Trying to have a discussion is pointless though when the responses to a mass shooting look like this:

meh..it happens

arm everyone

immigrants are the problem

you want to take away all guns

we should ban knives too

we should ban hands too

(heehee the last two are so clever... Rolling Eyes )

Gun bans affect legal gun owners....the criminals, in my opinion, are not going to follow the law.

19FSU Shooting Empty Re: FSU Shooting 11/20/2014, 12:20 pm

nadalfan

I'm not for banning all guns and even if I were, we all know, at least reasonable people know, that realistically, that will never happen in this country.  Removing that paranoia might open the door for a reasonable conversation.

I don't have a solution; I wish I did.    
Here are just a couple of thoughts:
Most people agree with background checks; sadly, the problem is the NRA's influence on Congress.  As voters we should continue to push for that.  
I believe we need stricter gun sale regulations; if everything is on the up and up, it shouldn't be a problem.
There's definitely a problem with mental health treatment access and cost; improving this would be beneficial for everyone.

I was reading a quote from a young girl that was in the library and it kills me that this teenager was running for her life, her words.  I don't understand how that is discounted as just something that happens in our society.

20FSU Shooting Empty Re: FSU Shooting 11/20/2014, 12:23 pm

Sal

Sal

Who the fuck is talking about banning guns??

Nobody, that's who.

21FSU Shooting Empty Re: FSU Shooting 11/20/2014, 12:25 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/13/florida-campus-gun-ban-sued_n_4592100.html

University Of Florida Sued Over Campus Gun Ban

It kind of goes with the event......

22FSU Shooting Empty Re: FSU Shooting 11/20/2014, 12:26 pm

nadalfan

Sal wrote:Who the fuck is talking about banning guns??

Nobody, that's who.

That's just the automatic response to any discussion about guns or gun violence. It's a strange paranoia

23FSU Shooting Empty Re: FSU Shooting 11/20/2014, 12:29 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Yeah paranoia....

FSU Shooting Adolf-Hitler-Gun-Control-665x385

24FSU Shooting Empty Re: FSU Shooting 11/20/2014, 12:34 pm

nadalfan

nope, no paranoia here lol

25FSU Shooting Empty Re: FSU Shooting 11/20/2014, 12:36 pm

nadalfan wrote:
Sal wrote:Who the fuck is talking about banning guns??

Nobody, that's who.

That's just the automatic response to any discussion about guns or gun violence. It's a strange paranoia

Are you two playing dumb... or does it come naturally? If you don't think that's the goal... you are grubers.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum