Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Santa Rosa will wait until a catastrophe or such happens to the courthouse before it is replaced

+2
2seaoat
QueenOfHearts
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

This courthouse reminds me of stephen wright telling about being asked to donate to ronald mcdonald house...

how many houses does that clown need?

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
2seaoat wrote:BS to the building being ADA compliant? Now I know you are losing it. You won't be here or live here to pay the fines that will be associated with the procrastination.

If you move civil out of the downtown courthouse over to the Admin building, and you transfer as much scheduling load to the branch courts, the main courthouse would be a ghost town.  There is more than ample space to run criminal out of that building for the next 25 years.   If the building was currently not ADA compliant, or fell under exceptions to the law, the AG would have already given notice of failure to comply.  Once the load is cut in half on the existing building, it should be able to serve the needs of the citizens for a quarter of a century.  Also, some of the support functions which are currently taking space could be moved to adjacent offices freeing up more space for SMALL modifications to the building.  Use what is there efficiently.  I am so tired of people calling themselves Republicans on the National scene, but act like a drunken democrat sailor on shore leave when it comes to spending money on unnecessary local things where the good old boyz always get a piece.   The entire criminal justice system in SR is a bloated hippo, and there is nothing Republican about the same.

You forget that there is one set of courthouse security folks working not even one on one with judges as it stands. Are you going to want to pay the family of an incident millions (and still have to build that complex for non ADA compliance) just because you knew that there were security concerns and didn't address them properly to begin with? A decent lawyer can show that is negligence very easily. Show me another court system that is subdivided Seaoat? That's not how it is done. You have a band aid fix for something about to explode given the conditions. You want to rob Peter to pay Paul. Why do things half-assed? Did you run your business in that manner? Oh yeah, you never answered me on a question I asked last week about the "living minimum wage" you support.

Did you pay your lowest, entry level employees $15 an hour? That same wage you propose for other businesses to pay their same skilled workers?

Right from soldier boy's mouth: living wages are evil. LOL

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum