Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Something stinks at the Santa Rosa Animal Control

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Vikingwoman

And it ain't dog poop.

On Oct, 4, 2014 my dog was attacked by a pitbull while going for a walk on the road. She suffered serious injuries resulting in a substantial vet bill. At the time there were no witnesses known or any info. about the dog. The police were called as the attack was intentional by the owners and blown off by the deputies as there were no witnesses. Animal control said the pit was was sweet and they had no reports of aggression by the dog per the owner. The owner said the dog was let out of the gate at the side of the house by her children. The dog came out the front door of the house by a woman. The latch on the gate is 5 ft. high and the children are 4,5,and 6. I took a picture of the gate.

A scrounge of the neighbors revealed the dog had on three separate occasions attempted to attack four children including the next door neighbor's children when the dog dug under their fence. Animal Control concluded I was on the dog owners property when my dog was attacked and it was protecting it's property and no citation was issued to the owner. This was info.provided by the owner and never disputed by animal control. I obtained four affidavits from neighbors describing the attacks and or roaming of the animals. The animal control officer took one neighbors phone number to verify but never called her. I complained to the director who came to my home on Thurs. and read the affidavits and took the neighbors phone numbers to verify. I asked for another officer to investigate as the owner told me the officer knew her family. The neighbor told me animal control had been out several times regarding the pits (2) getting out and roaming the neighborhood and took the third one because they were mating them w/ the mother and selling the puppies for $75. No documentation of that was in the owners record at animal control. When the director was asked why there wasn't a record of that he said he didn't believe that happened. The neighbor said she saw and witnessed the whole thing.

I contacted the realty who rented the house to these people and told them I was going to have to sue the pitbull owner and the house owner for my vet bill.He said the pitbull owner sent him a copy of the animal control report saying the dog was sweet and the case was closed. He neglected to mention he charged her a pet fee of $375 and allowed the pits to stay. The owner of the house has no idea what's going on. I put a copy of the vet bill in the pitbull owner's mailbox w/ a letter stating I intended to sue her and the owner of the house if she didn't pay. She said "Fuc* you. You' never get anything."Today the pitbull owner came to my door all apologetic saying she will pay the bill tomorrow. I told her even if she paid she has a vicious dog that is a liability and I'm going to find out why the animal control has not done anything.Your pitbull attacked your other pitbull and now it's crippled and you never even got medical care for it. She said the animal control told her I was mad she didn't get a citation and said she was a drug dealer. I said I am mad about that and you are a drug dealer.I saw your criminal record and you got off probation in 2012 for selling drugs. That's why you have the pitbulls. So apparently the animal control is reporting these things to her and the question is why are they not doing anything about the pitbull? As of today the director has not contacted any of the witnesses. Something is rotten at the Santa Rosa Animal Control.

2seaoat

You have not approached this correctly. You need to go to the freedom of information officer for SR county. You need to make a formal request for all reports for the address in question and the dog in question. If they try to cover this up, they risk in a lawsuit your subpoena for a pdf of all reports since say 2010. You can put those collective pdfs in adobe 11 professional and do a query as to addresses. Somebody could lose a job and if the exclusion of a record is an intentional act could be facing a criminal charge.

Make your freedom of information request starting with the specific address. Most reports are sequential. If they play games where you know they were sent out and refuse to give you that information, then when you file your law suit have your attorney do a global subpoena going back at least four years. At the same time contact the PNJ and let them know that you believe something is rotten in Animal Control. They might make the initial freedom of information request.......chit rolls downhill.

Vikingwoman

I got the reports for the address and owner from animal control back to 2007,Seaoat. Actually all the history. The owner has citations from another address but there is no documentation of the animal control officer taking the other pitbull or of the breeding of the mother to the son which the neighbor overheard the officer telling the owner she couldn't do that. The neighbor said the animal control has been there at least 3 times and there is no documentation of that in her history except for that one time. The pitbull owner was stupid enough to tell me I told animal control she was a drug dealer which told me someone at animal control is providing her info.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Vikingwoman wrote:I got the reports for the address and owner from animal control back to 2007,Seaoat. Actually all the history. The owner has citations from another address but there is no documentation of the animal control officer taking the other pitbull or of the breeding of the mother to the son which the neighbor overheard the officer telling the owner she couldn't do that. The neighbor said the animal control has been there at least 3 times and there is no documentation of that in her history except for that one time. The pitbull owner was stupid enough to tell me I told animal control she was a drug dealer which told me someone at animal control is providing her info.

I tried to tell you.....gather all info on animal control and your neighbor along with your police call and go to your county commissioner.

Vikingwoman

I am in contact w/ my commissioner and the director is now contacting the people who swore out the affidavits. I'm waiting to see his conclusion but it has taken me two weeks of pressure to get the animal control this far. They took the word of the pitbull owner that I was on his property and closed the case w/ the animal was protecting his property. WTF!

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Vikingwoman wrote:I am in contact w/ my commissioner and the director is now contacting the people who swore out the affidavits. I'm waiting to see his conclusion but it has taken me two weeks of pressure to get the animal control this far. They took the word of the pitbull owner that I was on his property and closed the case w/ the animal was protecting his property. WTF!

Who is the current director?

Vikingwoman

Dale Hamilton. He wears an animal control uniform. I sent the Realty four affidavits of witnesses regarding the attack and he emails me and says it's my word against the pitbull owner because of the animal control report. What? He's a moron too.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum