Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

In an effort to save what legacy he has....a nuke deal with Iran will be the Obamacare of the 2nd term

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

....and Obama doesn't care how weak the deal is as long as it gets done on his term and he will leave the mess of enforcing it to someone else.

http://hotair.com/archives/2014/10/31/ben-rhodes-audio-an-iran-nuclear-deal-will-be-the-obamacare-of-our-second-term/

By which he means it’ll be terrible in practice, enacted though dubious procedures, and defended by liberals unto eternity because protecting Obama’s legacy requires them to keep his biggest turds polished to a glossy sheen.

At least we know what the next year of posts at Vox will look like. Matt Continetti:

I am going to express fear. Fear that the chances of some sort of dangerous and misguided détente with Iran are high, and that they increase if Republicans capture the Senate and improve their majority in the House. Fear that the worse things get for Obama at home, the better the odds that he will hand the keys of the Middle East to Ayatollah Khamenei.

Fear that Obama sees an Iran deal not just as health care reform for the second term, but as his version of George W. Bush’s surge: a Hail Mary pass thrown in the fourth quarter in a long-shot attempt to salvage a legacy…

Iran is Obama’s Iraq. It occupies the same place in the thinking of his administration that Iraq held in his predecessor’s. The desire for détente with Iran, for comity and diplomatic accord between longtime enemies, for a new Middle East in which security is left to regional stakeholders, and Shiite and Sunni alike see the United States as “evenhanded” in its treatment of Israelis and Palestinians, holds immense sway over the alliance of progressives and realists that conduct American foreign policy. It has for a decade.

The points about securing a legacy and reshaping the Middle East with a single bold flourish are true. So is the idea that both the surge and a nuke deal were/are desperation moves aimed at curing a long stretch of American ineffectiveness with one master stroke. The key difference, obviously, is the faith each man put in his enemy’s willingness to follow international rules. Bush bet that Saddam couldn’t be trusted long-term not to play with nukes; he had to be removed. Obama’s betting that Khamenei can be trusted — for the next two years, at least, after which O will be out of office and making sure that Iran sticks to its agreement will be someone else’s problem. That difference stems from the point Steve Hayes makes in the clip below, which is elementary to anyone who’s followed the saga of Iran nuke negotiations: The top priority for Obama and the EU isn’t disarming Iran, it’s finding a way to avoid war. Bush’s priorities with Saddam were the opposite.

The best argument in O’s defense to all this is that, by the time he took office, there was no realistic military option to solve America’s Iran problem the way there was to solve the west’s Saddam problem, first with the IDF’s Osirak raid and later with the two Iraq wars. No one, including the GOP’s hawkiest hawks, thinks a war to oust Iran’s regime is in the offing, and many experts have scoffed for years at the possibility of doing significant, irreversible damage to Iran’s enrichment facilities from the air when they’re already so far along. And if there was a window to smash Iran’s program with airstrikes, that window is now closed — thanks to Barack Obama, by his own team’s admission.

Exit question: Isn’t amnesty supposed to be the ObamaCare of O’s second term? I’m imagining Luis Gutierrez listening to this Rhodes audio and thinking “not again.”

Who here thinks enabling iran to possess nuclear weapons is a good idea?

Obama does and he is going to push Israel into accepting this deal. End times for sure.

2seaoat

Who here thinks enabling iran to possess nuclear weapons is a good idea?

Please explain what method is the best method for stopping emerging nations from getting the technology from 1940 and creating bombs. Please explain enabling. I thought a combination of economic sanctions by the UN and most nations did not sound like enabling. If enabling is not invading, I have a different definition of enabling.

Which direction are the sanctions heading? It's amazing what can be ignored for leftist pc ideological agendas.

It's as if y'all are trying to see who can be the most blinded and detached from results.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Hotair.com? LOL!

Pace Dog just just bleating (yes, as in sheep) the standard wingnut line about how Iran should have been attacked first, and talked with later.

We probably also should have bombed Israel's reactor in Dimona in the early 1960s. It would have kept them from becoming the world's largest proliferator of nuclear technology to rogue states (South Africa and who else?), and kept them from building the largest arsenal of illicit nukes the world has seen.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Israel doesn't threaten to wipe nations off
The map. That is the difference

knothead

knothead

I applaud President Obama's tenacity to keep America out of foreign conflicts and I also applaud his tenacity to continue talks with Iran despite interference from Bibi but remember Bibi is overplaying his hand and does not control American foreign policy.

Weak sauce... the sanctions are being lessened while the compliance is being lessened. Have you never bartered before?

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

knothead wrote:I applaud President Obama's tenacity to keep America out of foreign conflicts and I also applaud his tenacity to continue talks with Iran despite interference from Bibi but remember Bibi is overplaying his hand and does not control American foreign policy.  

Pace Dog thinks Bibi should control the American Congress, our foreign policy, our UN veto power, and also give Israel unlimited foreign aid.

Bibi is an asshat who tried to control Clinton and failed, and who has tried to control Obama but also failed. Of course, Bush was his patsy.

I salute Barrack Obama for keeping the petulant and disrespectful Israeli PM in his place.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

.....And while Iran has yet to build and test a nuclear warhead, North Korea has declared itself a nuclear power and tested three bombs since 2006. They have tested a missile that can reach American targets and those of our closest Pacific allies. Where is the wingnut urgency to bomb that extremely unstable country to smithereens?

NK has not exhibited suicide bombing as part of it's ideology... and the thght of obama standing up to china is laughable.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

PkrBum wrote:NK has not exhibited suicide bombing as part of it's ideology... and the thght of obama standing up to china is laughable.

Where have you seen Iranian suicide bombers? It seems to me we have some collective fearmongering going on here....

I refuse to be a Zionist patsy, and I am glad our President has pushed back, too. It may be one of the few things he has done right.

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
PkrBum wrote:NK has not exhibited suicide bombing as part of it's ideology... and the thght of obama standing up to china is laughable.

Where have you seen Iranian suicide bombers? It seems to me we have some collective fearmongering going on here....

I refuse to be a Zionist patsy, and I am glad our President has pushed back, too. It may be one of the few things he has done right.

Iran has committed terrorist acts and supported hamas and many other terrorist organizations that target innocent civilians.

You're a patsy if you support that.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

PkrBum wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

Iran has committed terrorist acts and supported hamas and many other terrorist organizations that target innocent civilians.

You're a patsy if you support that.

I don't support any terrorism, including the overlooked terrorism of the IDF on the Muslim people that live within their midst. It goes two ways there, really.

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

1) Iran has proxy suicide bombers in members of Hamas and Hezbollah.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

1) Iran has proxy suicide bombers in members of Hamas and Hezbollah.

There hasn't been a suicide bombing in Israel in 6.5 years.

Then they should wear uniforms and insignias that identifies them as such... instead of targeting innocents.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum