Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Another local child abuse situation

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

2seaoat

The Dr. and all those experts were wrong and if it hadn't gone national and the experts on that syndrome hadn't helped her that girl would still be sitting in prison for years to come.

This is happening all over the country with convictions being reversed. I have no faith in most medical opinions originating from some hospitals in the Pensacola area......none.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:The Dr. and all those experts were wrong and if it hadn't gone national and the experts on that syndrome hadn't helped her that girl would still be sitting in prison for years to come.

This is happening all over the country with convictions being reversed.  I have no faith in most medical opinions originating from some hospitals in the Pensacola area......none.

JADEN IN HOSPICE On Monday, June 2, Erin Markes was granted custody of her 4-year-old son on the condition that Jaden stayed in hospice care at a hospital, not at home. The custody decision came 10 days after prosecutors dismissed Markes' felony child neglect case, citing a better understanding of the boy's genetic brain disorder lissencephaly and Miller-Dieker Syndrome.

Markes had been arrested after she took Jaden, weighing 10 pounds, to a local hospital in March. A Santa Rosa Sheriff's Office spokesman called it the worst case of child abuse he had ever seen on the nationally televised "Nancy Grace" show on CNN.

Fortunately, cooler heads prevailed and the State Attorney's office decided not to prosecute Markes after investigating her son's medical condition for two months.

Mom was all alone since she had the baby at age 15.....she needed professional assistance and had refused help and she did not obtain the medical follow up advised for her child.

He died the end of June that same year.

Vikingwoman

I never heard anything about her refusing medical help for the child but I have to say I thought it was amazing this girl took care of this child for as long as she did at age 15 and on. He could do nothing for himself and any adult would have fallen apart much earlier w/o any help.

"Mignerey also wrote that Jaden was "somewhat lost to follow-up," but who lost him, and how, remains unexplained. An investigator wrote Erin admitted missing doctor's appointments. She later said those appointments weren't medical but rather meetings to discuss Medicaid payments."

http://www.pcnhhalifax.com/archives/article.php?id=15863&q=peggy

Last edited by Vikingwoman on 10/29/2014, 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Vikingwoman wrote:I never heard anything about her refusing medical help for the child but I have to say I thought it was amazing this girl took care of this child for as long as she did at age 15 and on. He could do nothing for himself and any adult would have fallen apart much earlier w/o any help.

It was sad.......the child had a rare genetic disorder.

http://www.dreamindemon.com/2008/05/29/erin-markes-didnt-starve-her-baby-after-all/

http://gant.wordpress.com/2008/04/27/erin-markes/

Vikingwoman

"We're talking about a child that has little more than brain stem function," Dianna Fitzgerald, founder of the National Lissencephaly Network, says in an interview on "IN Your Head Radio" on 1620 AM. "Erin's boy is only 29 inches long, which is a little bigger than a newborn. This fact makes this news story, right off the bat, a little less outrageous.

"The simple fact that this boy is 4 years old tells us that Erin Markes was doing something right to keep that child alive. Very rarely does a child with the Miller-Dieker symptom live to see the age of 2. It's just a sad, sad situation. This is just the natural progression of this disorder in children.

"I am confident this is not neglect," Fitzgerald firmly declares."

http://inweekly.net/article.asp?artID=7324

QueenOfHearts

QueenOfHearts

The little boy died.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I am so sorry. It is what I expected......but my heart aches for the little one and his family.

2seaoat

I am sorry to hear this news. I hope the cause can scientifically be established so that the rush to judgment can be slowed down.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:I am sorry to hear this news.  I hope the cause can scientifically be established so that the rush to judgment can be slowed down.

The medical data was overwhelming. Please do not defend this woman unless you were there.

2seaoat

The medical data was overwhelming. Please do not defend this woman unless you were there.

Sorry, all over this country mistaken shaken baby syndrome has put innocent caretakers in jail only to be overturned on appeal when the experts in this condition look at local medical authorities conclusions. The question is not being there, it is clear scientific evidence as to the injury and the different modes which might be responsible for those injuries. Fortunately, there are a great many experts who can come in and independently examine the medical evidence. This woman is not a flight risk and she should be granted bail to stop any further injustice in this case. If the medical evidence proves beyond a reasonable doubt the exact injury, cause and time frame then a jury should dispose of this case rather quickly if it is such a lay down.....however, trying to break somebody by incarcerating them where there has been no admission and there is no flight risk is wrong.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:The medical data was overwhelming. Please do not defend this woman unless you were there.

Sorry, all over this country mistaken shaken baby syndrome has put innocent caretakers in jail only to be overturned on appeal when the experts in this condition look at local medical authorities conclusions.  The question is not being there, it is clear scientific evidence as to the injury and the different modes which might be responsible for those injuries.  Fortunately, there are a great many experts who can come in and independently examine the medical evidence.  This woman is not a flight risk and she should be granted bail to stop any further injustice in this case.  If the medical evidence proves beyond a reasonable doubt the exact injury, cause and time frame then a jury should dispose of this case rather quickly if it is such a lay down.....however, trying to break somebody by incarcerating them where there has been no admission and there is no flight risk is wrong.

I agree that suspected SBS occurs. Medical evidence should confirm the charges. You need to consult your daughter......generally with a murder arrest bond is not given. If under certain circumstances bond is allowed.....it would be extremely unaffordable for her.

2seaoat

I have just seen that the state is planning to enhance charges and possibly take this case to the Grand Jury. I wonder if they are going to give this woman the same opportunity to speak with the Grand Jury as was extended to the officer in the killing of an unarmed citizen.

I have yet to see a report of facts. All innuendo. I have seen in another paper that she is claiming another child in her care hit the child, but where is the discussion of what the basis of the charges are? She is being painted a murderer before the autopsy is complete. I have serious concerns why these charges were immediate without a complete investigation. This is called sweating a defendant, but this process could take over a year where an innocent woman is in jail, yet an officer who shot an unarmed kid with his hands up is walking free today and testifying to a grand jury..........Our criminal justice system is broken. When she is exonerated it will be a year from now and she will be bankrupt and never will get her good name back. The prayers go to the family who lost this child, but the state appears to be perpetrating a tragedy of its own making. No bond and sweating a defendant is as old as we have had a system, but it does not make it right.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:I have just seen that the state is planning to enhance charges and possibly take this case to the Grand Jury.  I wonder if they are going to give this woman the same opportunity to speak with the Grand Jury as was extended to the officer in the killing of an unarmed citizen.

I have yet to see a report of facts.  All innuendo.   I have seen in another paper that she is claiming another child in her care hit the child, but where is the discussion of what the basis of the charges are?   She is being painted a murderer before the autopsy is complete.   I have serious concerns why these charges were immediate without a complete investigation.   This is called sweating a defendant, but this process could take over a year where an innocent woman is in jail, yet an officer who shot an unarmed kid with his hands up is walking free today and testifying to a grand jury..........Our criminal justice system is broken.   When she is exonerated it will be a year from now and she will be bankrupt and never will get her good name back.  The prayers go to the family who lost this child, but the state appears to be perpetrating a tragedy of its own making.   No bond and sweating a defendant is as old as we have had a system, but it does not make it right.

You can call the SRCSO record department and get a copy of the arrest report. I don't know where you would obtain a record of facts other than there or the SA office. The charges were not immediate...her arrest was several days after the child was admitted. Not immediate Seaoat.

For the record, Shaken Baby Syndrome can and does sometimes occur over a period of days, the symptoms are mild to moderate. That being said, the injuries this little one incurred the symptoms would appear within seconds of the injury. SECONDS....not hours or days. As previously stated the woman claimed a Lego was thrown by a 4 year old....A "Lego" thrown by a toddler could not possibly cause the amount of damage sustained. Damage from a "Lego" mimicking lethal SBS, is impossible. The child's symptoms were the same as you would see in violent lethal Shaken Baby Syndrome.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Santa Rosa records (850) 983-1268 (850) 983-1266

Santa Rosa State Attorney. 850-981-5500

Vikingwoman

The Santa Rosa Press said today the cause of death has not been determined yet and may take a month. How have they arrested this woman for that then? Something's very wrong w/ this case.

Vikingwoman

Joanimaroni wrote:
2seaoat wrote:I have just seen that the state is planning to enhance charges and possibly take this case to the Grand Jury.  I wonder if they are going to give this woman the same opportunity to speak with the Grand Jury as was extended to the officer in the killing of an unarmed citizen.

I have yet to see a report of facts.  All innuendo.   I have seen in another paper that she is claiming another child in her care hit the child, but where is the discussion of what the basis of the charges are?   She is being painted a murderer before the autopsy is complete.   I have serious concerns why these charges were immediate without a complete investigation.   This is called sweating a defendant, but this process could take over a year where an innocent woman is in jail, yet an officer who shot an unarmed kid with his hands up is walking free today and testifying to a grand jury..........Our criminal justice system is broken.   When she is exonerated it will be a year from now and she will be bankrupt and never will get her good name back.  The prayers go to the family who lost this child, but the state appears to be perpetrating a tragedy of its own making.   No bond and sweating a defendant is as old as we have had a system, but it does not make it right.

You can call the SRCSO record department and get a copy of the arrest report. I don't know where you would obtain a record of facts other than there or the SA office. The charges were not immediate...her arrest was several days after the child was admitted. Not immediate Seaoat.

For the record, Shaken Baby Syndrome can and does sometimes occur over a period of days, the symptoms are mild to moderate. That being said, the injuries this little one incurred the symptoms would appear within seconds of the injury. SECONDS....not hours or days. As previously stated the woman claimed a Lego was thrown by a 4 year old....A "Lego" thrown by a toddler could not possibly cause the amount of damage sustained. Damage from a "Lego" mimicking lethal SBS, is impossible. The child's symptoms were the same as you would see in violent lethal Shaken Baby Syndrome.

If this occurs over a period of days then how do they say this woman did it? It could have been done at the child's home. The newspaper reported it was a block a 4 yr. old hit the child with... said the woman. You can't rely on what the newspaper is saying.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Vikingwoman wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

If this occurs over a period of days then how do they say this woman did it? It could have been done at the child's home. The newspaper reported it was a block a 4 yr. old hit the child with... said the woman. You can't rely on what the newspaper is saying.

I was not relying on what was said in the newspaper. The arrest report is public information. Lowery was arrested a couple of days after the incident. The child, on arrival to SHH was immediately taken to surgery.....the surgical findings are listed in the arrest record.

Vikingwoman

My question still is how do they know this Lowery woman did it then? According to your info on Shaken baby manifesting over a couple of days then the parents would be suspects too, I would think. They really have no clue who did this to the baby.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Vikingwoman wrote:My question still is how do they know this Lowery woman did it then? According to your info on Shaken baby manifesting over a couple of days then the parents would be suspects too, I would think. They really have no clue who did this to the baby.

I said SBS can occur over several days, however, those symptoms would be mild to moderate. This little ones symptoms were massive and evident immediately, not manisfesting for hours or days. Simplly put.....massive fresh injuries that produced uncontrollable bleeding and damage to the brain.

QueenOfHearts

QueenOfHearts

Vikingwoman wrote:My question still is how do they know this Lowery woman did it then? According to your info on Shaken baby manifesting over a couple of days then the parents would be suspects too, I would think. They really have no
clue who did this to the baby.

The type of injuries he sustained were so severe they happened immediately following the trauma. She was the only adult in the house. He had no fractures or bumps or bruising or anything to suggest he was hit or fell down. His injuries could only be caused by violent shaking.

As an example: You could hurt your arm and it might take a few days for you to realize you had strained a muscle and maybe you could not pinpoint when you hurt it. But if your arm was amputated, you would know the trauma occurred at the same time your arm was amputated.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

QueenOfHearts wrote:
Vikingwoman wrote:My question still is how do they know this Lowery woman did it then? According to your info on Shaken baby manifesting over a couple of days then the parents would be suspects too, I would think. They really have no
clue who did this to the baby.

The type of injuries he sustained were so severe they happened immediately following the trauma.  She was the only adult in the house.  He had no fractures or bumps or bruising or anything to suggest he was hit or fell down.  His injuries could only be caused by violent shaking.  

As an example:  You could hurt your arm and it might take a few days for you to realize you had strained a muscle and maybe you could not pinpoint when you hurt it.  But if your arm was amputated, you would know the trauma occurred at the same time your arm was amputated.

Crystal clear analogy.

Vikingwoman

That contradicts what you said about Shaken baby syndrome then. If it can occur over a few days they can't tell when it happened. The autopsy findings are not in yet.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Vikingwoman wrote:That contradicts what you said about Shaken baby syndrome then. If it can occur over a few days they can't tell when it happened. The autopsy findings are not in yet.

No, I guess I should have clarified it. An SBS occuring over several days would produce mild to moderate progressive symptoms from the intial brain insult.

Those symptoms would be: Extreme irritability, poor appetite, vomiting, difficulty staying awake, pale skin, breathing problems.....progressing to seizures, blindness, paralysis, coma and death. Vigorous violent SBS produces, as in this case, instantaneous major symptoms. Minutes after arriving @ SHH he was taken to surgery. The brain damage was massive.

This child was asymptomatic until mid-morning on Friday. His mom is a nurse....she would have known if something was wrong. He was taken to Lowery at 7 am.....an ambulance was called @ 10:30 am. Lowery said he was fine all morning. She said she was the only one with him, she blamed his 4 year old brother throwing a block.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni wrote:
Vikingwoman wrote:That contradicts what you said about Shaken baby syndrome then. If it can occur over a few days they can't tell when it happened. The autopsy findings are not in yet.

No, I guess I should have clarified it. An SBS occuring over several days would produce mild to moderate progressive symptoms from the intial brain insult.

Those symptoms would be: Extreme irritability, poor appetite, vomiting, difficulty staying awake, pale skin,  breathing problems.....progressing to seizures, blindness, paralysis, coma and death. Vigorous violent SBS produces, as in this case, instantaneous major symptoms. Minutes after arriving @ SHH he was taken to surgery. The brain damage was massive.

This child was asymptomatic until mid-morning on Friday. His mom is a nurse....she would have known if something was wrong. He was taken to Lowery at 7 am.....an ambulance was called @ 10:30 am.  Lowery said he was fine all morning. She said she was the only one with him, she blamed his 4 year old brother throwing a block.

2seaoat

My wife as a teacher has seen SBS go three days without symptoms, and then the death of a child. The experts agree. Your analysis is simplistic and not comprehensive. A prior injury can be triggered. The science and assumptions of the Triad are being attacked across the country, yet anybody in the care of a child under antiquated standards of blame the person last near the child is perpetrating the continued injustice.

http://www.naturalnews.com/045402_shaken_baby_syndrome_false_diagnosis_vaccines.html

http://onsbs.com/

https://www.facebook.com/SBSAccused

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum