Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

HHS: Obamacare coverage is reducing hospitals’ unpaid bills

+4
Vikingwoman
Joanimaroni
2seaoat
boards of FL
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

boards of FL wrote:If you all can't find the brainpower to wrap your heads around the idea that uncompensated care generates a lower level of compensation than medicaid...well...I think you know how this sentence ends.

If it was that simple, you might understand it. But its not.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

boards of FL wrote:If you all can't find the brainpower to wrap your heads around the idea that uncompensated care generates a lower level of compensation than medicaid...well...I think you know how this sentence ends.

You still don't understand. Medicaid compensation, as low as it is, does not cover time and expenses per visit. Even though you are getting some compensation it does ot cover your expenses. Understand now?

Joanimaroni wrote:

You still don't understand. Medicaid compensation, as low as it is, does not cover time and expenses per visit. Even though you are getting some compensation it does ot cover your expenses.  Understand now?

He wont understand how more people on Medicaid will continue to raise the cost of healthcare because they will have to raise flat rate prices to on paying customers to make up for under payers. Especially now that the gov has removed the uninsured incentive tax rebate to hospitals.

He just doesn't understand. Most here are ignorant of how this process goes.

I don't know why we continue to try and explain it to them.

2seaoat

You still don't understand. Medicaid compensation, as low as it is, does not cover time and expenses per visit. Even though you are getting some compensation it does ot cover your expenses. Understand now?

Wrong. You cannot make this general statement for all treatments and all locations. It in fact does cover expenses in most locations. If overhead incorporates administrative costs and those costs are the source of a providers profit, then yes.......there will not be a coverage of expenses. Also, there are mistakes in any insurance compensation and rates which is a gap which either is too high or too low compensation. Those rates are dynamic and changing.

However, a person who is judgment proof who has a 200k surgery is a net zero for the hospital.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

The list with the problem physicians might encounter with Medicaid includes several of the same problems with insurance coverage, or lack of coverage, that existed before the passage of the PPACA. Non-compliant patient? That could be ANY patient, covered or not...

2seaoat wrote:You still don't understand. Medicaid compensation, as low as it is, does not cover time and expenses per visit. Even though you are getting some compensation it does ot cover your expenses. Understand now?

Wrong.  You cannot make this general statement for all treatments and all locations.   It in fact does cover expenses in most locations.  If overhead incorporates administrative costs and those costs are the source of a providers profit, then yes.......there will not be a coverage of expenses.   Also, there are mistakes in any insurance compensation and rates which is a gap which either is too high or too low compensation.   Those rates are dynamic and changing.

However, a person who is judgment proof who has a 200k surgery is a net zero for the hospital.

NO YOU DONT UNDERSTAND

a tax that hospitals used to get was removed under obamacare that covered the unisured.

and Medicaid payments are not enough to pay for services even in the smallest of ways. That's why hardly anyone takes it

What you wish is that health care workers become burger king employees and about as smart or dedicated.

you may get your wish. But not with out a fight from me and millions of other healthcare workers

boards of FL

boards of FL

Joanimaroni wrote:

You still don't understand. Medicaid compensation, as low as it is, does not cover time and expenses per visit. Even though you are getting some compensation it does ot cover your expenses.  Understand now?

Oh I totally get that. So now that we are both on the same page with respect to Medicaid compensation, let's compare two scenarios:

Scenario 1:

A healthcare provider treats a patient who has Medicaid.

The healthcare provider receives compensation at whatever rate Medicaid pays.

Scenario 2:

A healthcare provider treats an uninsured patient.

The healthcare provider receives no compensation.

OK, Joani, I want you to think hard about this one. In which scenario does the healthcare provider receive more in compensation? Scenario 1 or Scenario 2?

boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

Oh I totally get that.  So now that we are both on the same page with respect to Medicaid compensation, let's compare two scenarios:

Scenario 1:

Scenario 2:

OK, Joani, I want you to think hard about this one.  In which scenario does the healthcare provider receive more in compensation?  Scenario 1 or Scenario 2?

Scenario #3

More people go on Medicaid because the GOV made it easier. so you have less paying customers an more under paying customers.

You figure it out mr economics man LOL

oh and lets take also into account that ins pays less now too, and medicare pays less and no tax incentive to help with the uninsured who still exist.

and no one has done anything about illegals cost

yeah team as pkr says

boards of FL

boards of FL

Chrissy* wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

Oh I totally get that.  So now that we are both on the same page with respect to Medicaid compensation, let's compare two scenarios:

Scenario 1:

Scenario 2:

OK, Joani, I want you to think hard about this one.  In which scenario does the healthcare provider receive more in compensation?  Scenario 1 or Scenario 2?

Scenario #3

More people go on Medicaid because the GOV made it easier. so you have less paying customers an more under paying customers.

Medicaid expansion is covering people who were previously uninsured - hence the need for Medicaid expansion.   If this weren't painfully obvious by simply having a brain and knowing what words mean, you could also arrive at this same conclusion by witnessing the fact that the rate of uninsured Americans has plummeted since the passage of the ACA.

How on earth are you able to function in life on a day to day basis given the fact that you are as dumb as you are?  (rhetorical)

Markle

Markle

boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

Scenario 1:

Scenario 2:

Something 2seaoat refuses to grasp is that it doesn't matter if one of his scenario's provides more or less compensation. It only matters if there is adequate compensation for the work provided.

boards of FL wrote:
Chrissy* wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

Scenario 1:

Scenario 2:

Scenario #3

Medicaid expansion is covering people who were previously uninsured - hence the need for Medicaid expansion.   If this weren't painfully obvious by simply having a brain and knowing what words mean, you could also arrive at this same conclusion by witnessing the fact that the rate of uninsured Americans has plummeted since the passage of the ACA.

How on earth are you able to function in life on a day to day basis given the fact that you are as dumb as you are?  (rhetorical)

Ill try and explain this as simple as possible.

The Medicaid expansion removed many people who were previously on a valid private worker plan as well as covering some who had no plan. Creating more under paid reimbursments.

On top of that, the tax incentive was removed for treating the uninsured.

On top of that medicare reimbursments was CUT BIG TIME

On top of that, because the Insurance companies had got in bed with the GOV, they started dictating that they would also pay less to providers but charge more to paying customers.

Now add all that up. can you?

I know you want this to be a in 2+2 easy math problem. But it isn't. Insurance and reimbursement is a complicated thing for such a little mind.

This may hurt your feelings. But IM A EXPERT. I deal with Ins and and who does what every day.

This is MY PROFESSION. Running healthcare facilities ( labs)

So please, stay in la la land. I understand you only know what your told and you only believe what your told of the subject. But you do NOT understand this complicated regulated healthcare reimbursement subject.

Have a nice Friday night

kiss
kiss

I am

boards of FL

boards of FL

Chrissy* wrote:The Medicaid expansion removed many people who were previously on a valid private worker plan as well as covering some who had no plan. Creating more under paid reimbursments.

Ho...ly...shit...

Markle

Markle

boards of FL wrote:

PLEASE show us from a respected site, how much the rate of the uninsured has "plummeted".

HHS: Obamacare coverage is reducing hospitals’ unpaid bills - Page 2 Socratestoo

2seaoat

You are in lala land if you think twenty years of double digit inflated healthcare costs are not going to face cost cutting......you are riding a unicorn and think that folks in the 1% can rip the American people off until it is all gone......sorry.......costs will be reduced, and that does not mean that profits will be reduced. Why is it that our Agricultural industry can double production per man hour and in constant dollars provide food for about the same price as 1970, while the little volkswagon bus with the clowns running around which is called American healthcare can raise costs five fold in constant dollars and then be judged not as good as most European health care systems...........expect deep cuts......and join the real world of economic competition in a free market. Some will survive and some will fail.

boards of FL wrote:
Chrissy* wrote:The Medicaid expansion removed many people who were previously on a valid private worker plan as well as covering some who had no plan. Creating more under paid reimbursments.

Ho...ly...shit...

You're very naïve sugar

Many people who were working poor left their workers health ins plan to join Medicaid after the expansion.

HOLY E SHAT

Im tired of educating you, because I understand you refuse any truth edu. You only like unicorn edu. LOL

so happy fry day................. Razz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vIr19aoHQI#t=277

Cool

Markle

Markle

boards of FL wrote:

Ho...ly...shit...

Good to see you agree even though you are startled by the facts.

Chrissy* knows of what she speaks.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:You are in lala land if you think twenty years of double digit inflated healthcare costs are not going to face cost cutting......you are riding a unicorn and think that folks in the 1% can rip the American people off until it is all gone......sorry.......costs will be reduced, and that does not mean that profits will be reduced.  Why is it that our Agricultural industry can double production per man hour and in constant dollars provide food for about the same price as 1970, while the little volkswagon bus with the clowns running around which is called American healthcare can raise costs five fold in constant dollars and then be judged not as good as most European health care systems ........... expect deep cuts......and join the real world of economic competition in a free market.  Some will survive and some will fail.

Please show us a reliable source where health care costs have increased 500% and over how many years. If our health care is inferior to that of Europe, why do so many people of means, come to the US? In the past several decades, which country accounts for most of the Nobel prizes in medicine and related fields?

2seaoat

1980 1000 per capita, 2010 over 8000 per capita.

http://kff.org/health-costs/issue-brief/snapshots-health-care-spending-in-the-united-states-selected-oecd-countries/

Our system was broken before the President took office with double digit inflated costs and lower productivity......no other system in a free market would allow such utter incompetence.

No politics in these hard truths......heck, you asked me to show you.....are you so utterly detached from the real world that you did not know this?

2seaoat wrote:1980 1000 per capita, 2010 over 8000 per capita.  

http://kff.org/health-costs/issue-brief/snapshots-health-care-spending-in-the-united-states-selected-oecd-countries/

Our system was broken before the President took office with double digit inflated costs and lower productivity......no other system in a free market would allow such utter incompetence.

No politics in these hard truths......heck, you asked me to show you.....are you so utterly detached from the real world that you did not know this?

looking at only the results and not the cause is useless.

But continue on your imaginary journey to unicornville, because that is what it is and the word has proven is so.

2seaoat

If our health care is inferior to that of Europe, why do so many people of means, come to the US?

Sorry Steve Jobs went to Europe to get the best treatment for Endocrine cancer where they are still years ahead of America. You are living in a dream world if you do not recognize that people move in both directions seeking health care. The ratings are not politically influenced and the average person waiting for two hours for a procedure in America only to have the wrong shots brought to the patient is reality......and this is the number one facility in radio embolization in America.....Stay healthy Mr. Markle.....do not get a look at the underbelly of the beast we call American health care. It is broken. What would you say if the minimum wage was twenty five bucks an hour........its ok to see in real dollars folks wages shrink, but the world stops if the 1% no longer obscenely profit on health care.

2seaoat

looking at only the results and not the cause is useless.

Great you both deny the truth, and when I give you the truth with clear stats which show a broken system of profit taking, you want to make excuses. Sorry when a patient in Toronto can get my shots for 1/3 the cost, that means somebody is pocketing 60% profit on sick and dying people, and you rationalize this war profiteering and vice. Sorry, the toilet needs to be flushed on the profit taking in healthcare, and medicare for all must control costs. Why can the American farmer who works his land have such productivity and American health care drops in the rankings as multinational corporations steal our wealth and destroy the American middle class. We need to put farmers in charge, and they know where to put your bull chit.

dumpcare

http://www.apapracticecentral.org/update/2014/04-10/medicare-cut.aspx

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2014/03/31/for-17th-time-in-11-years-congress-delays-medicare-reimbursement-cuts-as-senate-passes-doc-fix/

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2014/04/14/medicare-reversed-payment-cuts-and-not-many-are-happy-about-it/

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/03/31/congress-passes-bill-to-stop-cut-in-payments-to-medicare-doctors/

Oh Chrissy, Chrissy, Chrissy look no Medicare cuts.

ppaca wrote:http://www.apapracticecentral.org/update/2014/04-10/medicare-cut.aspx

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2014/03/31/for-17th-time-in-11-years-congress-delays-medicare-reimbursement-cuts-as-senate-passes-doc-fix/

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2014/04/14/medicare-reversed-payment-cuts-and-not-many-are-happy-about-it/

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/03/31/congress-passes-bill-to-stop-cut-in-payments-to-medicare-doctors/

Oh Chrissy, Chrissy, Chrissy look no Medicare cuts.

sorry there have been medicare cuts.

they were earlier

matter of afact my profession took a 55% cut in 2013 on 88305

then a 30% cut in 88342 in 2014

and many other specialties took large cuts as well

sorry mr insurance man. You just don't know either.

Sal

Sal

brb.............. gonna run to beach

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum