Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Obamacare May Hike Your Pet’s Health Care Bills

+4
othershoe1030
Floridatexan
ZVUGKTUBM
stormwatch89
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

http://blog.heritage.org/2012/12/07/obamacare-may-hike-your-pets-health-care-bills/

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

K- That bites!

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Are you into fearmongering or something?

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Pet care is expensive. Our pet decided to eat something that caused a blockage in its intestines. I think it was a pair of girly underwear that was hanging on the edge of the laundry basket. Well, $650 later the dog was fine. Then, of course, it must stay inside the house so it has to eat the flea pill at $20 per month. We've spent twice what the dog already cost us on healthcare and I am sure I have forgotten something.

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Pet care is expensive. Our pet decided to eat something that caused a blockage in its intestines. I think it was a pair of girly underwear that was hanging on the edge of the laundry basket. Well, $650 later the dog was fine. Then, of course, it must stay inside the house so it has to eat the flea pill at $20 per month. We've spent twice what the dog already cost us on healthcare and I am sure I have forgotten something.

Many of us spend fortunes on pet care. Conversely and sadly many don't.

Often, it is the vet bill potential that prevents people from seeking proper care for their dependents, or from adopting those who could use a home.

I made light of it, but find it truly unfortunate. Animals do not have a voice and are the total dependent. My charities are for the 4 leggers as I believe nearly all 2 leggers can find work of some sort.

Still, people who will be responsible for their pets will not be deterred by yet, another tax until it becomes unmanageable. Those who are thoughtful enough to consider all costs in pet care would probably not adopt at all.

Z: I read the link. It's viable despite what you may or may not wish to believe. There will be additional tax on vet care.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

OMG, will one of you come over to my house and adopt this feral kitten that came over in my friend's bumper or something and won't leave but won't come near me? It's eating the food I put out, though.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

2.3% wow that will kill the economy for sure. Let's all get upset. Sleep

Floridatexan wrote:
OMG, will one of you come over to my house and adopt this feral kitten that came over in my friend's bumper or something and won't leave but won't come near me? It's eating the food I put out, though.

Stop feeding it. Although I have heard kittens make good shark bait!

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Tough luck Fluffy I told you not to vote for Obama...

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

othershoe1030 wrote:2.3% wow that will kill the economy for sure. Let's all get upset. Sleep

2.3% here, 5% there...........You ain't very bright, are you?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

othershoe1030 wrote:2.3% wow that will kill the economy for sure. Let's all get upset. Sleep

No need to get upset...like you said 2.3% will not kill our economy. Just cause the veterinary industry is doing what so many others are going to be doing. Hell, it's only money.

A recent survey of 181 manufacturers found that a 52.5 percent majority plan to “pass along some or all of the increased cost [of the tax] to our consumers.” Among North American manufacturers, the portion who said they would raise prices was an even higher 58 percent.

2seaoat

I love my dog......but even without the Affordable Care Act....Medicare is denying treatment for folks over 65 years of age. I get two shots of 30mg of Sandostatin which Blue cross paid, but I am only 61. The same person who is 66 can only get one shot.....he will die on average 6 months to a year earlier than a person getting both shots........I still love my dog.....but when I see people suffering....and I mean suffering with unequal treatment.....well my mind is not exactly on my dog......but I think I can handle the few % points for my 10 year old black lab....she is part of our family.....but....just a little perspective is needed......and yes costs of vet care are often a knock out blow....but bringing politics to our dogs when so many are suffering.....well I will just SFU..........

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

2seaoat wrote:I love my dog......but even without the Affordable Care Act....Medicare is denying treatment for folks over 65 years of age. I get two shots of 30mg of Sandostatin which Blue cross paid, but I am only 61. The same person who is 66 can only get one shot.....he will die on average 6 months to a year earlier than a person getting both shots........I still love my dog.....but when I see people suffering....and I mean suffering with unequal treatment.....well my mind is not exactly on my dog......but I think I can handle the few % points for my 10 year old black lab....she is part of our family.....but....just a little perspective is needed......and yes costs of vet care are often a knock out blow....but bringing politics to our dogs when so many are suffering.....well I will just SFU..........

That's why I voted for the logans run rule. No health care costs whatsoever if the logans run rule is applied.

Obamacare May Hike Your Pet’s Health Care Bills Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTh9j1UEpi6wpt6SRAha113ucsaR9qRDdsEek9jcEsVo94HuzuDOw

I'm told cat tastes just like chicken and that dogs pretty good too.

If the price of meat keeps going up you'd best lock them up and/or keep them on a leash...

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcJjMnHoIBI

Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum