Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Do-Nothing Party Decides to sue Obama . . . what do we get?

+4
gatorfan
dumpcare
stormwatch89
Wordslinger
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

by Wordslinger Yesterday at 11:52 am
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

And Wordslinger, I've read Revelations and know how all of this ends bro. It will end well for me

That's why you're a lousy Christian and a lousy American -- you are totally concerned with yourself and don't give a damn for anyone else.

Reality!
-----
Thanks even Christ said his followers would be ridiculed and harassed.

by Wordslinger Today at 11:00 am
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

Christians don't lose in how things play out....

Tell that shit to the thousands of Christian American troops who lost their lives in Iraq and Afghanistan, ALL FOR NOTHING!

You wanna go meet Jesus ... nobody's stoppin' you bro. LOL
-----
Those folks are already with Christ.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PACEDOG#1 wrote:by Wordslinger Today at 11:00 am
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

Tell that shit to the thousands of Christian American troops who lost their lives in Iraq and Afghanistan, ALL FOR NOTHING!

-----

Of course they are. And the tooth fairy is real too.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PACEDOG#1 wrote:by Wordslinger Today at 11:00 am
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

-----

Golly, isn't that precious? The Muslims claim every Jihadist killed fighting infidels goes to join Allah.

And you claim the same is true for American troops slaughtered in Iraq or Afghanistan, only they go to Christ.

Evidently, Muslims and Christians are both whackos from loonieville!

It'd be kinda funny if they wound up in the same place.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PkrBum wrote:It'd be kinda funny if they wound up in the same place.

I don't know if their are that many virgins in heaven, but I'm pretty sure there's not that many still on earth ... LOL!

PkrBum wrote:
gatorfan wrote:A lawsuit is just a bunch of noise. Both parties in Congress are totally useless and Obama is extraordinarily lazy for not even attempting to breach the gap between ideological differences. He should take some lessons from Bill Clinton who managed to orchestrate compromise.

Agreed... even bush found compromise... but I don't often like the results.

What I really disliked was one party shoving legislation through like obamacaid was... sadly my preference today is gridlock.

That's not a good preference. This is why we are in the situation we are in.

Buckwheat wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
gatorfan wrote:A lawsuit is just a bunch of noise. Both parties in Congress are totally useless and Obama is extraordinarily lazy for not even attempting to breach the gap between ideological differences. He should take some lessons from Bill Clinton who managed to orchestrate compromise.

Agreed... even bush found compromise... but I don't often like the results.

What I really disliked was one party shoving legislation through like obamacaid was... sadly my preference today is gridlock.

That's not a good preference. This is why we are in the situation we are in.

No... it's not.

I respectfully disagree with that premise. When you shut down the government and deprive people of money and work you accomplish needless suffering for the masses.

The Do-Nothing Party Decides to sue Obama . . . what do we get? - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR7iH_u_dWii0N0YVHDec8ogtArxH2ldXvZRs43DsAuNSL0LjXQtQ

What makes you think it's the governments responsibility to support the masses instead of simply representing them to the best of it's ability?

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQzUCO7rG0M

Smile 

Markle

Markle

Not surprising but so much misinformation in only one thread.

By losing the recent Supreme Court case for overreaching his authority President Barack Hussein Obama has given the lawsuit against him a huge boost. Progressives here are pretending it isn't relevant.

Someone else...posted this:
— federal spending rose by 17.9% from $2.98 trillion to $3.52 trillion. Check the official numbers at the Office of Management and Budget.

A total lie. Which renders the entire opinion post meaningless. My safe bet is that the poster of this lie doesn't even know what the budget was that was submitted by President Bush. A hint, Democrats were livid that the deficit was so high.

President George W. Bush's never signed a budget for 2009. He submitted a budget to the House of Representatives but House Speaker Nancy Pelosi would not allow it to come to a vote. If Sen. Obama won the election, they she did not want President Obama restricted by a budget. For years we kept operating under continuing resolutions. Without a budget.

The money authorized by President Bush for the bailout of the banks has been repaid with interest.

As for Congress doing nothing, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid has tabled over 200 bills passed by the House of Representatives. President Obama does not want them brought up for a vote because then he would be faced with having to veto most of them. Talk about jobs bills, Harry Reid won't allow the Keystone Pipeline authorization bill to come to a vote. Obviously he's afraid that too many of his Democrats would vote against the President.

The losing Progressives here just want discussions about anything but the avalanche of scandals swirling around this corrupt administration.

Markle

Markle

Buckwheat wrote:I respectfully disagree with that premise. When you shut down the government and deprive people of money and work you accomplish needless suffering for the masses.

When was the government shut down? How, exactly, was anyone deprived of anything from the government?

I assume you're jesting with that comment?

Damaged Eagle wrote:The Do-Nothing Party Decides to sue Obama . . . what do we get? - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR7iH_u_dWii0N0YVHDec8ogtArxH2ldXvZRs43DsAuNSL0LjXQtQ

What makes you think it's the governments responsibility to support the masses instead of simply representing them to the best of it's ability?

*****SMILE*****

Smile 

I don't know where you're getting it's governments responsibility to support the masses? Nothing like that was inferred. I am referring to the political party that shut down the government.

Buckwheat wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:

*****SMILE*****

Smile 

I don't know where you're getting it's governments responsibility to support the masses? Nothing like that was inferred. I am referring to the political party that shut down the government.

Your above post states and I quote....

Buckwheat wrote:I respectfully disagree with that premise. When you shut down the government and deprive people of money and work you accomplish needless suffering for the masses.

It would seem to me that you are expecting the government to supply money and work to people.

The Do-Nothing Party Decides to sue Obama . . . what do we get? - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRUJ2gZDYfrWruRrN38JdYtUeQnVTGywoKDbRtcXljqkX72TkotzA

In a supposedly capitalistic society that the United States is how can the shut down of the government affect the lives of so many in a supposedly free enterprise economy unless the government is to large and their only means of support and money?

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diOuUYcenW0

Smile

Markle

Markle

Buckwheat wrote:I assume you're jesting with that comment?

Here was the simple questions...for which you have NO answer. Not surprising. Here, I'll give you another chance:

When was the government shut down? How, exactly, was anyone deprived of anything from the government?

While most government shutdowns prior to the 1995–1996 shutdowns had very mild effects, a full federal government shutdown causes a large number of civilian federal employees to be furloughed. Active duty military personnel (those on Title 10 status) and employees excepted by the Antideficiency Act are not furloughed, but may not be paid as scheduled[7][8] if at all for the period of the furlough. During a government shutdown, furloughed government employees are prohibited from even checking their e-mail from home. To enforce this prohibition, many agencies require employees to return their government-issued electronic devices for the duration of the shutdown.[9]

The exact details of which government functions would stop during a shutdown is determined by the Office of Management and Budget.[10] "Emergency personnel" continue to be employed, including the active duty (Title 10) military, federal law enforcement agents, doctors and nurses working in federal hospitals, and air traffic controllers.[10] For the Department of Defense, at least half of the civilian workforce, and the full-time, dual-status military technicians in the US National Guard and traditional Guardsmen (those on Title 32 status) are furloughed and not paid while the shutdown is in effect. Members of Congress continue to be paid, because their pay cannot be altered except by direct law.[11] Mail delivery is not affected as it is self-funded and the funds are not appropriated by Congress.[12]

Shutdowns in the past have also affected the Washington, D.C., municipal government, closing schools and suspending utilities such as garbage collection.[13]

Markle

Markle

Buckwheat wrote:While most government shutdowns prior to the 1995–1996 shutdowns had very mild effects, a full federal government shutdown causes a large number of civilian federal employees to be furloughed. Active duty military personnel (those on Title 10 status) and employees excepted by the Antideficiency Act are not furloughed, but may not be paid as scheduled[7][8] if at all for the period of the furlough. During a government shutdown, furloughed government employees are prohibited from even checking their e-mail from home. To enforce this prohibition, many agencies require employees to return their government-issued electronic devices for the duration of the shutdown.[9]

The exact details of which government functions would stop during a shutdown is determined by the Office of Management and Budget.[10] "Emergency personnel" continue to be employed, including the active duty (Title 10) military, federal law enforcement agents, doctors and nurses working in federal hospitals, and air traffic controllers.[10] For the Department of Defense, at least half of the civilian workforce, and the full-time, dual-status military technicians in the US National Guard and traditional Guardsmen (those on Title 32 status) are furloughed and not paid while the shutdown is in effect. Members of Congress continue to be paid, because their pay cannot be altered except by direct law.[11] Mail delivery is not affected as it is self-funded and the funds are not appropriated by Congress.[12]

Shutdowns in the past have also affected the Washington, D.C., municipal government, closing schools and suspending utilities such as garbage collection.[13]

You really need to brush up on FACTS.

Nothing shut down except President Obama shut down the White House and some parks in order to make a big show. The few who were furloughed were all paid for the time they were off.

President Obama at least locked the Veterans out of the Veterans Memorial on Memorial Day. That was really cool. Since he hates our military it probably thrilled him to death.

Buckwheat wrote:While most government shutdowns prior to the 1995–1996 shutdowns had very mild effects, a full federal government shutdown causes a large number of civilian federal employees to be furloughed. Active duty military personnel (those on Title 10 status) and employees excepted by the Antideficiency Act are not furloughed, but may not be paid as scheduled[7][8] if at all for the period of the furlough. During a government shutdown, furloughed government employees are prohibited from even checking their e-mail from home. To enforce this prohibition, many agencies require employees to return their government-issued electronic devices for the duration of the shutdown.[9]

The Do-Nothing Party Decides to sue Obama . . . what do we get? - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTltYY4tEftSGSSVYoRHG7JbK_3I0gXmpnfNNa_qjAfmwhaRNf4

After reading through your little dissertation here it only confirms my belief that the government is involved in to many things that can be done by private industry. Education, hospitals, air traffic control, utilities, pregnancy clinics, Acorn, etc,... all of which can be run without government funding.

About the only place government paychecks should have to be paid should be to national defense which shouldn't be given to private industry... And if the troops don't get paid then government officials and other government employees in the administrative, congressional, and judicial branches shouldn't be getting a check either.

*****CHUCKLE*****

Smile

Damaged Eagle wrote:
Buckwheat wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:

*****SMILE*****

Smile 

It would seem to me that you are expecting the government to supply money and work to people.

The Do-Nothing Party Decides to sue Obama . . . what do we get? - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRUJ2gZDYfrWruRrN38JdYtUeQnVTGywoKDbRtcXljqkX72TkotzA

In a supposedly capitalistic society that the United States is how can the shut down of the government affect the lives of so many in a supposedly free enterprise economy unless the government is to large and their only means of support and money?

*****CHUCKLE*****

Smile

The operation of a government and a free enterprise economy are two very distinct entities. I'm afraid you have a misunderstanding of the purpose of government vs free enterprise.

Markle wrote:

You really need to brush up on FACTS.

Nothing shut down except President Obama shut down the White House and some parks in order to make a big show.  The few who were furloughed were all paid for the time they were off.

President Obama at least locked the Veterans out of the Veterans Memorial on Memorial Day.  That was really cool.  Since he hates our military it probably thrilled him to death.

Your statements are misleading and erroneous.

First, Federal employees were furloughed for a combined total of 6.6 million days, more than in any previous government shutdown. At its peak, about 850,000 individuals per day were furloughed. That number fell once most Department of Defense civilian employees were able to return to work as the Pentagon implemented the Pay Our Military Act.

Second, the shutdown cost the Federal government billions of dollars. The payroll cost of furloughed employee salaries alone – that is, the lost productivity of furloughed workers – was $2.0 billion. Beyond this, the Federal government also incurred other direct costs as a result of the shutdown. Fees went uncollected; IRS enforcement and other program integrity measures were halted; and the Federal government had to pay additional interest on payments that were late because of the shutdown.

Third, the shutdown had significant negative effects on the economy. The Council of Economic Advisers has estimated that the combination of the shutdown and debt limit brinksmanship resulted in 120,000 fewer private sector jobs created during the first two weeks of October. And multiple surveys have shown that consumer and business confidence was badly damaged.

The report highlights some of the more direct impacts the shutdown had on the economy by shutting down government services. For example:

Federal permitting and environmental and other reviews were halted, delaying job-creating transportation and energy projects.
Import and export licenses and applications were put on hold, negatively impacting trade.
Federal loans to small businesses, homeowners, and families in rural communities were put on hold.
Private-sector lending to individuals and small businesses was disrupted, because banks and lenders couldn’t access government income and Social Security Number verification services.
Travel and tourism was disrupted at national parks and monuments across the country, hurting the surrounding local economies.

Fourth, the shutdown impacted millions of Americans who rely on critical programs and services halted by the shutdown. For example:

Hundreds of patients were prevented from enrolling in clinical trials at the National Institutes of Health.
Almost $4 billion in tax refunds were delayed.
Agencies from the Food and Drug Administration to the Environmental Protection Agency had to cancel health and safety inspections, while the National Transportation Safety Board was unable to investigate airplane accidents in a timely fashion.
Critical government-sponsored scientific research was put on hold. Notably, four of the five Nobel prize winning scientists who work for the Federal government were furloughed during the shutdown.

Fifth, the shutdown could have a long-term impact on our ability to attract and retain the skilled and driven workforce that the Federal government needs. The shutdown followed a three-year pay freeze for Federal employees, cuts in training and support, and, for hundreds of thousands of workers, administrative furloughs earlier this year because of sequestration. These cuts will make it harder for the government to attract and retain the talent it needs to provide top level service to the American people.

The report makes clear that the costs and impacts of the shutdown were significant and widespread, and demonstrates why this type of self-inflicted wound should not occur again.

Sylvia Mathews Burwell is the Director of the Office of Management and Budget.

Buckwheat wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:
Buckwheat wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:

*****SMILE*****

Smile 

*****CHUCKLE*****

Smile

The operation of a government and a free enterprise economy are two very distinct entities. I'm afraid you have a misunderstanding of the purpose of government vs free enterprise.

The Do-Nothing Party Decides to sue Obama . . . what do we get? - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQmFOJOG8DKSeNBv5ESBp-MOzN0KCBPko0itWcXQm5cGrTBTxo1

Your going back to this post instead of addressing my more recent post only confirms my belief that I'm right and that I have a very good understanding of the purpose of government and free enterprise.

*****CHUCKLE*****

Smile

You think incest is right too so we'll just leave it at that.

Damaged Eagle wrote:
Buckwheat wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:
Buckwheat wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:

*****SMILE*****

Smile 

*****CHUCKLE*****

Smile

The Do-Nothing Party Decides to sue Obama . . . what do we get? - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQmFOJOG8DKSeNBv5ESBp-MOzN0KCBPko0itWcXQm5cGrTBTxo1

Your going back to this post instead of addressing my more recent post only confirms my belief that I'm right and that I have a very good understanding of the purpose of government and free enterprise.

*****CHUCKLE*****

Smile

You don't have an understanding of much of anything which is why people rarely reply to you.

Buckwheat wrote:You think incest is right too so we'll just leave it at that.

The Do-Nothing Party Decides to sue Obama . . . what do we get? - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQvsiZ4exw3BFykF0QN5ZM9BZHWT5xXkFD4_BwnIfzyB3UIOtRFjw

I see... Because another relationship between mature willing companions conflicts with your subjective beliefs you feel you have the right to deny them their civil rights.

So you're nothing more than a bigot who's subjective beliefs are meaningless.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGe8qID9gSs

Smile 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum