Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Do-Nothing Party Decides to sue Obama . . . what do we get?

+4
gatorfan
dumpcare
stormwatch89
Wordslinger
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

It's nothing but crapola. Another ploy by the Do-Nothings to do more of what they do best: Nothing.

Will it help our economy?
Will it bring jobs?
Will it help our educational system?
Will it clean our water or air?
Will it help our poor?
Our rich?
Our military?
Our ailing veterans?
Our diseased?
Border control?
Fight abortion?
Fight anti-gay legislation?
Improve our failing infrastructure?
And on ... and on . . .

So what's it all about?

It's about tying the President's hands MORE than they've been able to achieve through control of the House.

It's really about "fuck America," we're gonna concentrate on screwing Obama.

Reality.

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

Minimizing tyranny?

The Do-Nothing Party Decides to sue Obama . . . what do we get? BmwiE02CEAEPBoS

dumpcare

The president can’t actually be sued for any action he takes as part of his job as chief executive. The reasoning here, as solidified by the 1982 Supreme Court decision in Nixon v. Fitzgerald, is that “subjecting the president, who routinely makes decisions that alter the fortunes of millions of citizens, to such lawsuits would cripple his ability to preside effectively and distract him from the job.”

The president can, however, be sued for personal actions made outside from his job. This distinction was made in 1997, when the Supreme Court rejected President Clinton’s attempt to postpone trial for sexual harassment allegations from Paula Jones, by arguing that the president is immune from being sued for personal acts as well as official ones.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

stormwatch89 wrote:Minimizing tyranny?

The Do-Nothing Party Decides to sue Obama . . . what do we get? BmwiE02CEAEPBoS

Obama's tyranny, or that of the republicans?

gatorfan

A lawsuit is just a bunch of noise. Both parties in Congress are totally useless and Obama is extraordinarily lazy for not even attempting to breach the gap between ideological differences. He should take some lessons from Bill Clinton who managed to orchestrate compromise.

gatorfan wrote:A lawsuit is just a bunch of noise. Both parties in Congress are totally useless and Obama is extraordinarily lazy for not even attempting to breach the gap between ideological differences. He should take some lessons from Bill Clinton who managed to orchestrate compromise.

Agreed... even bush found compromise... but I don't often like the results.

What I really disliked was one party shoving legislation through like obamacaid was... sadly my preference today is gridlock.

The Do-Nothing Party Decides to sue Obama . . . what do we get? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTltYY4tEftSGSSVYoRHG7JbK_3I0gXmpnfNNa_qjAfmwhaRNf4

I was kinda likin' the government shut down mode.

It was making it easy to determine which government employees weren't necessary and could be handed their pink slips.

Don't worry. I'm sure they could find a job in the private sector in this booming economy.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diOuUYcenW0

Smile

The pentagon alone employees nearly a million civilian contractors. Wtf do they do that a private couldn't?

The size and scope of the govt is obscene.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

gatorfan wrote:A lawsuit is just a bunch of noise. Both parties in Congress are totally useless and Obama is extraordinarily lazy for not even attempting to breach the gap between ideological differences. He should take some lessons from Bill Clinton who managed to orchestrate compromise.

OMG...where did you even get that idea. I remember very well being disgusted with his early efforts at compromise...the Rethugs weren't interested in compromise and routinely threw their own under the bus...like Olympia Snowe, who strayed from the party line. Bill Clinton, completely beleaguered by one attempted scandal after another, signed the worst legislation of his tenure just before the ax fell. That was the Commodity Futures Modernization Act...a piece of garbage that gave the white collar criminals in this country a license to steal.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PkrBum wrote:The pentagon alone employees nearly a million civilian contractors. Wtf do they do that a private couldn't?

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/obama-spending-binge-never-happened-2012-05-22

May 22, 2012, 12:00 a.m. EDT

Obama spending binge never happened

Commentary: Government outlays rising at slowest pace since 1950s

WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) — "Of all the falsehoods told about President Barack Obama, the biggest whopper is the one about his reckless spending spree.

As would-be president Mitt Romney tells it: “I will lead us out of this debt and spending inferno.”

Almost everyone believes that Obama has presided over a massive increase in federal spending, an “inferno” of spending that threatens our jobs, our businesses and our children’s future. Even Democrats seem to think it’s true.

Government spending under Obama, including his signature stimulus bill, is rising at a 1.4% annualized pace — slower than at any time in nearly 60 years.
But it didn’t happen. Although there was a big stimulus bill under Obama, federal spending is rising at the slowest pace since Dwight Eisenhower brought the Korean War to an end in the 1950s.

Even hapless Herbert Hoover managed to increase spending more than Obama has.

Here are the facts, according to the official government statistics:

• In the 2009 fiscal year — the last of George W. Bush’s presidency — federal spending rose by 17.9% from $2.98 trillion to $3.52 trillion. Check the official numbers at the Office of Management and Budget.

• In fiscal 2010 — the first budget under Obama — spending fell 1.8% to $3.46 trillion.

• In fiscal 2011, spending rose 4.3% to $3.60 trillion.

• In fiscal 2012, spending is set to rise 0.7% to $3.63 trillion, according to the Congressional Budget Office’s estimate of the budget that was agreed to last August.

• Finally in fiscal 2013 — the final budget of Obama’s term — spending is scheduled to fall 1.3% to $3.58 trillion. Read the CBO’s latest budget outlook.

The big surge in federal spending happened in fiscal 2009, before Obama took office. Since then, spending growth has been relatively flat.
Over Obama’s four budget years, federal spending is on track to rise from $3.52 trillion to $3.58 trillion, an annualized increase of just 0.4%.

There has been no huge increase in spending under the current president, despite what you hear.

Why do people think Obama has spent like a drunken sailor? It’s in part because of a fundamental misunderstanding of the federal budget..."

The Do-Nothing Party Decides to sue Obama . . . what do we get? MW-AR658_spendi_20120521163312_ME

The Do-Nothing Party Decides to sue Obama . . . what do we get? MW-AR657_federa_20120521151828_ME

Wordslinger wrote:It's nothing but crapola.  Another ploy by the Do-Nothings to do more of what they do best:  Nothing.

Will it bring jobs?
Will it help our poor?
Our rich?
Our military?
Our ailing veterans?
Our diseased?
Border control?
Fight abortion?
And on ... and on . . .

So what's it all about?

It's about tying the President's hands MORE than they've been able to achieve through control of the House.

Reality.

Do nothing party? Obviously, you are scared to death. You can see midterms as a giant FAIL for the Dems and a final death knell to the power grab of said party.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:It's nothing but crapola.  Another ploy by the Do-Nothings to do more of what they do best:  Nothing.

Will it bring jobs?
Will it help our poor?
Our rich?
Our military?
Our ailing veterans?
Our diseased?
Border control?
Fight abortion?
And on ... and on . . .

So what's it all about?

Reality.

Do nothing party? Obviously, you are scared to death. You can see midterms as a giant FAIL for the Dems and a final death knell to the power grab of said party.

What truly scares me is that while your side blocks my side from getting anything done in Washington DC, people with as poor a knowledge of history, science or culture -- like you -- are allowed to teach children.
Now THAT'S scary!

I've already busted your chops on posts you made in here on US/World History and politics. You crawfish and back peddle making excuses and posting revisionist ideologies only the Beat Generation could do while tripping on acid.

When your party had control it shoved Obamacare down everyone's throats and you have a guy in DC who thinks he is King and not POTUS. Of course, he's been getting his smack down by the SCOTUS recently on his failure to do recess appointments by the Constitution and his shoving EPA rules down folks throats. Can't wait for midterms in November...remember as you and the other libtards say, "elections have consequences." You'll be squealing like a pig that day.

Obama came in singing HOPEY CHANGEY. That's what is about to happen to the rest of the bit of power he has left. He will have no hope of changing ANYTHING once the Senate is no longer controlled by that dork Harry Reid (King of DO-NOTHING).

Last edited by PACEDOG#1 on 6/27/2014, 1:31 am; edited 1 time in total

Floridatexan wrote:
PkrBum wrote:The pentagon alone employees nearly a million civilian contractors. Wtf do they do that a private couldn't?

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/obama-spending-binge-never-happened-2012-05-22

May 22, 2012, 12:00 a.m. EDT

Obama spending binge never happened

Commentary: Government outlays rising at slowest pace since 1950s

WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) — "Of all the falsehoods told about President Barack Obama, the biggest whopper is the one about his reckless spending spree.

As would-be president Mitt Romney tells it: “I will lead us out of this debt and spending inferno.”

Almost everyone believes that Obama has presided over a massive increase in federal spending, an “inferno” of spending that threatens our jobs, our businesses and our children’s future. Even Democrats seem to think it’s true.

Government spending under Obama, including his signature stimulus bill, is rising at a 1.4% annualized pace — slower than at any time in nearly 60 years.
But it didn’t happen. Although there was a big stimulus bill under Obama, federal spending is rising at the slowest pace since Dwight Eisenhower brought the Korean War to an end in the 1950s.

Even hapless Herbert Hoover managed to increase spending more than Obama has.

Here are the facts, according to the official government statistics:

• In the 2009 fiscal year — the last of George W. Bush’s presidency — federal spending rose by 17.9% from $2.98 trillion to $3.52 trillion. Check the official numbers at the Office of Management and Budget.

• In fiscal 2010 — the first budget under Obama — spending fell 1.8% to $3.46 trillion.

• In fiscal 2011, spending rose 4.3% to $3.60 trillion.

• In fiscal 2012, spending is set to rise 0.7% to $3.63 trillion, according to the Congressional Budget Office’s estimate of the budget that was agreed to last August.

• Finally in fiscal 2013 — the final budget of Obama’s term — spending is scheduled to fall 1.3% to $3.58 trillion. Read the CBO’s latest budget outlook.

The big surge in federal spending happened in fiscal 2009, before Obama took office. Since then, spending growth has been relatively flat.
Over Obama’s four budget years, federal spending is on track to rise from $3.52 trillion to $3.58 trillion, an annualized increase of just 0.4%.

There has been no huge increase in spending under the current president, despite what you hear.

Why do people think Obama has spent like a drunken sailor? It’s in part because of a fundamental misunderstanding of the federal budget..."

The Do-Nothing Party Decides to sue Obama . . . what do we get? MW-AR658_spendi_20120521163312_ME

The Do-Nothing Party Decides to sue Obama . . . what do we get? MW-AR657_federa_20120521151828_ME

Was there at point to this? Beyond the govt spending nearly twice what it collects?

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PACEDOG#1 wrote:I've already busted your chops on posts you made in here on US/World History and politics. You crawfish and back peddle making excuses and posting revisionist ideologies only the Beat Generation could do while tripping on acid.

When your party had control it shoved Obamacare down everyone's throats and you have a guy in DC who thinks he is King and not POTUS. Of course, he's been getting his smack down by the SCOTUS recently on his failure to do recess appointments by the Constitution and his shoving EPA rules down folks throats. Can't wait for midterms in November...remember as you and the other libtards say, "elections have consequences." You'll be squealing like a pig that day.

Obama came in singing HOPEY CHANGEY. That's what is about to happen to the rest of the bit of power he has left. He will have no hope of changing ANYTHING once the Senate is no longer controlled by that dork Harry Reid (King of DO-NOTHING).

How can one person be so consistently wrong? Obama's not my hero. He's terribly flawed and far too conservative.

But given the idiots you've put up to challenge him (or Clinton), I'd have to vote democrat again. However, I'm delighted that Boehner and the republicans are suing him, just before the mid-term elections. I wish they were trying to impeach him, but you can't get everything you want, right?

Your understanding of today's politics is that of a loser. You represent the far, furry, right wing Christian fundamentalist, militarist base which is ready to stand and die instead of compromise. Just like your comrades, you haven't any regard for what happens in elections when you've failed to persuade newcomers to your "principles." Like Herr Markle, our resident Nazi forum member, you concentrate on insulting your political opponents instead of making any attempt to persuade them on issues.

You keep repeating the phrase, "you're scared to death," as though it was some kind of intolerable insult. Could it be the same phrase tells us all what kind of soldier you really were?

Reality.

Blah blah blah yackity schmackity

And Wordslinger, I've read Revelations and know how all of this ends bro. It will end well for me Smile

Christians don't lose in how things play out....

The Do-Nothing Party Decides to sue Obama . . . what do we get? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSgJhsiNK3vDrc3BbG8dmqO93erttAmk1DPO5aLVexoOE7ywpX8

I agree. Then there's those employed in the IRS, social security, unemployment agencies, educational field, medical, state and local government, that need a close look at also.

I swear that at least a quarter to half the jobs at the local courthouse could be eliminated.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSFU8fYkqDg

Smile 

Sal

Sal

This action brings to fore an existential question ....

Can an empty suit file an empty suit?

The Do-Nothing Party Decides to sue Obama . . . what do we get? Image003-1

This is what happens when you combine barbiturates and red wine.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PACEDOG#1 wrote:And Wordslinger, I've read Revelations and know how all of this ends bro. It will end well for me Smile

That's why you're a lousy Christian and a lousy American -- you are totally concerned with yourself and don't give a damn for anyone else.

Reality!

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PACEDOG#1 wrote:And Wordslinger, I've read Revelations and know how all of this ends bro. It will end well for me Smile

You've read Revelations...well, that's a whole new ballgame, isn't it? No...it's not.

The Do-Nothing Party Decides to sue Obama . . . what do we get? Rwnj-jesus-pic

Floridatexan wrote:

You've read Revelations...well, that's a whole new ballgame, isn't it?  No...it's not.  

The Do-Nothing Party Decides to sue Obama . . . what do we get? Rwnj-jesus-pic

Wow, how Christphobic of you...

boards of FL

boards of FL

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you are a drone operator, right?   Haven't you stated that here before?

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Christians don't lose in how things play out....

Tell that shit to the thousands of Christian American troops who lost their lives in Iraq and Afghanistan, ALL FOR NOTHING!

You wanna go meet Jesus ... nobody's stoppin' you bro. LOL

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum