Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lebron to Opt Out

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Lebron to Opt Out Empty Lebron to Opt Out 6/24/2014, 12:09 pm

Sal

Sal

LeBron James' agent, Rich Paul, has informed the Miami Heat that James will exercise his early termination option and become an unrestricted free agent on July 1.

Opting out does not mean that James has decided to leave the Heat, sources said.

James, a four-time NBA MVP, had until June 30 to decide whether to opt out of the final two years of his contract with Miami. He was scheduled to make $20 million next season and had two years and about $42.7 million remaining on his deal.

In his four seasons in Miami, the Heat have gone to the NBA Finals four times, winning two championships. James could join Shaquille O'Neal as the only players in NBA history to lead their teams in total points scored in the NBA Finals and then play for a different team to start the following season, according to Elias Sports Bureau. O'Neal played for the 2003-04 Los Angeles Lakers, who lost to the Detroit Pistons in the NBA Finals, and then was traded to the Heat in the offseason.

The other two Miami stars with early termination options -- Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh -- have not yet told the Heat or publicly revealed whether they will join James as free agents this summer. Bosh and James both said last week that the three would meet before deciding anything about their respective futures, and it's been widely speculated that they might have to rework their deals to keep the "Big 3" together in Miami.

http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/story/_/id/11127329/lebron-james-opt-contract-miami-heat

2Lebron to Opt Out Empty Re: Lebron to Opt Out 6/24/2014, 12:11 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Ha rumph!

3Lebron to Opt Out Empty Re: Lebron to Opt Out 6/24/2014, 12:34 pm

2seaoat

The team of ages is having a momentary bump.

4Lebron to Opt Out Empty Re: Lebron to Opt Out 6/24/2014, 12:36 pm

2seaoat

Rumor is that the wife wants to go home.......Cleveland may finally have a sports team after forty years.

5Lebron to Opt Out Empty Re: Lebron to Opt Out 6/24/2014, 12:44 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I heard that....

6Lebron to Opt Out Empty Re: Lebron to Opt Out 6/24/2014, 12:48 pm

2seaoat

I heard that....

Happy family.....happy star. I am excited for James because if he goes back to his hometown, and does not try to broker and manage the team, he could actually cement his legacy by bringing some of these young players to a championship, and showing his loyalty to the fans. I think this is a great career move and hopefully he will have learned from the damage of the last spectacle and move.

7Lebron to Opt Out Empty Re: Lebron to Opt Out 6/24/2014, 12:50 pm

Just wanting more pub....hope Cleveland tells him to pound sand.

8Lebron to Opt Out Empty Re: Lebron to Opt Out 6/24/2014, 1:43 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Just wanting more pub....hope Cleveland tells him to pound sand.

If you know absolutely nothing about basketball, which you clearly don't, why even comment at all?

9Lebron to Opt Out Empty Re: Lebron to Opt Out 6/24/2014, 6:47 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:I heard that....

Happy family.....happy star.  I am excited for James because if he goes back to his hometown, and does not try to broker and manage the team, he could actually cement his legacy by bringing some of these young players to a championship, and showing his loyalty to the fans.   I think this is a great career move and hopefully he will have learned from the damage of the last spectacle and move.

All of the LeBron hype, regarding his move from Cleveland to Miami, irritated me.

Chicago wants him.

10Lebron to Opt Out Empty Re: Lebron to Opt Out 6/24/2014, 9:53 pm

2seaoat

Chicago wants him.

It would be a great fit. A center who plays defense and makes assists, and a point guard who was MVP, both things needed for James to go to the next level. Bosh only hurt James.

11Lebron to Opt Out Empty Re: Lebron to Opt Out 6/24/2014, 11:03 pm

boards of FL wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:Just wanting more pub....hope Cleveland tells him to pound sand.

If you know absolutely nothing about basketball, which you clearly don't, why even comment at all?

I know plenty. Lebron is all about himself and nothing else. That's all anyone needs to know. Your nose is so brown from tailing him that if he came to a sudden halt on a post up, you'd have your noggin' half way up his booty.  He has 1/3 the titles of Jordan and you think he is better when he refuses to play defense and still chokes. Four years with the best team money can buy and gets whupped by the Spurs.

12Lebron to Opt Out Empty Re: Lebron to Opt Out 6/25/2014, 9:49 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Lebron is all about himself and nothing else. That's all anyone needs to know.

he refuses to play defense

Four years with the best team money can buy and gets whupped by the Spurs.

Seriously.  You do not watch basketball.  At all.  If you do, I feel very very sorry for you.

13Lebron to Opt Out Empty Re: Lebron to Opt Out 6/25/2014, 9:51 am

It's sad your worship Lebron like you do Obama.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum