Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

For BOF (Lebron worshipper)

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1For BOF (Lebron worshipper) Empty For BOF (Lebron worshipper) 6/18/2015, 2:05 am

KarlRove

KarlRove

https://www.facebook.com/bleacherreport/videos/10153061424906006/?fref=nf

2For BOF (Lebron worshipper) Empty Re: For BOF (Lebron worshipper) 6/18/2015, 4:22 am

2seaoat

SHAME on #SportingNews #ESPN #BleacherReport & the American Sports Media by Being the Hype Machine of #LeBronJames!!!
He is a Good Player, but he's NOT in the Top 10 Best Players in History List!!!
SHAME on the Media by suggesting that LeBron Should be the MVP, Disrespecting Stephen Curry & the Golden State Warriors!!!
STOP Posting the LeBron James GARBAGE!!!
LeBron has LOST 4 NBA Finals..YES 4 NBA Finals LOST by LeBron James!!!
LeBron James NEVER Gonna Be Better than:
Bill Russell 11 Times NBA Champion,
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar 6 Times NBA Champion,
Michael Jordan 6 Times NBA Champion,
Kobe Bryant 5 Times NBA Champion,
Magic Johnson 5 Times NBA Champion!!!
Larry Bird 3 Times NBA Champion!!!
George Mikan 5 Times NBA Champion!!!
STOP!!!

3For BOF (Lebron worshipper) Empty Re: For BOF (Lebron worshipper) 6/18/2015, 4:32 am

2seaoat

Never has a weaker performance been rewarded with the MVP, until that person was guarded by Lebron James......pure stat hype and the people selling the hype are so busted......I predicted this last year, this year, and next year......he is nothing more than a selfish gunner who is playing out of position and is hurting the teams he plays on because he cannot play defense heads up and is playing for stats....he has become a swinging door on defense......as Bosh and others have said about playing with James.....it is hard.   The blossom has fallen and he will NOT win another ring, and as I predicted....people will see Lebron James as the NEW Buffalo Bills....never really good enough to win and all but forgotten in history.  Some say it is bitter babyboomers, but this babyboomer just saw the best in the NBA get his first ring....with more to come.   Some folks know that TEAM matters.

4For BOF (Lebron worshipper) Empty Re: For BOF (Lebron worshipper) 6/18/2015, 11:59 am

KarlRove

KarlRove

Seaoat, you forgot about Big Shot Bob who has seven rings

5For BOF (Lebron worshipper) Empty Re: For BOF (Lebron worshipper) 6/18/2015, 12:13 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

When you find yourself as the lone person participating with KarlRove in a circle-jerk thread, when you find yourself using the Markle tactic of pretending as if you can't see anything that the person who you are disagreeing with is posting so as to avoid directly responding, when you find yourself copy-and-pasting all-caps posts that appear to come from Facebook or an FWD email, well...

Markle and KarlRove, please welcome 2seaoat into your elite club of village idiots. Keep an eye on that one as he shows great promise. He may even be your leader soon enough.

6For BOF (Lebron worshipper) Empty Re: For BOF (Lebron worshipper) 6/18/2015, 12:43 pm

2seaoat wrote:SHAME on #SportingNews #ESPN #BleacherReport & the American Sports Media by Being the Hype Machine of #LeBronJames!!!
He is a Good Player, but he's NOT in the Top 10 Best Players in History List!!!
SHAME on the Media by suggesting that LeBron Should be the MVP, Disrespecting Stephen Curry & the Golden State Warriors!!!
STOP Posting the LeBron James GARBAGE!!!
LeBron has LOST 4 NBA Finals..YES 4 NBA Finals LOST by LeBron James!!!
LeBron James NEVER Gonna Be Better than:
Bill Russell 11 Times NBA Champion,
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar 6 Times NBA Champion,
Michael Jordan 6 Times NBA Champion,
Kobe Bryant 5 Times NBA Champion,
Magic Johnson 5 Times NBA Champion!!!
Larry Bird 3 Times NBA Champion!!!
George Mikan 5 Times NBA Champion!!!
STOP!!!

There's a pretty good parallel between lebron and wilt.

7For BOF (Lebron worshipper) Empty Re: For BOF (Lebron worshipper) 6/18/2015, 3:59 pm

KarlRove

KarlRove

BOF- butthurt

8For BOF (Lebron worshipper) Empty Re: For BOF (Lebron worshipper) 6/18/2015, 5:06 pm

2seaoat

Wilt scored a 100 points he is the best ever.......as boards rattled his pacifier.....Nobody scored that many........

I have joined Mr. Markle and Pace.......well it was that or be impressed with James who cannot win.......I like my company on this issue.....they can control their emotions......Boards is blinded by love for James......he cannot be objective and has a hissy fit if anyone suggests that batting .150 sucks.....but Wilt scored a 100....how could you not recognize him as the best......because some folks played basketball, coached basketball, and understand basketball.......so winning kinda matters.

9For BOF (Lebron worshipper) Empty Re: For BOF (Lebron worshipper) 6/18/2015, 5:59 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

BOF.....what the hell is wrong with you. The name-calling is a bit childish, it's similar to " if I can't get my way, I'm taking my ball and going home."  Grade school mentality.

You think if people don't worship LeBron, the way you do, they are haters. Good grief. He is a very good player, but a player with flaws. You are certainly not going to sway posters with your ruthless behaviour and attitude. I have watched, played, coach and refereed basketball games for over 50 years....I don't need you to tell me who is the best, most admired and loved by you...and expect me to follow your lead.

10For BOF (Lebron worshipper) Empty Re: For BOF (Lebron worshipper) 6/18/2015, 6:05 pm

2seaoat

I think Boards got a ribbon for playing on his youth soccer team.   This idea that everybody is a winner has clouded his thought.  Yes, in the big boy world there are winners and losers.  James is a loser.   He is talented, intelligent, and a good person, but he sucks as a coach.   So for all those kids who got ribbons despite never winning.......well my condolences......because there are winners and losers, and winning a championship ring is a big deal......but I heard the NBA is going to give Lebron a ribbon because he is a winner.....everybody is a winner.

11For BOF (Lebron worshipper) Empty Re: For BOF (Lebron worshipper) 6/18/2015, 6:37 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

My grandson age 2 1/2 got ribbon in Karate. He was the only one out of 200+ that was wearing a diaper. He did his best.

12For BOF (Lebron worshipper) Empty Re: For BOF (Lebron worshipper) 6/18/2015, 6:40 pm

KarlRove

KarlRove

Yep the whole idea that everyone should et a trophy is goofy

13For BOF (Lebron worshipper) Empty Re: For BOF (Lebron worshipper) 6/18/2015, 7:02 pm

2seaoat

Boards is probably right though....us babyboomers put too much emphasis on winning and rings.  We forget the gallant effort in losing.....again and again.....and heck if this generation grew up getting ribbons for just participating, how can we not understand the difficulty they are having that great players do not get participation ribbons....but rings

14For BOF (Lebron worshipper) Empty Re: For BOF (Lebron worshipper) 6/18/2015, 7:11 pm

2seaoat

Yep the whole idea that everyone should et a trophy is goofy

I am playing with Boards in the sandbox, but I am being serious when I was one of those folks who wanted everybody to get a ribbon and feel good.  Yet, in the real world it is a vicious competitive world where there are winners and losers.  Sports attracts us to the battle, and sadly maybe we do put too much emphasis on winning, but I am beginning to question handing out a ribbon with a juice box and having kids think that there are no winners or losers.  Billy scored three goals.....Billy is a good soccer player.......the score was 12-3, but Billy is a good soccer player.

In the NBA, it is extraordinary to make it to the level to get multiple rings.....it is another level and it does matter.   There are no participation ribbons and nobody wants them.

15For BOF (Lebron worshipper) Empty Re: For BOF (Lebron worshipper) 6/18/2015, 7:47 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I still believe in participation ribbons for the little ones. Life is competitive, I played sports to win; I coached the same way. Like I said previously, coaching is teaching skills, practice, and 80% motivation.

16For BOF (Lebron worshipper) Empty Re: For BOF (Lebron worshipper) 6/18/2015, 8:39 pm

2seaoat wrote:I think Boards got a ribbon for playing on his youth soccer team.   This idea that everybody is a winner has clouded his thought.  Yes, in the big boy world there are winners and losers.  James is a loser.   He is talented, intelligent, and a good person, but he sucks as a coach.   So for all those kids who got ribbons despite never winning.......well my condolences......because there are winners and losers, and winning a championship ring is a big deal......but I heard the NBA is going to give Lebron a ribbon because he is a winner.....everybody is a winner.

Ah... the green participation ribbon. His third grade remedial gym coach must've been so proud. Still on the frig bof?

17For BOF (Lebron worshipper) Empty Re: For BOF (Lebron worshipper) 6/19/2015, 9:29 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

Joanimaroni wrote:BOF.....what the hell is wrong with you. The name-calling is a bit childish, it's similar to " if I can't get my way, I'm taking my ball and going home."  Grade school mentality.

You think if people don't worship LeBron, the way you do, they are haters. Good grief. He is a very good player, but a player with flaws. You are certainly not going to sway posters with your ruthless behaviour and attitude. I have watched, played, coach and refereed basketball games for over 50 years....I don't need you to tell me who is the best, most admired and loved by you...and expect me to follow your lead.

I'm not asking anyone to worship LeBron.  I'm simply calling out ignorance - or trolling, whichever it is.  Comments like this (below) are about as ignorant as it gets.  If I decided that I wanted to completely troll an NBA forum and I then sought out to come up with the absolute most ignorant comment that I could imagine, I doubt I could come up with anything that would approach this one:

he is nothing more than a selfish gunner who is playing out of position and is hurting the teams he plays on because he cannot play defense heads up and is playing for stats

My MO hasn't changed at all here.  I treat ignorant trolls like ignorant trolls.  Back in reality, LeBron is often criticized for his unselfishness.  It is seen as a fault.  The general knock against LeBron is that he should take more shots and pass less.  Look at all the grief that he caught for passing to Bosh for the open three in that last Spurs series in 2014.  I'm not going to go back and sift through last years NBA thread though I suspect I would find both you and 2seaoat saying something to the effect of "Jordan would have taken that shot with the game on the line.  Champions don't give up game winning shots."  Yes, of course they don't.

Now this year the narrative is the opposite.  Anyone who watched this recent finals series saw LeBron take considerably more shots than normal because there was no one else on the team who could generate any sort of offense.  That much was obvious.  But in baby-boomer-Jordan-fanboy-land..."LeBron is trying to pad his stats!  LeBron is a selfish player who hinders the success of every team he plays on!"

Act like an ignorant troll.   Get treated like an ignorant troll.

18For BOF (Lebron worshipper) Empty Re: For BOF (Lebron worshipper) 6/19/2015, 9:57 am

2seaoat

This ignorant troll has nailed it.  James is like the mailman.  Most would take that comparison as an honor.  A physical player who would bull his way to the basket and who had a soft shot.  He just could not beat the better players of his era.  He could not win.......but look at the all time scorers......he had the stats.  Now to make him into something else.....well that would require victories.....winning.....rings.

The best player in the world ship has passed, and you are angry with me because I busted your balls about your James love fest when I have been dead cinch correct, including for three years talking about how people were blowing by him, and how weak his defense has become.   The mailman could play defense.......but he played in position, and took high percentage shots off the pick and roll.......he never made a bench warmer into the MVP in a final series.  Who cares about Jordan, there are about ten people after him on the list who were great players and pretending somebody is a winner, or ignoring reality does not advance one up that list.

The thing I do not get....being compared to the Mailman is an honor......unless  of course handing out participation ribbons is the goal of the NBA.

19For BOF (Lebron worshipper) Empty Re: For BOF (Lebron worshipper) 6/23/2015, 7:26 am

2seaoat

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/phil-jackson-says-lebron-james-travels-all-the-time-and-current-players-have-no-discipline/ar-AAbXbZK

20For BOF (Lebron worshipper) Empty Re: For BOF (Lebron worshipper) 6/23/2015, 7:47 am

I see tons of players travel going to the hoop... so he's not really the issue there. What really is unfair are his elbows backing smaller players down... first it's unnecessary... second it's a blatant foul. He also reaches around before turning to the hoop... it needs to be called.

21For BOF (Lebron worshipper) Empty Re: For BOF (Lebron worshipper) 6/23/2015, 10:54 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PkrBum wrote:I see tons of players travel going to the hoop... so he's not really the issue there. What really is unfair are his elbows backing smaller players down... first it's unnecessary... second it's a blatant foul. He also reaches around before turning to the hoop... it needs to be called.

Absolutely

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum