Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I'll even go as far as to say that Lebron vs Durant is the best battling duo the NBA has ever seen...

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

boards of FL

boards of FL

Kevin Durant is another player that I will say is one for the ages. Just wait until he retires. One of the greatest of all time. We are very lucky to see this level of basketball right now.

2seaoat

Kevin Durant is another player that I will say is one for the ages.

He is simply exceptional. There are about 6 current players who are playing on that high level. I am glad you recognize that he is right there with James, and when you put in Kolby and Duncan you probably have four of the best Basketball players currently. Clearly, none are putting great distance between each other and probably if you simply used all historical criteria it would be Kolby and Duncan who are higher on the list than the other two.......but Durant could set all scoring records if he stays healthy. The Houston and Ok series was fun to watch last night.

2seaoat wrote:Kevin Durant is another player that I will say is one for the ages.

He is simply exceptional. There are about 6 current players who are playing on that high level. I am glad you recognize that he is right there with James, and when you put in Kolby and Duncan you probably have four of the best Basketball players currently. Clearly, none are putting great distance between each other and probably if you simply used all historical criteria it would be Kolby and Duncan who are higher on the list than the other two.......but Durant could set all scoring records if he stays healthy. The Houston and Ok series was fun to watch last night.

If you are talking about that Bryant guy from the Lakers, shouldn't it be Kobe instead of Kolby?

2seaoat

I do this all the time Koby......I will do it again.

Well Westbrook is out so again this year if the heat stars stay healthy, they will have their competitors falling with knee injury. Not much of a stellar path to infamy...........

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/OKC-Thunder-Russell-Westbrook-out%2C-needs-knee-surgery-042613

NaNook

NaNook

I remember the Wilt and Bill head to head games. I remember Earl, Jerry, Gail, etc. It was back when the Officials actually called traveling and other fouls.

It's entertainment now.....

boards of FL

boards of FL

As entertaining as those players may have been at the time, there is no question as to whether what we have now is better. We are enjoying an unparalleled period of basketball right now.

2seaoat

We are enjoying an unparalleled period of basketball right now.

I have to agree. The game is international now. The pool of talent has expanded 10 fold. The Kid playing center for Houston is a good example. He was born in Turkey and learned the game and he is number 4 in rebounds and plays stellar defense. Kids all over the world are dribbling balls instead of kicking balls. In China Jeremy has started a revolution.......four times the population of America and talent will be flowing here in twenty years.......it has become an international game.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum