Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is the VA fixed?

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Is the VA fixed? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is the VA fixed? 6/11/2014, 12:43 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Mr Ichi wrote:  I use VA because it works for me.  If and when it proves not to be a good source of health care, I will quit it in a flash.  Might such a decision bankrupt me?  Of course, but I would be alive or in better health.

Those with major combat injuries should be the main purpose of the VA.  They have no choice.  Many of the rest of the people who use/abuse VA have a choice.

I'm with Ichi on his second point. It's questionable to me why someone who was in the military for four years and never saw any action should expect to be given free health care for the rest of his life? Especially when I was in the cub scouts for about the same amount of time and I had to pay every penny for my health care out of my pocket.

But about your first paragraph, Ichi. Hopefully it won't happen, but if what you say does happen, and the VA starts slipping on your health care, you can go to Medicare. Of course that's no answer for those under 65.
But it is for us old geezers.

27Is the VA fixed? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is the VA fixed? 6/11/2014, 1:02 pm

I survived before VA and Medicare. I had to pay but I needed the services the doctors and hospitals provided.
One day I was washing my car and in the trash bin was a flyer about VA. I had not even thought about VA because I figured I did not qualify. It used to be for those with service connected issues. But I called them and they said to fill out a app on line if I could, if not they would find someone to help me with the paper work. I did and they accepted me after a month or so. They scheduled me a complete physical and assigned me a primary care doctor. It was during the eye exam that they discovered my Eye issues.
I am very very lucky. I have no known heath issues other than my eyes.
VA, for me, is a tool. part of the answer to a problem, nothing more.

28Is the VA fixed? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is the VA fixed? 6/11/2014, 1:07 pm

I think the govt should take care of all of the people it insures for whatever reason... clinics, labs, hospitals... etc.

If you like the irs, usps, dmv, border patrol... etc. You're gonna love government hospitals incorporated comrades.

29Is the VA fixed? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is the VA fixed? 6/11/2014, 1:25 pm

Well mr itchi and Bob since you feel that way I take it you bot are not supporters of Obamacare

You know the whole thing about being responsible for your life and Health I agree and some people call me bad names because of that welcome to the club lol

30Is the VA fixed? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is the VA fixed? 6/11/2014, 1:30 pm

Anything service related should be taken care of by the VA. It's part of what was promised to us when we signed on the dotted line and took that oath.

31Is the VA fixed? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is the VA fixed? 6/11/2014, 1:49 pm

I dont remember signing this. I think I raised my hand a swore a oath. I also dont remember being promised anything.

I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

32Is the VA fixed? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is the VA fixed? 6/11/2014, 2:03 pm

Hey itchi poor people working at mcdonalds arnt promised healthcare either but the left says it is a right and they get free subsidized healthcare under Obamacare and they didn't have to do any pushups or nothin

33Is the VA fixed? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is the VA fixed? 6/11/2014, 2:45 pm

DD 4/1 Promises? LOL

http://quakerhouse.org/documents/enlist.html

Is the VA fixed? - Page 2 Enlist1

Is the VA fixed? - Page 2 Enlist2

34Is the VA fixed? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is the VA fixed? 6/12/2014, 10:16 am

Bump...It is 9am  Your update is late.  I know you are a busy man, just trying to help.  

e: Is the VA fixed? on 6/10/2014, 11:53 am
PACEDOG#1

Is it fixed yet? I'm gonna bump this every day until it is...

35Is the VA fixed? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is the VA fixed? 6/12/2014, 3:04 pm

It's still not fixed

36Is the VA fixed? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is the VA fixed? 6/12/2014, 3:05 pm

Some of us are on a different time clock homey

37Is the VA fixed? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is the VA fixed? 6/14/2014, 8:19 am

Is it fixed yet? I'm gonna bump this every day until it is.

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Some of us are on a different time clock homey

You must also use a different calendar. LOL You missed yesterday. You need to try harder..

38Is the VA fixed? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is the VA fixed? 6/17/2014, 7:08 pm

dumpcare

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/06/14/veterans-entitlement/

The next time any Republican accuses President Obama or the Democrats of not supporting our veterans, please point them in the direction of Republican senator Jeff Sessions from Alabama who, along with only two other Senators – both Republican – voted against the bi-partisan veterans bill which aimed to ease the healthcare delays for veterans by giving them more access to private care and allowing the Department of Veterans Affairs the funds to open more clinics and hire more medical staff. It passed the House of Representatives unanimously.

But Sessions wasn’t feeling that bi-partisan “support the troops” facade that the GOP loves to paint:

This, coming from the party who charged America 24 billion dollars for an immigrant to read Green Eggs and Ham on the Senate floor.

And does Sessions really see this as an entitlement? After you and your entire party blasted President Obama and Veteran’s Affairs secretary Shinseki for being incompetent, you call this an entitlement? I would think our veterans receiving the healthcare they deserve, and not being placed on a 2+ month waiting list would be a priority, not an entitlement. However, it should be noted that “entitlement” (something you are entitled to) has taken on a different and very negative meaning in recent years because Republicans would like to demonize anyone, including veterans, who receive monetary benefits.

The bill would require an emergency supplemental appropriation mainly for the opening of the 26 clinics.

Sessions served in the Army reserve from 1973-1986. He is now a United States Senator, and has been one since 1997. He has his healthcare, and quite a good plan. He doesn’t have to wait 2+ months to see a doctor. He can see one right in the Capitol building if he really wanted to. If anything, Sessions is the one taking the entitlement.

Hey Senator Chickenhawk, those veterans offered you a blank check with their lives. Cut some funding in corporate subsidies them maybe you can talk about “entitlements.” Soldiers are Probably Slightly Less Boring Than Working at election time when Republicans need votes. Between elections, not so much. With that in mind, I guess someone forgot to tell Sessions that there’s an election this year. Maybe he’s not up until 2016?

39Is the VA fixed? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is the VA fixed? 6/17/2014, 7:10 pm

dumpcare

Mr Ichi wrote:I dont remember signing this.  I think I raised my hand a swore a oath.  I also dont remember being promised anything.

I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

I wasn't promised anything either, in fact at 18 years old I'd never heard of the VA and not even during 4 years. It wasn't until I was out and received a letter from them saying I was awarded a disability.

40Is the VA fixed? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is the VA fixed? 6/17/2014, 7:32 pm

I have it From a inside source that the insurance companies are acting like they are gov now with all the power and are now implementing Thier plans to kill off all the little guys.

You'll be hearing about it soon

41Is the VA fixed? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is the VA fixed? 6/17/2014, 8:08 pm

How can the va have been ruining a surplus and patients not being seen?

If answer is a lack of doctors or staff or equipment or facilities... get used to those excuses.

42Is the VA fixed? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is the VA fixed? 6/17/2014, 8:19 pm

PkrBum wrote:How can the va have been ruining a surplus and patients not being seen?

If answer is a lack of doctors or staff or equipment or facilities... get used to those excuses.

Here's another possible reason

No drive

They are the gov

Supply and demand does have it's benefits

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum