Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ice still on Lake Superior....global warming my arse

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

http://www.usatoday.com/story/weather/2014/06/02/lake-superior-winter-ice/9878461/

2seaoat

extremes.........

How convenient.

Your views are extreme seabass

2seaoat

Your views are extreme seabass

My opinion does not matter. The 97% of climate scientist do. I personally have lost $260,000 plus uninsured record flood damage over the last decade. The 110 years of records on the river in question have had the top 7 flood events happen in the last 10 years..........if you know anything about statistics.......you would understand how fricking astronomical the odds are for something like that to happen without some independent cause.

ICE AGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2seaoat wrote:Your views are extreme seabass

My opinion does not matter.  The 97% of climate scientist do.   I personally have lost $260,000 plus uninsured record flood damage over the last decade.  The 110 years of records on the river in question have had the top 7 flood events happen in the last 10 years..........if you know anything about statistics.......you would understand how fricking astronomical the odds are for something like that to happen without some independent cause.

as I recall a dam was removed in the Illinois area by the GOV a couple of years ago. I don't know your exact location, but that could be a problem.

Governor Pat Quinn today moved forward with a major initiative that will significantly improve the health of Illinois waterways by removing or modifying 16 low-head dams throughout the state over the next several years. At an event in Riverside, the governor announced the completion of the Hofmann Dam removal. The dam removal initiative is the latest by Governor Quinn to protect the environment and preserve Illinois’ natural resources.
http://www3.illinois.gov/pressreleases/ShowPressRelease.cfm?SubjectID=2&RecNum=10665

Sal

Sal

Global warming is wrong because ice. 

Stellar logic. 

Sal wrote:Global warming is wrong because ice. 

Stellar logic. 

MAN MADE CLIMATE change is wrong because MAN did and never has CAUSED IT.

Please reference mini ice ages and all other ice ages.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Your views are extreme seabass

My opinion does not matter.  The 97% of climate scientist do.   I personally have lost $260,000 plus uninsured record flood damage over the last decade.  The 110 years of records on the river in question have had the top 7 flood events happen in the last 10 years..........if you know anything about statistics.......you would understand how fricking astronomical the odds are for something like that to happen without some independent cause.

Please show the source of that ridiculous figure. The LINK and to a RELIABLE SOURCE.

How many people are on earth? And ONE of them lost $260,000 in 10 years. You are humorous.

And your flood events have had nothing to do with cities, highways and homes being built in the are over the past 110 years.

BUT, as you know, it is a FACT that they has been no global warming in over 17 years.

Ice still on Lake Superior....global warming my arse Stirthepot-1

2seaoat

The 97% of climate scientist links have been provided to you by at least four forum members......at least have the integrity to say you did not look at them, and have the canned answer that they cannot be reliable sources because I am a paid shill.

Since 2003 the growth in new construction in the river flood plain has been less than 5%, and your analysis is absurd statistically.

as I recall a dam was removed in the Illinois area by the GOV a couple of years ago. I don't know your exact location, but that could be a problem.

The removal of low head dams have no impact on flood damage. Most were built in the 1840-1860 range to provide water power to mills. There is minimal flood protection for a property above a dam and very close to the dam where the proximity allows some release of the flood level. The reason the low head dams are being removed is the risk to kayaks, fishermen, canoeist, and sadly rescue workers. The undertow from a six foot drop creates what we call a rooster tail. This zone will not release its victims. I have been caught in one rooster tail fishing below the dam on the Fox River System. I got too close to the rooster tail, it grabbed me, and churned me around for about 15 seconds, and for the life of me I do not understand released me as I was soon flailing in 8 inch water below the dam with my fishing pole still in my hand. The environmentalist want the small mouth bass populations to return to a river where there are no artificial pools above the dams. The boaters want to water ski and jet ski in the pools above the dams. On solution is stepped dams which spread out the drop over a greater distance. These are very expensive solutions but they do not impact historic flooding throughout the midwest.

Yes please do show us the source for that ridiculous 97% figure that came from a paper out of a college in the UK I believe. Do show it, because the last person who tried to show it got sued. Because its a lie and they don't want people examining it.

and I don't mean other people quoting that figure, I mean the data where that figure came from.

and sorry, but removing any dams has an effect, or whats the purpose?

Sal

Sal

How about NASA?

http://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus

Or are they a muslim-loving program now?

lol

Sal

Sal

But, forget 97%.

Try 99.9% on for size.

http://www.natureworldnews.com/articles/6598/20140411/historical-analysis-of-climate-change-supports-man-made-warming-with-99-9-certainty.htm

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2013/11/20/the-97-consensus-myth-busted-by-a-real-survey/

We’ve all been subjected to the incessant “97% of scientists agree …global warming…blah blah” meme, which is nothing more than another statistical fabrication by John Cook and his collection of “anything for the cause” zealots. As has been previously pointed out on WUWT, when you look at the methodology used to reach that number, the veracity of the result falls apart, badly. You see, it turns out that Cook simply employed his band of “Skeptical Science” (SkS) eco-zealots to rate papers, rather than letting all authors of the papers rate their own work (Note: many authors weren’t even contacted and their papers wrongly rated, see here). The result was that the “97% consensus” was a survey of the SkS raters beliefs and interpretations, rather than a survey of the authors opinions of their own science abstracts. Essentially it was pal-review by an activist group with a strong bias towards a particular outcome as demonstrated by the name “the consensus project”.

In short, it was a lie of omission enabled by a “pea and thimble” switch Steve McIntyre so often points out about climate science.

Most people who read the headlines touted by the unquestioning press had no idea that this was a collection of Skeptical Science raters opinions rather than the authors assessment of their own work. Readers of news stories had no idea they’d been lied to by John Cook et al².

So, while we’ll be fighting this lie for years, one very important bit of truth has emerged that will help put it into its proper place of propaganda, rather than science. A recent real survey conducted of American Meteorological Society members has blown Cook’s propaganda paper right out of the water.

The survey is titled:

Meteorologists’ views about global warming: A survey of American Meteorological Society professional members¹

“Is global warming happening? If so, what is its cause?”

Respondent options were:

Yes: Mostly human Yes: Equally human and natural Yes: Mostly natural Yes: Insufficient evidence [to determine cause] Yes: Don’t know cause Don’t know if global warming is happening Global warming is not happening

Just 52 percent of survey respondents answered Yes: Mostly human.

The other 48 percent either questioned whether global warming is happening or would not ascribe human activity as the primary cause.

Dr.. Judith Curry writes:

Look at the views in column 1, then look at the % in the rightmost column: 52% state the the warming since 1850 is mostly anthropogenic. One common categorization would categorize the other 48% as ‘deniers’.

So, the inconvenient truth here is that about half of the world’s largest organization of meteorological and climate professionals don’t think humans are “mostly” the cause of Anthropogenic Global Warming the rest will probably get smeared as “deniers”.

Sal

Sal

Meteorologists???

Ice still on Lake Superior....global warming my arse Laughing-guys

boards of FL

boards of FL

PkrBum wrote:http://wattsupwiththat.com/2013/11/20/the-97-consensus-myth-busted-by-a-real-survey/

We’ve all been subjected to the incessant “97% of scientists agree …global warming…blah blah” meme, which is nothing more than another statistical fabrication by John Cook and his collection of “anything for the cause” zealots. As has been previously pointed out on WUWT, when you look at the methodology used to reach that number, the veracity of the result falls apart, badly. You see, it turns out that Cook simply employed his band of “Skeptical Science” (SkS) eco-zealots to rate papers, rather than letting all authors of the papers rate their own work (Note: many authors weren’t even contacted and their papers wrongly rated, see here). The result was that the “97% consensus” was a survey of the SkS raters beliefs and interpretations, rather than a survey of the authors opinions of their own science abstracts. Essentially it was pal-review by an activist group with a strong bias towards a particular outcome as demonstrated by the name “the consensus project”.

In short, it was a lie of omission enabled by a “pea and thimble” switch Steve McIntyre so often points out about climate science.

Most people who read the headlines touted by the unquestioning press had no idea that this was a collection of Skeptical Science raters opinions rather than the authors assessment of their own work. Readers of news stories had no idea they’d been lied to by John Cook et al².

So, while we’ll be fighting this lie for years, one very important bit of truth has emerged that will help put it into its proper place of propaganda, rather than science. A recent real survey conducted of American Meteorological Society members has blown Cook’s propaganda paper right out of the water.

The survey is titled:

Meteorologists’ views about global warming: A survey of American Meteorological Society professional members¹

Respondent options were:

Yes: Mostly human Yes: Equally human and natural Yes: Mostly natural Yes: Insufficient evidence [to determine cause] Yes: Don’t know cause Don’t know if global warming is happening Global warming is not happening

The other 48 percent either questioned whether global warming is happening or would not ascribe human activity as the primary cause.

Look at the views in column 1, then look at the % in the rightmost column: 52% state the the warming since 1850 is mostly anthropogenic. One common categorization would categorize the other 48% as ‘deniers’.

So, the inconvenient truth here is that about half of the world’s largest organization of meteorological and climate professionals don’t think humans are “mostly” the cause of Anthropogenic Global Warming the rest will probably get smeared as “deniers”.

I'd point out the fact that you're comparing a survey of meteorologists to an actual peer reviewed study which looks at other peer reviewed studies by actual experts and that has stood the test of critique...but I'm fairly sure you don't know the difference.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

PkrBum wrote:http://wattsupwiththat.com/2013/11/20/the-97-consensus-myth-busted-by-a-real-survey/

The survey is titled:

Respondent options were:

I will admit the zealotry and politicization concerning the matter degrades from its credibility.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

boards of FL wrote:

The survey is titled:

Respondent options were:

I'd point out the fact that you're comparing a survey of meteorologists to an actual peer reviewed study which looks at other peer reviewed studies by actual experts and that has stood the test of critique...but I'm fairly sure you don't know the difference.

I don't expect you to question anything you are told by the administration of this govt.

boards of FL

boards of FL

PkrBum wrote:I don't expect you to question anything you are told by the administration of this govt.

Oh I do. Though I tend to side with the 97% when it comes to science.

I'd also like to point out that the 97% figure only pertains to peer reviewed research that came out during a particular time period of study. In reality, there is no respected scientific organization of national or international standing that denies climate change or man's contribution to it. Not one. Zilch. Zero.

When you find yourself clinging to a political ideology that places you in opposition of such overwhelming scientific consensus, perhaps it is time to have a look in the mirror.

boards of FL

boards of FL

PkrBum wrote:You see, it turns out that Cook simply employed his band of “Skeptical Science” (SkS) eco-zealots to rate papers, rather than letting all authors of the papers rate their own work (Note: many authors weren’t even contacted and their papers wrongly rated, see here). The result was that the “97% consensus” was a survey of the SkS raters beliefs and interpretations, rather than a survey of the authors opinions of their own science abstracts. Essentially it was pal-review by an activist group with a strong bias towards a particular outcome as demonstrated by the name “the consensus project”.

I didn't even make it through the Abstract of the Cook paper before it was confirmed that PkrBum's article is complete BS.

We analyze the evolution of the scientific consensus on anthropogenic global warming (AGW) in the peer-reviewed scientific literature, examining 11 944 climate abstracts from 1991–2011 matching the topics 'global climate change' or 'global warming'. We find that 66.4% of abstracts expressed no position on AGW, 32.6% endorsed AGW, 0.7% rejected AGW and 0.3% were uncertain about the cause of global warming. Among abstracts expressing a position on AGW, 97.1% endorsed the consensus position that humans are causing global warming. In a second phase of this study, we invited authors to rate their own papers. Compared to abstract ratings, a smaller percentage of self-rated papers expressed no position on AGW (35.5%). Among self-rated papers expressing a position on AGW, 97.2% endorsed the consensus. For both abstract ratings and authors' self-ratings, the percentage of endorsements among papers expressing a position on AGW marginally increased over time. Our analysis indicates that the number of papers rejecting the consensus on AGW is a vanishingly small proportion of the published research.

For those looking for information that is a bit more robust than a poll of meteorologists: http://iopscience.iop.org/1748-9326/8/2/024024/article

2seaoat

I would like to blame the pain pills but his sophomoric analysis on many subjects feigns academic or conceptual understanding like a repaint job at Earl Shieb........please do not scratch the surface.

You climate change/global warming zealots are reminding me more and more of the catholic church of antiquity.

Even if all the hoopla you dolts are willing to gobble up and pay infinity for were completely true... fossil fuel is finite.

Not to mention that plants and humans will adapt and thrive... much more so than if the climate began to cool.

Which it will at some point... as anyone who knows ANYTHING about the earth well knows.

You idiots don't even bring anything of scientific value to the table that isn't a spoon fed number to you by the UN.

Anyone that's ever worked with variables can digest enough of this shit to scratch their head... if it's engaged.

2seaoat

Again, I do not need you telling me about plants or some off the wall denial of science.  I have science, and common sense.......jeeez open your fricking eyes to the environment around you the last 15 years. Carbon is the chit you have deposited on you around a campfire as people through plastics and other nasty stuff in the fire.....it is pollution, and just like the sulfur content reduced in the 80s, what thinking human being cannot see the logic of reduction of emissions by 30% when natural gas peaker plants are as cost effective as the dirty coal plants and we now have almost 300 years supply of the same and still expanding that supply. This is not about politics and government, it is about being next to a smokestack and having chit pour out of the same......enough with the shill routine supporting stupid......it is simply time to cut the pollution.

Sal wrote:But, forget 97%.

Try 99.9% on for size.

http://www.natureworldnews.com/articles/6598/20140411/historical-analysis-of-climate-change-supports-man-made-warming-with-99-9-certainty.htm

Two separate things.

the 99% your tossing out here is one mans conclusion to a 99% and the 97% is supposed to represent all scientist that agree its man made. You will NOT find that study because it has been HIDDEN. Because it is a LIE.

You all simply believe it because the GOV tossed it out at you and you eat it up like good little sheep you are.

I really don't understand how a person with at least one brain cell in their head can study ice ages and not question man made climate change. I mean I wouldn't expect you all to study ocean currents, the sun or volcanos but at least you could try to look at ice age periods.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum