Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel Announces City Jobs, Internships Will Go to Illegal Aliens

+3
Jake92
Markle
2seaoat
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

In a recent proclamation, Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel announced that he intends to give city jobs and internships to so-called "DREAMers," youngsters in the country illegally.
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/05/11/Chicago-Mayor-Emanuel-Announces-City-Jobs-Internships-Will-Go-to-Illegal-Aliens

Arrest him.

2seaoat

Arrest him.

It sounds like a good policy if the candidate is qualified and not just for show. A qualified kid who came to this country at five years of age has done nothing wrong. Illegal immigration is like a speeding ticket. If you speed you should be punished. A fine and loss of license for awhile......nothing more or less. To condemn the passenger in the car to a lifetime of no employment and unequal treatment is not justice. The kid in the back seat should not get a ticket, and should be free to find employment. I do not like Rahm, he sold America out to the drug companies.....but he is right here.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Arrest him.

It sounds like a good policy if the candidate is qualified and not just for show.  A qualified kid who came to this country at five years of age has done nothing wrong.  Illegal immigration is like a speeding ticket.  If you speed you should be punished.  A fine and loss of license for awhile......nothing more or less.  To condemn the passenger in the car to a lifetime of no employment and unequal treatment is not justice.   The kid in the back seat should not get a ticket, and should be free to find employment.  I do not like Rahm, he sold America out to the drug companies.....but he is right here.

As opposed to those who were born and raised in America by Americans. Yep, higher unemployment of American citizens in Chicago is a GRAND idea. Little wonder Mayor Emanuel, former Chief of Staff of President Barack Hussein Obama poll numbers are even lower than President Obama's.

Markle wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Arrest him.

It sounds like a good policy if the candidate is qualified and not just for show.  A qualified kid who came to this country at five years of age has done nothing wrong.  Illegal immigration is like a speeding ticket.  If you speed you should be punished.  A fine and loss of license for awhile......nothing more or less.  To condemn the passenger in the car to a lifetime of no employment and unequal treatment is not justice.   The kid in the back seat should not get a ticket, and should be free to find employment.  I do not like Rahm, he sold America out to the drug companies.....but he is right here.

As opposed to those who were born and raised in America by Americans.  Yep, higher unemployment of American citizens in Chicago is a GRAND idea.  Little wonder Mayor Emanuel, former Chief of Staff of President Barack Hussein Obama poll numbers are even lower than President Obama's.

Yeah, this should be interesting on how those people who want good jobs take this there. If they wont arrest him maybe they will fire him.

They should arrest him though, we have laws in this country and this brand of leftist seems to think they can re-write the constitution to fit their agenda.

by 2seaoat Yesterday at 10:35 pm
Arrest him.

It sounds like a good policy if the candidate is qualified and not just for show. A qualified kid who came to this country at five years of age has done nothing wrong. Illegal immigration is like a speeding ticket. If you speed you should be punished. A fine and loss of license for awhile......nothing more or less. To condemn the passenger in the car to a lifetime of no employment and unequal treatment is not justice. The kid in the back seat should not get a ticket, and should be free to find employment. I do not like Rahm, he sold America out to the drug companies.....but he is right here.
/-------

Hell to the no.

Jake92

All is well UNTIL one of them gets the job you or your child wants, then the opinion will change... Illegal is illegal is illegal no matter how or when they got here..

KarlRove

KarlRove

Jake92 wrote:All is well UNTIL one of them gets the job you or your child wants, then the opinion will change... Illegal is illegal is illegal no matter how or when they got here..

Seaoat doesn't care.

Illegal is legal... bad is good... less is more... down is up... left is right...

2seaoat

A child that has lived and gone to school in this country and knows no other country and certainly did not bring themselves to this country......this child is a child of America, and just like slavery was the law.....this injustice will change by good people correcting injustice. These children are Americans and are not a bit different than any other American Child. Good for the Mayor in giving them equal access, and for all the racist who think that illegal immigration is anything more than a speeding ticket which requires a fine.....you will lose on this issue. The United States has the lowest population growth in our history as a percentage of population, and we need immigrants and population growth to fire economic growth. To take children who are Americans but do not have papers is an injustice which will shortly be corrected. Hell we stole their country, so please do not tell me about the law and justice.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I assume the artical left out his comments about veterans and deserving american kids.

2seaoat

Veterans get preferential hiring in Chicago, and why is one American kid more deserving than another American kid because of their parents? Please explain.

Jake92

They have every right in the world to become LEGAL citizens.. If they do, great, they are more than welcome.. The ones who refuse to become legal, no matter how old when they got here, should be punished, NOT rewarded..

2seaoat

he is ordering city staffers to help these students file for "deferred action documentation."

The mayor is just a little smarter than the racist here who think a brown skinned American kid is less......they are not, and we will get an immigration bill which stops the injustice......assesses the fine for speeding......and gives a path to citizenship to those deserving Americans, and finds the door for those criminals who do not belong here.......sorry if this was a question about offering Swedes internships.....it would be a non story, but this is about brown skinned children.....furenurs.

Jake92

I don't care 1 bit about what color, nationality, religion, or any other thing you want to use. ILLEGAL is ILLEGAL, no matter what age.. The parents brought them here as young children and the parents had every opportunity to follow the LAW and become legal citizens.. I have known many many military members who's parents brought them here illegally as little children but became citizens and VOLUNTEERED to serve as a way of showing their gratitude for the right to be here.. They were from many places including Cuba, Mexico, different countries in Europe, South America, Africa, the countries and islands of the Pacific, Asia, and even Canada..

Not to mention... amnesty was given almost thirty years ago.

2seaoat

Jake......you want to stick to that story........so you think that a kid without papers just walks into the immigration office and presto.....he is given a path to citizenship. You have been fed caca. I agree with the military programs which accept recruitments and offer citizenship, but not every kid is cut out to be military as evidenced by only 1% of our citizens choose that option today. Sorry, this is something that Ronald Reagan thought was right, yet today the racist have taken over the Republican Party and this is all about racism, and nothing about the right policy which is best for America.

I find it akin to some thinking that going 3 mph over the speed limit should be five years in jail. There are absurd arguments against the dream kids.....and it is just as absurd when ten million people are wrongfully denied a path to citizenship which a good Republican understood was good for America, yet today we try to criminalize this non problem......justice will prevail.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

The title of this article is misleading...Emmanuel didn't state that the jobs/internships/volunteer work WOULD go to illegals...he merely opened a door that had been previously closed. I would bet that the majority of these positions are unpaid or pay very little. Should these kids be denied the opportunity to advance because their parents gave birth to them here or brought them here as young children?

2seaoat

Should these kids be denied the opportunity to advance because their parents gave birth to them here or brought them here as young children?

Of course they should be given EQUAL access if they are qualified. Of course a sampling of folks who believe that people of color should be denied equal access is just our historical reality..........the more things change the more they stay the same.

Let me put this plainly for the dunces

It's illegal

2seaoat

Let me put this plainly for the dunces

It's illegal

Pay attention dear......it is not.

2seaoat wrote:Let me put this plainly for the dunces

It's illegal

Pay attention dear......it is not.

yes it is.. he is changing laws on his own. And they are doing this backdoor amnesty all over the place and the shit is not going to fly. I hope Rham has enjoyed his stay in the mayor seat, he wont be elected again LOL Hes a dumbass and a crook and I bet you love him LOL

Immigration Law

By law, employment at most U.S. Government agencies, including the Library of Congress, is limited to U.S. citizens. However, non-citizens may be hired provided immigration law and other legal requirements are met, and the Library determines there are no qualified US Citizens available for the position.

Under immigration law, employers in the US may only hire aliens who:
•are assigned by the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) to a class of immigrants authorized to be employed (aliens who are lawfully admitted for permanent residence by INS are the largest class of aliens in this category), or
•an individual alien who is expressly authorized to be employed.

Other Legal Requirements

In addition to meeting the immigration law requirements, non-citizens must also fit into one of the groups listed below in order to be eligible for Federal employment:
•Persons who owe permanent allegiance to the United States (for example, natives of American Samoa, Swains Island, and the Nothern Marianna Islands).
•Aliens from Cuba, Poland, South Vietnam, countries of the former Soviet Union, or the Baltic countries (Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania) lawfully admitted to the United States for permanent residence.
•Nationals of the People's Republic of China who qualify for adjustment of status pursuant to the Chinese Student Protection Act of 1992.
•Citizens of Ireland, Israel, or the Republic of the Philippines.
•Refugees from South Vietnam, Cambodia, or Laos paroled in the United States after January 1, 1975.
•Nationals of countries allied with the United States in a defense effort. According to the State Department, countries with qualifying treaties as of April 2004 include:

Required Documentation

All non-citizen selectees must provide appropriate documentation showing evidence that they are eligible to be employed in the United States. This documentation must be submitted upon reporting for duty. Appropriate documentation can consist of any of the following:
•Unexpired Passport with I-551 Stamp
•Alien Registration Receipt Card or Permanent Resident Card (INS Form I-151)
•Unexpired Temporary Resident Card (INS Form I-688)
•Unexpired Employment Authorization Card (INS Form I-688A)
•Unexpired Employment Authorization Document issued by the INS which contains a photograph (INS Form I-688B)
•Unexpired re-entry permit (INS Form I-327)
•Unexpired Refugee Travel document (INS form I-571)
http://www.loc.gov/hr/employment/index.php?action=cInstructions.showInstructionsCitizenship

Jake92

Seaoat., just like getting a ticket for going 3 MPOHG over the limit, you pay the fine and go on.. ILLEGAL aliens who are caught have had the opportunity to apply for citizenship.. The ones who did and got it are more than welcome to apply for any job they are qualified for.. The ones that avoided applying for whatever reason should NOT be allowed to be employed because they are still ILLEGAL aliens..

Jake92 wrote:Seaoat., just like getting a ticket for going 3 MPOHG over the limit, you pay the fine and go on..  ILLEGAL aliens who are caught have had the opportunity to apply for citizenship..  The ones who did and got it are more than welcome to apply for any job they are qualified for..  The ones that avoided applying for whatever reason should NOT be allowed to be employed because they are still ILLEGAL aliens..

He doesn't care. All he cares about is supporting whatever the LEFT does. Right or wrong. Makes no difference to him.

The left have shredded the constitution and shit on it in front of our faces like never before seen.

His grandchildren are going to have to grow up in this country. He and his leftist buddies are/have done them such a great dis-service.

2seaoat

Neither one of you have ever dealt with an illegal alien trying to get legal status. Both of you are clueless. Jake you assume it is as easy as going into a government office and filling out paperwork. If you are in this country without paperwork, and without a statutory exception, they will be deported. Under President Obama more people have been deported than any other President.

Now for the legal beagle.......so Rahm is going to jail.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deferred_Action_for_Childhood_Arrivals

Sorry, they can work in an internship with filing a deferred action for a childhood arrival. That is the law until somebody challenges the same in the court......that will not happen because across our history and even on the state level prosecutorial discretion is a reality, and thankfully so, because otherwise our resources would not be allocated and real problems would not be solved.

The five year old kid who is now 16 and can serve an internship in the mayor's office is legal.......and sorry we are talking about traffic tickets and fines for those here illegally......pass the naturalization act, allow the path to citizenship, and stop the racism.....end of story.

2seaoat wrote:Neither one of you have ever dealt with an illegal alien trying to get legal status.  Both of you are clueless.  Jake you assume it is as easy as going into a government office and filling out paperwork.  If you are in this country without paperwork, and without a statutory exception, they will be deported.  Under President Obama more people have been deported than any other President.

Now for the legal beagle.......so Rahm is going to jail.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deferred_Action_for_Childhood_Arrivals

Sorry, they can work in an internship with filing a deferred action for a childhood arrival.  That is the law until somebody challenges the same in the court......that will not happen because across our history and even on the state level prosecutorial discretion is a reality, and thankfully so, because otherwise our resources would not be allocated and real problems would not be solved.

The five year old kid who is now 16 and can serve an internship in the mayor's office is legal.......and sorry we are talking about traffic tickets and fines for those here illegally......pass the naturalization act, allow the path to citizenship, and stop the racism.....end of story.

No, its NOT the end of the story. People are getting fed up with the commie shit you leftist are forcing on this country. You people are killing this country.

Oh and one more thing , youre the one who is racist. All those poor black kids just got the shaft. I'm sure they wont forget it come election time. I realize the left thinks it has a new dark skinned group to pander to for votes so youre slowly tossing the other useful idiots down the drain. It will come back to bite you. And this shitting on the constitution will too. If not you, it will your children and family who have to grow up in such a fucked up place you unicorns are making such as Chicago, san fran, okland or Detroit.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum