Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chicago in Chaos, former Chief of Staff to semi-retired President Obama, Rahm Emanuel vacations in...CUBA.

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Markle

Markle

Chicago in Chaos, former Chief of Staff to semi-retired President Obama, Rahm Emanuel vacations in...CUBA.

Black Lives Matter disrupting business on the Magnificent Mile in Chicago again.

Police officer shoots and kills two in domestic complaint call.

happy holidays...Three dead, seven wounded in the 48 hours before Christmas in Chicago.

Under pressure to resign, Rahm Emanuel takes the same action as does semi-retired President Obama. He goes on vacation. Instead of Hawaii, Emanuel vacations in CUBA.

2seaoat

Absolutely untrue as I was on the maginificant mile shopping at the leggo store at Water tower place. I have NEVER seen so many shoppers. We ran into friends who are oral surgeons and they had traveled fifty miles to shop the mile. The traffic filled the streets to the brim and we got the grandkids leggo toys which all four loved. The mayor like EVERY mayor of the greatest city in America has protesters for the last fifty years......geeez what pussies......the Chicago way has disappeared from America where fear, innuendo, and exhageration rule. Chicago's streets have NEVER been so full of tourist from around the world who marvel at its beauty. The Art Institute had thousands of families packing Michigan Ave for their Christmas celebration. I return Monday morning to Northwestern hospital which is two blocks east of the Maginficant mile and I laugh at how little people know about Chicago......boooo. There are always protests since I was a kid and would visit Chicago. I remember the American Nazi Party across from the tribune building in 1973, just like the Blues brothers......a great city of culture, educational institutions, museums, and incredible diversity......What an exciting time to visit Chicago and capture its heartbeat.

2seaoat

Chicago is a top ten wealthiest city in the world and its GDP is just a little behing the entire state of Florida......of course people will be jealous. It is an amazing place where people all over the world come to civilization. Now if your politics are barbarian......of course the golden city is a threat.......but for those who know the score......Chicago is a slice of heaven.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Saw my first suicide in Chicago as a guy jumped off a bridge and landed on a railroad track breaking his head open.
I had my first gay propositions to me from a Mercedes and another night from a ford mustang...
Was walking from the train station one night and saw a guy laying on the sidewalk bleeding from his head in the rain....I covered him with my raincoat and ask someone to call an ambulance ...about 20 minutes later a paddy wagon showed up and a couple cops picked him up and threw him in and drove off..I got my coat back...
In fairness I spent most of my time in Old Town enjoying the hippies....

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Absolutely untrue as I was on the maginificant mile shopping at the leggo store at Water tower place.  I have NEVER seen so many shoppers.  We ran into friends who are oral surgeons and they had traveled fifty miles to shop the mile.  The traffic filled the streets to the brim and we got the grandkids leggo toys which all four loved.   The mayor like EVERY mayor of the greatest city in America has protesters for the last fifty years......geeez what pussies......the Chicago way has disappeared from America where fear, innuendo, and exhageration rule.   Chicago's streets have NEVER been so full of tourist from around the world who marvel at its beauty.   The Art Institute had thousands of families packing Michigan Ave for their Christmas celebration.  I return Monday morning to Northwestern hospital which is two blocks east of the Maginficant mile and I laugh at how little people know about Chicago......boooo.  There are always protests since I was a kid and would visit Chicago.   I remember the American Nazi Party across from the tribune building in 1973, just like the Blues brothers......a great city of culture, educational institutions, museums, and incredible diversity......What an exciting time to visit Chicago and capture its heartbeat.

Chicago in Chaos, former Chief of Staff to semi-retired President Obama, Rahm Emanuel vacations in...CUBA. LOL_zpsrc5py0ql

2seaoat

Old Town enjoying the hippies....

It was a trip in the late sixties and early seventies.....now it is one of the wealthy yuppie areas of the North side. An incredible city which I have fallen in love with. Poor Mr. Markle......born in Chicago........languishing in Talli, thinking the most beautiful city in the world is full of wussies......

Chicago
By Carl Sandburg
Hog Butcher for the World,
Tool Maker, Stacker of Wheat,
Player with Railroads and the Nation's Freight Handler;
Stormy, husky, brawling,
City of the Big Shoulders:

They tell me you are wicked and I believe them, for I have seen your painted women under the gas lamps luring the farm boys.
And they tell me you are crooked and I answer: Yes, it is true I have seen the gunman kill and go free to kill again.
And they tell me you are brutal and my reply is: On the faces of women and children I have seen the marks of wanton hunger.
And having answered so I turn once more to those who sneer at this my city, and I give them back the sneer and say to them:
Come and show me another city with lifted head singing so proud to be alive and coarse and strong and cunning.
Flinging magnetic curses amid the toil of piling job on job, here is a tall bold slugger set vivid against the little soft cities;
Fierce as a dog with tongue lapping for action, cunning as a savage pitted against the wilderness,
Bareheaded,
Shoveling,
Wrecking,
Planning,
Building, breaking, rebuilding,
Under the smoke, dust all over his mouth, laughing with white teeth,
Under the terrible burden of destiny laughing as a young man laughs,
Laughing even as an ignorant fighter laughs who has never lost a battle,
Bragging and laughing that under his wrist is the pulse, and under his ribs the heart of the people,
Laughing!
Laughing the stormy, husky, brawling laughter of Youth, half-naked, sweating, proud to be Hog Butcher, Tool Maker, Stacker of Wheat, Player with Railroads and Freight Handler to the Nation.

Source: Poetry (March 1914).

A hundred years later, Sandburg's poem is dead cinch correct.

Markle

Markle

Chicago homicides
The map below is based on around-the-clock reporting by the Chicago Tribune staff.

2015 homicides are marked on the map as blue circles.

YEARLY TOTALS

JAN. 1, 2015 - PRESENT
homicides
JAN. 1, 2014 - DEC. 31, 2014

2seaoat

When the righteous declare immorality, and pass federal laws to control man's nature, Chicago is always the first to say.........our gangs are the most violent and our profits from crime the biggest.....and so it will be until the weak minded moralist are once again called out for boneheaded stupidity, and the war on drugs ends......then the city of big shoulders will await for the next attempt to put chains on the people and the people's imperfections......for Chicago just does it better and more violent, than most, and this history will repeat itself, because Chicago is tough, vibrant, and alive as the melting pot of the nation.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Oh so when the Federal government went to all the trouble of passing prohibition through amendment to make the war on booze all legal you sided with Chicago and Al Capone ? Perhaps we should start calling the war on drugs what it is, Drug prohibition and demand the Feds pass an amendment to give them authority to pursue their war....what they are doing is by all standards down right illegal if you look at history....

2seaoat

you sided with Chicago and Al Capone

I was not born, but I understand that prohibition failed in part because of the asz backward morality which made our country turn honest men into criminals and allowed criminal enterprises to grow and thrive, and then the drug war.....the same. All Chicago does is keep the stupidity real.........dangerously real. It is time to stop the second prohibition and end the war on drugs.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Just some common crime.  Move along,  nothing to see here.  Don't be scaredy cats.  Bee stings kill more people than guns and terrorists put together.

As if seagoat would walk or take his family to any but the elite areas of chicago... lol. What a poser.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Only one thing about all the bee stings killing people.
Didn't they tell us all the bees were dying off from pollution or disease or something?
I've never heard of dead bees stinging anybody.

2seaoat

As if seagoat would walk or take his family to any but the elite areas of chicago... lol. What a poser.

Duh......I have walked the projects, but you see a white person is not in rival gang, and is usually a cop, so rarely is there danger to a white person walking in those streets which become the killing field of drug induced territorial violence. Incredibly naive. A young person can make 2k a week selling eight balls, and when there are not even minimum wage retail options, keeping that corner becomes life or death......clueless about the real world.....again.

2seaoat

I've never heard of dead bees stinging anybody.

Boo.....they can.

2seaoat wrote:As if seagoat would walk or take his family to any but the elite areas of chicago... lol. What a poser.

Duh......I have walked the projects, but you see a white person is not in rival gang, and is usually a cop, so rarely is there danger to a white person walking in those streets which become the killing field of drug induced territorial violence. Incredibly naive. A young person can make 2k a week selling eight balls, and when there are not even minimum wage retail options, keeping that corner becomes life or death......clueless about the real world.....again.

Blah blah blah... anecdotal... blah blah blah. It still doesn't change the fact that you wouldn't take your family for that stroll... and you'd be an idiot to do it by yourself. You can say you would tough guy (idiot)... but that's more blah blah blah.

You know I agree with drug legalization... but it's delusion that it'll solve those problems. Gangs adapt.

https://www.uic.edu/orgs/kbc/maps/Gangstoday.html

2seaoat

Again, there is nothing tough about the truth. A white guy walking through the projects is ALWAYS thought to be a cop. Safest person there. I used to have my daughter flip out, but now she gets it working in the SA office, and you would get it if you did the same. The black on black violence is an economic war for a piece of the drug profits. Yea, there is collateral damage.....yea....there are folks who are high who can harm anybody.....been there seen that, but this idea that violence in America is generic and not connected to an economic war is naive. When you are stripped of economic opportunity, you make it work the best way you can. Whether it is a Pace meth head or a Brentwood crack whore......people make it the best they can......education, jobs, and alternatives offered is stupid when the drug trade can make a kid 2k a week, and the drug war perpetuates the violence and this upside down model.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:As if seagoat would walk or take his family to any but the elite areas of chicago... lol. What a poser.

Duh......I have walked the projects, but you see a white person is not in rival gang, and is usually a cop, so rarely is there danger to a white person walking in those streets which become the killing field of drug induced territorial violence.   Incredibly naive.  A young person can make 2k a week selling eight balls, and when there are not even minimum wage retail options, keeping that corner becomes life or death......clueless about the real world.....again.

Then, for dealing drugs, the young person earns himself a small area to call his own in prison. Hopefully for a nice long time.

NO ONE in Chicago earns minimum wage.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum