Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chicago Tribune Sues Rahm over Private Email Use

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/09/25/chicago-tribune-sues-rahm-emanuel-over-private-email-use/

CHICAGO – The Chicago Tribune filed a lawsuit against Mayor Rahm Emanuel on Thursday over claims he violated open records laws by failing to disclose personal emails and text messages used to conduct official city business.

The complaint,filed in Cook County Circuit Court,asks a judge for an injunction to force the former White House chief of staff to produce documents,as well as having him declared in violation of the Illinois Local Records Act.

The newspaper,which filed a lawsuit over email chains in June,argued that its Freedom of Information Act requests to Emanuel's administration have been "met with a pattern of non-compliance,partial compliance, delay and obfuscation," according to the lawsuit.

"We are seeking the release of public records on matters of great interest to citizens,but the city refuses to divulge them," Tribune Editor Gerould Kern said in a statement. "Regrettably,the city's denial is part of a pattern of resistance to releasing public documents covered by the Illinois Freedom of Information Act."

Sal

Sal

All emails, all of the time ...

... GOP 2016!!

Salinsky wrote:I don't care what my dear leaders do. They are my dear leaders and I will not want... I will not question... for they are the way and the salvation... so help me democrats. Aobama

There... I fixed it for you.

2seaoat

Do me a favor. Stay on this story until the end. Do not run away when the courts rule that his personal emails are not part of the government record.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum