Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Update on husbands condition

+5
knothead
2seaoat
Joanimaroni
dumpcare
cool1
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Update on husbands condition Empty Update on husbands condition 3/20/2014, 8:05 am

cool1

cool1

He is doing well--had a problem with the cut they made in his stomach -- kept breaking out around it -But I have it cleared up now , some reason he broke out all over his body with red dots-and itching , Dr gave him Benadryl meds and that went away.

He is moving around better -im having problems with his belly button mainly draining a lot, Hes eating pretty good , we wait now , we see doc on Friday I will know more then, they took staples out of stomach cut the other day.

Im doing fine, still putting stuff up in the new house, we are draining 401--but its paying the bills , I take him for short rides to get him out of the house, I don't know when they will attach everything back together yet ,could be a while.

On a better note , My daughter had a planed band trip to Disney World , She is having the time of her life , They marched in Disney Parade , her first time going to Disney she texts me --Its awesome mom wish you and dad were here with me  Laughing -so she is having a great time -she will be back Sunday evening she said just in time for me and you to watch The Walking Dead-- Laughing  I didn't think I would get into a show like that but she has me watching every episode and im liking it  Laughing  , I saw Joni asking on another thread how my husband was so I thought id let yall know how hes doing -I think things are going well .

dumpcare

It's nice he's doing good. I must have missed it, what happened?

When my grandkids were in band that was an honor to get picked to go to disney and march, although their school never got picked.

cool1

cool1

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10202351889532173

Band at Disney World!!!---Video--playing Mickey Mouse --LOL

cool1

cool1

ppaca wrote:It's nice he's doing good. I must have missed it, what happened?

When my grandkids were in band that was an honor to get picked to go to disney and march, although their school never got picked.

Colanoscapy gone bad , I didn't spell it right but anyway -the doc put a hole in his intestine , now hes wearing a bag and they had to cut a long cut in his stomach, his belly got septic--and they are trying to get all the infection out , he went home for three days not knowing the doc put a hole in it,

Her school had planed this Band trip for a year and her teacher managed somehow to have them in Disney Parade and they got a mickey mouse trophy from Disney -very cool I think.

Glad he's doing better... take care coolio.

dumpcare

I have had 5 colonoscopy's in the past 17 years and the one a little over 3 years ago I was not right for six months and on antibiotics for diverticulitis.

Had one a month ago today and next day thought this was the best one I ever had, WRONG, the second day wound up in er with internal bleeding, they let it ride and it did stop and was good about a week and a half until last Wednesday when all hell hit until Sunday. I feel now like it's getting better.

I did not have a perforated colon like your husband, but probably since I lost all the flora (good bacteria) during prep I should have started pro biotics right away. I researched and researched why all the problems and came upon several forums and I cannot believe the people who have major problems after one. I know it is highly recommended for preventative but I am all done with these in my life time.

I was reading a blog by the chief of gastroenterolgy of cleaveland clinic and he said these if performed right should take 30-60 minutes. Mine was 25 minutes and a nurse was pumping on my stomach when I awoke working up the gas and I yelled at her because it hurt like hell. This was about the same with all mine except I never had anyone pumping on my stomach. I think since they put you to sleep it's a matter of rushing and no this was before obamacare also.

Anyway glad he's doing good and can only imagine what he went through with the perforation.

cool1

cool1

ppaca wrote:I have had 5 colonoscopy's in the past 17 years and the one a little over 3 years ago I was not right for six months and on antibiotics for diverticulitis.

Had one a month ago today and next day thought this was the best one I ever had, WRONG, the second day wound up in er with internal bleeding, they let it ride and it did stop and was good about a week and a half until last Wednesday when all hell hit until Sunday. I feel now like it's getting better.

I did not have a perforated colon like your husband, but probably since I lost all the flora (good bacteria) during prep I should have started pro biotics right away. I researched and researched why all the problems and came upon several forums and I cannot believe the people who have major problems after one. I know it is highly recommended for preventative but I am all done with these in my life time.

I was reading a blog by the chief of gastroenterolgy of cleaveland clinic and he said these if performed right should take 30-60 minutes. Mine was 25 minutes and a nurse was pumping on my stomach when I awoke working up the gas and I yelled at her because it hurt like hell. This was about the same with all mine except I never had anyone pumping on my stomach. I think since they put you to sleep it's a matter of rushing and no this was before obamacare also.

Anyway glad he's doing good and can only imagine what he went through with the perforation.

I have done the same as you looking at all the blogs -looking up everything on it -im sorry you went through all that !! My husband says never again- They put him to sleep also and he woke up during it , while they were working on him and he said never again , This was his first one , And he said if he ever gets through this he will never let them touch him again ever.  They want to do another one in a few months -the same doc that did this one -VA called him on the phone to tell him this the other day -He told them Hell no your not touching me after what you did heck no im not having another one done period.

cool1

cool1

PkrBum wrote:Glad he's doing better... take care coolio.

Thank You PKR

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Cool, thanks for the update, I have been worried about all of you. I hope everything continues to get better. Happy for your daughter. I know she is having a great time.

Ppaca, sorry you had problems. My gastroenterologist has an anesthesiologist putting you to sleep, did yours? My next colonoscopy will be scheduled after my appointment in April.

The first scope one was after a hospitalization for diverticulitis. The doctor scheduled the procedure to be done a month after discharge. I did not like the assigned consulting gastroenterologist so after my discharge I cancelled the procedure and changed doctors. Second doctor said I could not have the colonoscopy that soon after the severe diverticulitis and it would need to be done with a pediatric scope. .....I'm m glad he is cautious.

10Update on husbands condition Empty Re: Update on husbands condition 3/20/2014, 11:38 am

2seaoat

My gastro doc had done 10k colonoscopy without one complication. Just my two cents......but it sounds like there are some substandard providers with these kind of complications, and sloppy work is the standard......travel to get care.

11Update on husbands condition Empty Re: Update on husbands condition 3/20/2014, 12:03 pm

knothead

knothead

cool1 wrote:

Colanoscapy gone bad , I didn't spell it right but anyway -the doc put a hole in his intestine , now hes wearing a bag and they had to cut a long cut in his stomach, his belly got septic--and they are trying to get all the infection out , he went home for three days not knowing the doc put a hole in it,

Her school had planed this Band trip for a year and her teacher managed somehow to have them in Disney Parade and they got a mickey mouse trophy from Disney -very cool I think.

Thanks for the update and he is on the mend. Otherwise, call Fred . . .

12Update on husbands condition Empty Re: Update on husbands condition 3/20/2014, 12:05 pm

cool1

cool1

most do go through this just fine --you should be able to go back to work the next day!! But a lot also get the bad luck of what my husband goes through and some die , The doc he had was one of the best so I heard , So I guess if you have to go through the bad that some go through well , usually they don't want to experience it again or take the chance it could happen again.

Its one of the complications they warn you about before the procedure -- Its like if you have the procedure your just taking that chance something could go wrong , And my husband said he would rather his behind be left alone  Shocked 

13Update on husbands condition Empty Re: Update on husbands condition 3/20/2014, 12:11 pm

cool1

cool1

knothead wrote:
cool1 wrote:

Thanks for the update and he is on the mend.  Otherwise, call Fred . . .

If he doesn't get better and this drags on to where he needs other operations to fix him -yes I will call someone for sure , ive looked up other cases and I sure will , But what im hoping for is for him to get better and praying they can get all the infection out of him so I wont have to do anything like that.

14Update on husbands condition Empty Re: Update on husbands condition 3/20/2014, 12:30 pm

knothead

knothead

cool1 wrote:
knothead wrote:
cool1 wrote:

Thanks for the update and he is on the mend.  Otherwise, call Fred . . .

If he doesn't get better and this drags on to where he needs other operations to fix him -yes I will call someone for sure , ive looked up other cases and I sure will , But what im hoping for is for him to get better and praying they can get all the infection out of him so I wont have to do anything like that.

You got your priorities right dear so keep taking good care of him and get him back to normal FIRST . . . . . I'm with you all the way!

15Update on husbands condition Empty Re: Update on husbands condition 3/20/2014, 12:32 pm

dumpcare

cool1 wrote:
ppaca wrote:I have had 5 colonoscopy's in the past 17 years and the one a little over 3 years ago I was not right for six months and on antibiotics for diverticulitis.

I have done the same as you looking at all the blogs -looking up everything on it -im sorry you went through all that !! My husband says never again- They put him to sleep also and he woke up during it , while they were working on him and he said never again , This was his first one , And he said  if he ever gets through this he will never let them touch him again ever.  They want to do another one in a few months -the same doc that did this one -VA called him on the phone to tell him this the other day -He told them Hell no your not touching me after what you did heck no im not having another one done period.

I saw on the blogs that some woke up screaming during the procedure, I never have thank god.

16Update on husbands condition Empty Re: Update on husbands condition 3/20/2014, 12:33 pm

dumpcare

2seaoat wrote:My gastro doc had done 10k colonoscopy without one complication.  Just my two cents......but it sounds like there are some substandard providers with these kind of complications, and sloppy work is the standard......travel to get care.

I hope you do mean not one complication reported, because he ain't God.

17Update on husbands condition Empty Re: Update on husbands condition 3/20/2014, 12:41 pm

dumpcare

Joanimaroni wrote:Cool, thanks for the update, I have been worried about all of you. I hope everything continues to get better. Happy for your daughter. I know she is having a great time.

Ppaca, sorry you had problems. My gastroenterologist has an anesthesiologist putting you to sleep, did yours? My next colonoscopy will be scheduled after my appointment in April.

The first scope one was after a hospitalization for diverticulitis.  The doctor scheduled the procedure to be done a month after discharge. I did not like the assigned consulting gastroenterologist so after my discharge I cancelled the procedure and changed doctors.  Second doctor said I could not have the colonoscopy that soon after the severe diverticulitis and it would need to be done with a pediatric scope. .....I'm m glad he is cautious.

Yes, an anesthesiologist put me to sleep. This time really is getting better faster than last, when I ended up with diverticulitis after and he also scraped something else going in, causing 6 months of going back and forth to him and a urologist and pelvic ct and several tests. I was leery of having him do this one and had requested another through my family doctor and without using names to make a long story short when they called me from the one my family doctor called they said you are so and so's patient and we'll schedule you with him and I said I'd call them back and a few weeks later said ok. I really like the guy, but it's my colon and will never have another one. I do need an endoscopy though, those have gone a little smoother with this guy except the first one in gb hospital before the center in back they could not wake me up afterwards.

Good luck Joanie.

18Update on husbands condition Empty Re: Update on husbands condition 3/20/2014, 12:45 pm

My gastro doc had done 10k colonoscopy without one complication. Just my two cents......but it sounds like there are some substandard providers with these kind of complications, and sloppy work is the standard......travel to get care.

Must be nice to live in a perfect world and be able to afford the best of everything. Where do you suggest I should travel to?

19Update on husbands condition Empty Re: Update on husbands condition 3/20/2014, 1:21 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

10K colonocopies? Does he have a conveyor belt. How many missed diagnosed patients?

20Update on husbands condition Empty Re: Update on husbands condition 3/20/2014, 4:27 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

If he accidentally caused your husband's current medical contition through making a mistake, is there grounds for malpractice? Should you be paying a visit to Uncle Fred?

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

21Update on husbands condition Empty Re: Update on husbands condition 3/20/2014, 9:55 pm

cool1

cool1

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:If he accidentally caused your husband's current medical contition through making a mistake, is there grounds for malpractice? Should you be paying a visit to Uncle Fred?

Z-- Ive read a lot about it , usually Att--don't mess with cases like this unless well they send you home like they did my husband and him not knowing the hole was there --since we caught it in 3 days on our own at Navy Hospital.
But if he continues complications and doesn't get better right away and suffers long term then you have a case . Just because the risks are told to you before --But like I said if he doesn't get better then im calling Uncle Fred .

22Update on husbands condition Empty Re: Update on husbands condition 3/20/2014, 9:57 pm

dumpcare

Did he have it done at the Navy hospital or VA over in Biloxi or by a local doctor?

23Update on husbands condition Empty Re: Update on husbands condition 3/20/2014, 10:10 pm

cool1

cool1

ppaca wrote:Did he have it done at the Navy hospital or VA over in Biloxi or by a local doctor?

V.A outpatient in Pensacola did it----Navy Hospital is working on my husband now , The doc he has now said she will do the rest and told V.A clinic that she has taking over and that my husband is her patient now , she admits they screwed him up.

24Update on husbands condition Empty Re: Update on husbands condition 3/20/2014, 10:14 pm

cool1

cool1

But at the same time told me he was a good doctor just that this crap happens and it just my husbands luck that this happened to him  scratch 

25Update on husbands condition Empty Re: Update on husbands condition 3/20/2014, 10:27 pm

That's BS they're telling you. Your husband had to have a colostomy because of negligence and it cost him financially. They have malpractice insurance to cover stuff like this. My mother got over a hundred grand for a punctured esophagus. Get a lawyer.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum