Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Got a preexisting condition? TOUGH!

+2
RealLindaL
Deus X
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Deus X

Deus X

Got a preexisting condition? The Trump administration wants insurers to deny you coverage

In its latest effort to undermine the Affordable Care Act — and in the process, raise premiums for many Americans — the Trump administration is urging a federal judge in Texas to throw out the law’s protections for people with preexisting conditions.

In other words, the administration wants insurers to be able to deny coverage to the people most in need of it, or to charge them considerably higher premiums than they’re allowed to charge today.

This is jaw-dropping. Even Republicans who’ve complained about Obamacare have been loath to undo the protections for people with preexisting conditions who are not covered by large employers’ health plans. That’s because the public supports them, and unequivocally so.

A Kaiser Family Foundation poll in June 2017 showed that 70% of those polled, including 59% of Republicans, wanted Washington to continue barring insurers from charging people with preexisting conditions more for their coverage. Federal law has long provided such protection for people with health benefits at work; the ACA extended it to people shopping independently for insurance.

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/la-ol-enter-the-fray-got-a-pre-existing-condition-the-trump-1528420144-htmlstory.html

Elizabeth Warren says there’s a dirty little secret behind the Republicans' push for broad deregulation

Senator Elizabeth Warren sharply criticizes the Trump administration's wide-ranging deregulatory efforts, pushing hard against the notion that rules of the road restrict economic freedom.

"Deregulation is code for 'let the rich guys do whatever they want,'" Warren said during a keynote speech at Georgetown University Law School.

She says Republicans' war on regulation is really "a war on public health, a war on public safety, a war on truly free and competitive markets, a war on American workers, a war on American consumers."

http://www.businessinsider.com/elizabeth-warren-says-deregulation-boosts-profits-at-consumers-expense-2018-6

Is this a great country or what?

RealLindaL

Deus X wrote:Is this a great country or what?

Used to be.

Telstar

Telstar

Trump to the 99% : "DROP DEAD!"

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

polecat

polecat

Got a preexisting condition? TOUGH! Images10

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Well, I'm pretty darn healthy myself .... except needing to go to the doc about once a year or so 'cause I've run a nail through my hand, need stitches, or something like that.

But what with my wife's cancer, thank heavens I have FEHBP (Federal Employees Health Benefit Pan) FEHBP has had no exclusions for pre-existing condition since, well ... forever in my memory.

In fact many of the ACA requirements for coverage were drawn directly from FEHBP requirements of insurers who want to sell plans to Federal employees

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum