Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

MISCONDUCT FORCES MORE SOLDIERS OUT FROM AP

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

knothead

knothead

http://news.yahoo.com/ap-exclusive-misconduct-forces-more-soldiers-145434065.html

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Misconduct has always been a part of the military; especially when draftees were a part of the services. Now that the wars are winding down, things will tighten up again.

I remember when, as squadron duty officer, you would tour around the outside of the enlisted barracks and smell so much marijuana smoke that you didn't know who to bust for it. This was in th late 70s.

After about 1981, they started mandating more pee-tests, and throwing people out who popped positive.

Then you had those who were continually ending up in front of the skipper for NJP. Except, sometimes these folks were very good at their jobs, but they had habits of getting into trouble when they were off-duty--especially after drinking, etc. You had to try to keep them focused in the right direction.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Misconduct has always been a part of the military; especially when draftees were a part of the services. Now that the wars are winding down, things will tighten up again.

I remember when, as squadron duty officer, you would tour around the outside of the enlisted barracks and smell so much marijuana smoke that you didn't know who to bust for it. This was in th late 70s.

After about 1981, they started mandating more pee-tests, and throwing people out who popped positive.

Then you had those who were continually ending up in front of the skipper for NJP. Except, sometimes these folks were very good at their jobs, but they had habits of getting into trouble when they were off-duty--especially after drinking, etc. You had to try to keep them focused in the right direction.

Sounds as if you needed some progressive engineering. I heard that richard simmons was doing some free lance stuff.

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Misconduct has always been a part of the military; especially when draftees were a part of the services. Now that the wars are winding down, things will tighten up again.

MISCONDUCT FORCES MORE SOLDIERS OUT FROM AP Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTVrhnhvzGUa6ZT2KVY5fHwVNHiRgOqljBnEBigzXMzKJ1yim6CIw

Perhaps having people on welfare sign their rights away then have to submit to pee-tests on a regular basis or they get thrown out or sent to Leavenworth would keep them focused in the right direction also...

Or...

Perhaps the military needs to be paid a wage comparable to what they make in the private sector so it can be competitive and draw the right sort of people who won't be so easily corrupted.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhat-xUQ6dw

Smile

The military pays a very competitive wage, especially with what an entry level worker can make on the civilian economy considering you get a few place to live, free food, and free medical .

PACEDOG#1 wrote:The military pays a very competitive wage, especially with what an entry level worker can make on the civilian economy considering you get a few place to live, free food, and free medical .

MISCONDUCT FORCES MORE SOLDIERS OUT FROM AP Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS_I2xUK9WmLLOUOdbi7Wy3m8Y7dQdsdsCGYjZbZS9Vj00634na

I've known guys that got out to work for private companies at three to five times what they made in the service, so long as they went overseas to work.

So no I don't consider the pay competitive.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5X_Dd_6Czk

Smile 

Depends on the skill dude. There are always specific MoS that have that ability, but for any kid right out of HS there's no way they get that money and benefits package elsewhere .

Pilots
SOF
Intel
Avionics
Nukes
Air Traffic Control
Docs/nurses

These all have higher than average re up bonuses to retain folks because in civilian world draw much more salary. I knew kids in National Guard part timers getting. 20k just to make it through 1N0 school at Sheppard and some of our instructors were getting 90k to reup.

It's a cyclical thing. We're going to end up drawing down so far that the bonuses that are drying up now will be back in less than 2 years.

MISCONDUCT FORCES MORE SOLDIERS OUT FROM AP Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcREZ3OHEq-nd2YkBNAfCEif5urKg9es_vNNoTqrMAjH8JX8UA-s

Electronics: radar systems, IFF, satellite communications, global positioning systems, UHF VHF & HF communications, crypto systems, etc...

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hw9CzSSk218

Very Happy 

Jake92

There were quite a few nukes from subs, surface ships, or prototype and went directly to OCS, then flight school.. There were also nukes that transferred from Navy to Army to become helocopter pilots.. Many doctors got out to go to other places to work and NOT get deployed to the middle east.. Some of the jobs can pay a fortune and others barely get by.. A few years ago, nukes could get $60,000 bonuses 3 different times in 16 years.. I would love getting $180,000 in bonuses plus sea pay plus nuke pay... They normally made E-7 in 10-12 yrs and E-8 or 9 in 20.. The flight students got good bonuses after getting winged and made a fortune in flight pay and bonuses.. The AVERAGE military person does NOT make more than the average civilian when in similar jobs for similar amounts of time....

MISCONDUCT FORCES MORE SOLDIERS OUT FROM AP Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT5lhY3NiR99Hr95VtPtM3dQRoUOfp8FyhVGYcCEbisHxhThenf

Nope! I'm thinkin' it's time for the military to be unionized. If a college football coach can make $3.5 million then a general, marshal, or admiral, should be worth $5-$10 million a year for the decisions they have to make.

Single person staterooms for everyone!

Starting pay for E-1's at approximately $50,000, with significant jumps in pay for advancement and time in service.

VA benefits guaranteed for life.

Retirement available after serving only 10 years, based on what the military member is actually making at that time. Fifty percent retirement at 10 years and graduate it up to one hundred fifty at thirty years.

Tenure non-negotiable.

Pay and benefit negotiations every year.

A guaranteed 10% pay increase if negotiations do not happen.

Etc, etc, etc,...

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axb2sHpGwHQ

Very Happy

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Damn I'll sign back up..last time all I got was some electronics training and spent the next 4 years fighting the Krauts...no wait it was Hajees..no chinks..maybe it was gooks...anyway they were the lowest scum on the earth and I was told they needed killin....japs?....naw...I can't remember.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum