Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

soldiers in fantasyland

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1soldiers in fantasyland Empty soldiers in fantasyland 1/14/2013, 9:27 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://lewrockwell.com/vance/vance317.html

The question, then, is why do so many U.S. soldiers (and their supporters) continue to live in Fantasyland? It is time that they begin to face reality. The wars in Iraq and Afghanistan are not just wars; they are monstrous evils. U.S. soldiers were not and are not defending anyone’s freedoms, keeping Americans safe from terrorists, fighting "over there" so we don’t have to fight "over here," or defending the country in any way. U.S. soldiers are attackers, invaders, trespassers, occupiers, aggressors, and, yes, killers.

It is time to leave Fantasyland. As Jacob Hornberger, president of the Future of Freedom Foundation puts it: "After 10 years of invasion, occupation, torture, killings, incarcerations, renditions, assassinations, death, destruction, anger, hatred, and the constant threat of terrorist retaliation, it’s time to admit that the military invasion of Afghanistan, like that of Iraq, was horribly wrong."

2soldiers in fantasyland Empty Re: soldiers in fantasyland 1/14/2013, 11:10 am

Yella

Yella

TEOTWAWKI wrote:http://lewrockwell.com/vance/vance317.html

The question, then, is why do so many U.S. soldiers (and their supporters) continue to live in Fantasyland? It is time that they begin to face reality. The wars in Iraq and Afghanistan are not just wars; they are monstrous evils. U.S. soldiers were not and are not defending anyone’s freedoms, keeping Americans safe from terrorists, fighting "over there" so we don’t have to fight "over here," or defending the country in any way. U.S. soldiers are attackers, invaders, trespassers, occupiers, aggressors, and, yes, killers.

It is time to leave Fantasyland. As Jacob Hornberger, president of the Future of Freedom Foundation puts it: "After 10 years of invasion, occupation, torture, killings, incarcerations, renditions, assassinations, death, destruction, anger, hatred, and the constant threat of terrorist retaliation, it’s time to admit that the military invasion of Afghanistan, like that of Iraq, was horribly wrong."

Its all about the Military-Industrial-Complex. The industrialists make untold wealth as Americans die horribly as nothing more than expensive cannon fodder.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

3soldiers in fantasyland Empty Re: soldiers in fantasyland 1/14/2013, 10:59 pm

TEOTWAWKI wrote:http://lewrockwell.com/vance/vance317.html

Same thing my dad heard when he came home from his many tours in Nam. If you called me a babykiller while I walked through the airport, I'd clean your clock right there and take my chances with a jury trial.

4soldiers in fantasyland Empty Re: soldiers in fantasyland 1/15/2013, 12:07 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

His main theme is that the military is being misused. I was called a baby killer and probably rightly so. I am not going to beat the snot out of someone for telling me the truth. It is the nature of war that civilians die. The good old days of chivalry and facing off against your enemy are gone. You bomb from 30000 ft or you shell them from many miles away. Bombs and shells don't care what they land on. They would blow an orphanage to bits just as well as a company of soldiers. We once killed an elephant using it to sight our weapon system...thought it was a rock....now if you killed babies because you liked to then that's another story. No, when your president can wage war on whoever without congresses permission it's wrong...simply wrong.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum