Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Former NBA star Magic Johnson to speak on economic, community development .

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Magic Johnson estimates he has slept with more than 1,000 women, but has said that it was so many he lost count and had no idea which one .

Is this the same guy? LOL What a role model. All you women should try to attend. You might be 1001.

I swear I did not see this until after I posted .

NBA legend Earvin “Magic” Johnson is scheduled to speak in Pensacola on Monday about community change and economic development.

Pensacola-based advocacy group Operation People for Peace is bringing Johnson to spread his positive message about transforming lives and communities.

The event will last from 3 to 6 p.m. and is free to the public.

Art Rocker, leader of Operation People for Peace, said he expects about 3,000 community leaders, students and residents to be present for Johnson’s speech.

Today, the 54-year-old former Los Angeles Lakers point guard serves as chairman and chief executive officer of Magic Johnson Enterprises.

The company provides products and services that focus on empowering ethnically diverse urban communities and their economies.

Sponsors for the event include the University of West Florida, Cumulus Broadcasting, Studer Group, City of Mobile, Mobile County, Visit Pensacola, Sodexo, Pen-sacola State College, Escambia County School District, Fred Levin and many others.

For information regarding VIP access — which includes meeting Johnson at a private party before his speech — please call 610-0164.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I think the late Wilt Chamberlain used to brag of banging over 3000 women so hey must be a basketball thang.

No wonder Oats likes to play Basketball so much.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Gives a whole new meaning to slam dunk, or lay up.

From Magics website

Infusing the Magic Johnson Enterprises philosophy and web of influence into the strategy of other established brands in order to serve and capitalize off of the growing buying power of minorities and value of the multicultural economy. Our expertise in Strategy, Business and Creativity coupled with our unique understanding of the urban marketplace has driven unparalleled results for our clients and partners. For Best Buy, Starbucks, 24 Hour Fitness, Canyon Capital Realty Advisors and others, MAGICIZING has proven to be a critical and measureable success factor in achieving a significant Return On Investment.

For information regarding VIP access — which includes meeting Johnson at a private party before his speech

LOL

Sal

Sal

Ummm ...

... what exactly is the issue here?

That Magic claims to have slept with a lot of women as an NBA superstar in the early 80s?

Really?

Envious much?

Or, is there something else about this that's bothering you?

No issue. Just stating the facts. Draw your own conclusions, as you just have.

Sal

Sal

I haven't drawn any conclusions.

Just curious, that's all.

Slow news day, I guess.

Why would I be Envious of a person that had sex with 100s of autonomous women that he used as play things, when I have a relation with a women who loves me and is a partner in life?

Sal

Sal

Mr Ichi wrote:Why would I be Envious of a person that had sex with 100s of autonomous women that he used as play things, when I have a relation with a women who loves me and is a partner in life?  

I don't know.

Why you would care what Magic did in the 80s?

boards of FL

boards of FL

Mr Ichi wrote:Why would I be Envious of a person that had sex with 100s of autonomous women that he used as play things, when I have a relation with a women who loves me and is a partner in life?  

Biology.

I did not ask. He wrote a book.(My Life: Earvin Magic Johnson: 9780449222546: Amazon)  I guess he thought I might give a shit.  Of course he has HIV and I have 2 wonderful children.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sal wrote:.

Why you would care what Magic did in the 80s?

I don't. Neither did I give a rat's ass what he did in the 90's or the 2000's nor do I care what he's doing now.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

And before anybody calls me a goddamn racist,  if Bubba Watson was giving speeches on economic development I wouldn't give a shit either.

2seaoat

I don't. Neither did I give a rat's ass what he did in the 90's or the 2000's nor do I care what he's doing now.

Johnson has become a leading voice on how to invest in urban communities, creating redevelopment opportunities in underserved areas, most notably through his movie theaters and his partnership with Starbucks. I completely understand why Bob and Hallmark do not want a person with real life success investing in urban areas discussing the same in Pensacola. Bob gets his coffee for free on Mondays at Macs, and changes clothes and disguises 12 times that day and stores the cups in his refrigerator to be microwaved later in the week, and Hallmark rides his bike to Central America, harvests the beans, builds a contraption to grind the same, and then brews the same in his new food cart which he parks in the shadows of Maritime Park. Why would these guys who know how to get a cup of coffee care about Magic Johnson, or care about redevelopment in Pensacola.

2seaoat

And before anybody calls me a goddamn racist, if Bubba Watson was giving speeches on economic development I wouldn't give a shit either.

Well I would agree because Bubba would probably build his movie theater in Navarre where Bob could sneak from movie to movie with meatloaf in his pants, and look reasonable normal(a relative term) but if Magic inspires folks to build a movie theater in the predominately black urban core, and Bob goes to sneak from movie to movie.....he would become more conspicuous, and the girl at the concession stand in a Magic theater would get all in your face when you pulled your sipee cup out of his pants and asked her to microwave his coffee and meatloaf.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:

Johnson has become a leading voice on how to invest in urban communities, creating redevelopment opportunities in underserved areas, most notably through his movie theaters and his partnership with Starbucks.

I didn't know that.  That's exactly what we need to compete with the world's emerging economies and give us good jobs.  Expertise on how to charge ten bucks for a bag of popcorn at a movie theater and eight bucks for a cup of coffee at Starbucks.    It takes an economic genius to turn his hundred million dollar basketball salary into that.  He deserves the nobel prize in economics.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bob wrote:
2seaoat wrote:

Johnson has become a leading voice on how to invest in urban communities, creating redevelopment opportunities in underserved areas, most notably through his movie theaters and his partnership with Starbucks.

I didn't know that.  That's exactly what we need to compete with the world's emerging economies and give us good jobs.  Expertise on how to charge ten bucks for a bag of popcorn at a movie theater and eight bucks for a cup of coffee at Starbucks.    It takes an economic genius to turn his hundred million dollar basketball salary into that.  He deserves the nobel prize in economics.
Bob you should be on the city council they could use some good sarcasm like that. That is grade A sarcasm some of the best I ever read....

2seaoat

It takes an economic genius to turn his hundred million dollar basketball salary into that. He deserves the nobel prize in economics.

He will earn more in his business career making investments in urban core areas than he ever did playing basketball, and he just sold some of his partnerships to become an owner of the Los Angles Dodgers.....his formula works for investing in urban areas. What he has not factored into his business model is the "bob" factor, as Pensacola has become blighted in proportion to the number of free movies Bob has attended, as the Bob factor slows the M1 velocity of money, and nowhere in the nation does a regional bank report this same strange trend than the Regional Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, where Dennis P. Lockhart, President states "the Bob factor fortunately has been isolated to an area around Pensacola Florida where we are hopeful if we have predominately black business ownership in central urban core areas. that this brake on the national economy can be eased, and people will actually start buying concessions at movies again.

Just little side note on Urban Black development in Pensacola.

At one time Main street from B st to almost Palafox was 90% black. Bruce Beach had a black folks swimming pool. Mostly poor fisherman and working class Blacks lived the area. Then they ripped out most of the area and built City Hall and later on, the government complex. The shit plant was expanded but the poor and the Blacks stayed as they had no where else to go. Over the years as the property values grew, the Blacks were removed from the area. Now the area is a mix of vacant lots and soon to be Lawyer offices and trendy shops. The people who lived there and put up with all the stench and others problems, are gone. The "Core" has been removed. Now we have a person coming into town to tell us how to build the "core" and energize the area. If it was not so sad it would be comical. The Blacks were removed from the city "Core" and moved to the county. Aragon court was a housing project until it was deemed to be unsafe from hurricanes. A fact that does not apply to the Million dollar houses that now occupy the property.

Stop the damn hypocrisy and just say it like it is. There is a plan to rebuild the down town area and it doesnt include Blacks or Poor people. Ok. No problem. We can deal with that. Just stop the Bull shit and get the job done

While I am thinking about it,,,,,,,,,

What better way to destroy a community than to close their Elementary and Secondary schools and move them where people have to depend on buses for their children to attend school?  It serves more than two purposes.  Now you are able to limit Parental input due to logistics. The school is now no longer part of the community... Of course the Elite can now cry and moan because Parents are not involved in the School functions. . Think I am full of it?  What is the closest  public school to Palafox and Main?  Did that just happen?  You bet you ass it "just Happened"

Last edited by Mr Ichi on 2/14/2014, 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Bob you should be on the city council

That's the very last thing anyone would ever want to have happen.
Because if I was a part of any of those government bodies all I would be interested in doing is trying to apply what I've always done with my private finances to public finance.  I would try to cut budgets,  cut overhead,  cut salaries,  cut waste,  cut unnecessary expenditures, reduce debt and try to get as much of government on a merit system as I could.  Exactly as I've done with my own finances.  But it would go nowhere because I would have no support for it.  The establishment would label me a naysayer and then I would just be an ineffective thorn in it's side which would accomplish less than nothing and leave me even more bitter and disillusioned than I am now.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum