Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is Pensacola relying too much on the Studers for economic development?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Watcher

Watcher

That just might be the case. Or PNJ is stuck on Studer. Where are all of the other developers and what are they doing for Pensacola?

2seaoat

I am going to lose a business because the bank I banked with was closed by the FDIC. I did nothing wrong. I never missed a payment. I was never late. However, I have been told that on September 1, 2013 my note will be called. No commercial bank will take the land and buildings as collateral therefore I have few options but to sell off the equipment, and close the business this September. I start drawing SS in December, and I will continue to operate my other business, but people do not realize how difficult it is for small business to expand or to be a start up business.

Pensacola has done a remarkable job this last decade simply surviving with two major hurricanes, a depression, and the loss of American comparative advantage in so many areas........what Mr. Studer has done is shared his good fortune....... his investments make downtown Pensacola less impacted than it would have been if he had never chose Pensacola. Pensacola is ready to have rapid economic growth, but if the recovery remains fragile, and the banks are not lending......it would not matter if it was Bill Gates investing in Pensacola.....it may not be enough to boom, but I predict a steady and predictable path to a growing local economy.

In competitive situations other than boxing, rope-a-dope is used to describe strategies in which one party purposely puts itself in what appears to be a losing position, attempting thereby to become the eventual victor.

Remember Pensacola loves Profession Wrestling. We can sell out the civic center and cant draw a 100 people see to BB King at the Sanger.
Right now we are in the "Rope a Dope" stages. People think Studer is on the ropes getting beat up. He is crying "Please dont hit me any more. Here take my money" LOL Not happening,, just part of the show. He will be coming off the ropes soon and win the match. Pensacola is much like a lady of the night, we will do anything, if you pay us enough....

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Watcher wrote:That just might be the case. Or PNJ is stuck on Studer. Where are all of the other developers and what are they doing for Pensacola?

Padding their pockets from the stupidity of our city officials....who probably get a kick-back....The City sold Pensacola's Bayfront Auditorium to Ray Russenberger so the property could be developed for private offices, sold historic Muscogee Wharf for the purpose of private homes, demolished the low rent housing on S. 9th ave to develop million dollar homes while moving low income blacks away from the civic center and the future downtown mixed media venue. The city wanted the low-renters gone....so they would not be milling around the civic center (one of reason ticket sales to Hockey and the defunct Basketball team were so high---keep the rift-raft out) Rents waterfront property to The Great Southern Restaurant Group at a fraction of the actual market value for prime real-estate.

BTW...don't think for a minute we would have a Wall South and Memorial if that property wasn't so low and prone to flooding with even a hint of rainfall.

Padding their pockets from the stupidity of our city officials....who probably get a kick-back....The City sold Pensacola's Bayfront Auditorium to Ray Russenberger so the property could be developed for private offices, sold historic Muscogee Wharf for the purpose of private homes, demolished the low rent housing on S. 9th ave to develop million dollar homes while moving low income blacks away from the civic center and the future downtown mixed media venue. The city wanted the low-renters gone....so they would not be milling around the civic center (one of reason ticket sales to Hockey and the defunct Basketball team were so high---keep the rift-raft out) Rents waterfront property to The Great Southern Restaurant Group at a fraction of the actual market value for prime real-estate.

BTW...don't think for a minute we would have a Wall South and Memorial if that property wasn't so low and prone to flooding with even a hint of rainfall.

Thank you very much. You got it right!!! May I copy it? Perfect!!! Stooderville is just more of the same. Damn good post!!!!

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Go right ahead!

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:I am going to lose a business because the bank I banked with was closed by the FDIC. I did nothing wrong. I never missed a payment. I was never late. However, I have been told that on September 1, 2013 my note will be called. No commercial bank will take the land and buildings as collateral therefore I have few options but to sell off the equipment, and close the business this September. I start drawing SS in December, and I will continue to operate my other business, but people do not realize how difficult it is for small business to expand or to be a start up business.

Pensacola has done a remarkable job this last decade simply surviving with two major hurricanes, a depression, and the loss of American comparative advantage in so many areas........what Mr. Studer has done is shared his good fortune....... his investments make downtown Pensacola less impacted than it would have been if he had never chose Pensacola. Pensacola is ready to have rapid economic growth, but if the recovery remains fragile, and the banks are not lending......it would not matter if it was Bill Gates investing in Pensacola.....it may not be enough to boom, but I predict a steady and predictable path to a growing local economy.

Mark my words. Mr. Studer's fortunes will improve on the backs of the local taxpayers. And if it wasn't Studer, it would be some other yahoo, like Russenberger at the old Auditorium location. I understand he also bought up local docking facilities and doubled or tripled the user fees.

I didn't see the previous post before I wrote this.

Mark my words. Mr. Studer's fortunes will improve on the backs of the local taxpayers. And if it wasn't Studer, it would be some other yahoo, like Russenberger at the old Auditorium location. I understand he also bought up local docking facilities and doubled or tripled the user fees.

I didn't see the previous post before I wrote this.

You said the same the thing because the truth is the truth. It is obvious. Thanks for the post.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum