Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I am enoying the SO reprieve.

+8
Ghost Rider
Floridatexan
talknstang
Hospital Bob
ZVUGKTUBM
2seaoat
knothead
stormwatch89
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

26I am enoying the SO reprieve. - Page 2 Empty Re: I am enoying the SO reprieve. 1/10/2014, 1:57 am

2seaoat

Even better when you gamble with someones else's money. Win Win for the Oats.

I won five hundred last night, and you are most certainly correct....I will not be gambling my money Friday night at Greyhound......I better be careful the ghostbusters have been after me......I may get ran over by a bike at Maritime by a masked Studer suited superhero, or have Jake take me down and humbled by his slow play and patience.......oh well, I celebrate life every day, and I am smiling because I hope to be arguing with Neko in a couple weeks.....all is good.......and maybe I should slip over to PB and rent a wedding house and have a glass of whine with Stormy.

27I am enoying the SO reprieve. - Page 2 Empty Re: I am enoying the SO reprieve. 1/10/2014, 2:01 am

2seaoat

STEP AWAY FROM THE VEHICLE SIR... HANDS UP... BEHIND UR BACK..!!

You know I love you despite what I say.....and I have always known what your other sock was who I always gave my full deferential respect, but is it not more fun this way?

28I am enoying the SO reprieve. - Page 2 Empty Re: I am enoying the SO reprieve. 1/10/2014, 2:02 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

The only opinions that matter on the CMP are the opinions of those who will pick up the tab for it if and when it proves to be a financial disaster.
I'll give you a hint. It's me and the rest of us who live inside the city and pay ad valorem tax. If it becomes a financial trainwreck, the whole thing lands on our backs.
The Constitution says everyone else can have an opinion on it, pro or con or indifferent. But it aint your pocketbooks that are tied to it. Only ours.

29I am enoying the SO reprieve. - Page 2 Empty Re: I am enoying the SO reprieve. 1/10/2014, 2:08 am

I am enoying the SO reprieve. - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSXi5JzuY1ScSQdnUa2v8l_13jUbh_PDq4zJNuiOBW-ePNWTxYX

They need to double to triple the price tag on the project since I never plan to go there.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-e2bptjUOc

Smile 

30I am enoying the SO reprieve. - Page 2 Empty Re: I am enoying the SO reprieve. 1/10/2014, 2:10 am

2seaoat

But it aint your pocketbooks that are tied to it. Only ours.

I will give you a first grade primer Bob. Dick see jane run. Jane see Spot run. Spot........your pocketbook will be filled in ten years. I learned to read on Dick, Jane, Spot, and Danny Dunn and his homework machine, and let me tell you with certainty............spot is right.....the taxpayers will make money on Maritime Park, but like the Affordable Care Act, or some fool sitting in the stands at Maritime Park yelling the game is lost after the first inning.....patience my friend......spot is right.

31I am enoying the SO reprieve. - Page 2 Empty Re: I am enoying the SO reprieve. 1/10/2014, 2:14 am

2seaoat

They need to double to triple the price tag on the project since I never plan to go there.

Oh are you not the smug one.....hell all you folks in Iowa need to do is plant some corn and hall of famers star walking out.......why would you go.....hell tell me when Frank Thomas or Gregg Maddux walk out of your field.....map the field and I will sit and watch.......pay you for the crop damage.

32I am enoying the SO reprieve. - Page 2 Empty Re: I am enoying the SO reprieve. 1/10/2014, 2:15 am

I will leave my hat for you in the dug out.

I am enoying the SO reprieve. - Page 2 5mjzgj

33I am enoying the SO reprieve. - Page 2 Empty Re: I am enoying the SO reprieve. 1/10/2014, 2:15 am

2seaoat wrote:STEP AWAY FROM THE VEHICLE SIR... HANDS UP... BEHIND UR BACK..!!

You know I love you despite what I say.....and I have always known what your other sock was who I always gave my full deferential respect, but is it not more fun this way?

I promise you I have never had a sock.

34I am enoying the SO reprieve. - Page 2 Empty Re: I am enoying the SO reprieve. 1/10/2014, 2:17 am

2seaoat wrote: But it aint your pocketbooks that are tied to it. Only ours.

I will give you a first grade primer Bob.  Dick see jane run.   Jane see Spot run.  Spot........your pocketbook will be filled in ten years.  I learned to read on Dick, Jane, Spot, and Danny Dunn and his homework machine, and let me tell you with certainty............spot is right.....the taxpayers will make money on Maritime Park, but like the Affordable Care Act, or some fool sitting in the stands at Maritime Park yelling the game is lost after the first inning.....patience my friend......spot is right.

I am enoying the SO reprieve. - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTuRH3HzC5_K1A3LwO-2gMtQPiJif_tGlf8bUwuhQ87Yyr6YYeRfQ

Oh look! Another story...

Are you sure Spot isn't just looking for a place to hike his leg?

******CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhRLg_BMxX8

Laughing 

35I am enoying the SO reprieve. - Page 2 Empty Re: I am enoying the SO reprieve. 1/10/2014, 2:17 am

Bob wrote:The only opinions that matter on the CMP are the opinions of those who will pick up the tab for it if and when it proves to be a financial disaster.
I'll give you a hint.  It's me and the rest of us who live inside the city and pay ad valorem tax.  If it becomes a financial trainwreck,  the whole thing lands on our backs.
The Constitution says everyone else can have an opinion on it,  pro or con or indifferent.  But it aint your pocketbooks that are tied to it.  Only ours.

Spot on Mr Bob Thanks

36I am enoying the SO reprieve. - Page 2 Empty Re: I am enoying the SO reprieve. 1/10/2014, 2:17 am

2seaoat

I will leave my hat for you in the dug out.

Yea, like I don't know about those tricks you learned in Korea.....I want to be put in the box with both arms.......

37I am enoying the SO reprieve. - Page 2 Empty Re: I am enoying the SO reprieve. 1/10/2014, 2:21 am

2seaoat

I promise you I have never had a sock.

hmmmmmm the best one the last six months is that a certain female forum member has created a macho sock.......but he has a vagina, and says sigh.....and could not wait to shop........I guess some people really think folks are not able to recognize written word patterns.....oh well.

38I am enoying the SO reprieve. - Page 2 Empty Re: I am enoying the SO reprieve. 1/10/2014, 2:24 am

2seaoat wrote:They need to double to triple the price tag on the project since I never plan to go there.

Oh are you not the smug one.....hell all you folks in Iowa need to do is plant some corn and hall of famers star walking out.......why would you go.....hell tell me when Frank Thomas or Gregg Maddux walk out of your field.....map the field and I will sit and watch.......pay you for the crop damage.

I am enoying the SO reprieve. - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSHs86Su3Go4Ndz6wvp0tOoMF6oeJu7vVs5HB62mvcLZBIld92COw

Feel free to do away with the farm bill and all the attached legislation that goes with it. Most of it goes the big corporate famers anyway. I'm all for less intrusive laws..... Isn't food stamps attached to that legislation? Guess those that draw those things will have to go back to relying on real charities and not money taken by the point of a government sword. Maybe they'll even learn something... Like how to grow a garden if they want to eat.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yH61hFsma24

Smile

39I am enoying the SO reprieve. - Page 2 Empty Re: I am enoying the SO reprieve. 1/10/2014, 2:38 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote: But it aint your pocketbooks that are tied to it. Only ours.

I will give you a first grade primer Bob.  Dick see jane run.   Jane see Spot run.  Spot........your pocketbook will be filled in ten years.  I learned to read on Dick, Jane, Spot, and Danny Dunn and his homework machine, and let me tell you with certainty............spot is right.....the taxpayers will make money on Maritime Park, but like the Affordable Care Act, or some fool sitting in the stands at Maritime Park yelling the game is lost after the first inning.....patience my friend......spot is right.

I hope you prove to be right. But it's still my pocketbook on the line. With this poker game, it aint you who's got the chips on the table for this one.
And frankly I always lose at poker so I never have a good feeling about gambling and this CMP wager is no exception.

40I am enoying the SO reprieve. - Page 2 Empty Re: I am enoying the SO reprieve. 1/10/2014, 2:45 am

2seaoat wrote:I promise you I have never had a sock.

hmmmmmm the best one the last six months is that a certain female forum member has created a macho sock.......but he has a vagina, and says sigh.....and could not wait to shop........I guess some people really think folks are not able to recognize written word patterns.....oh well.

I'll admit that I do love you too... man. But I've just never had anything to say that I didn't want you to know I said.

41I am enoying the SO reprieve. - Page 2 Empty Re: I am enoying the SO reprieve. 1/10/2014, 2:55 am

PkrBum wrote:
2seaoat wrote:I promise you I have never had a sock.

I'll admit that I do love you too... man. But I've just never had anything to say that I didn't want you to know I said.

I am enoying the SO reprieve. - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRrhzImWEyQc1LqMDtc4JyMtqLlawAVZVi345thcpuFjTADnbRecw

I've only ever had one sock and it never posted... It just voted.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yk0Is8-gGSQ

Very Happy

PSHHAISFET > PHASE SHIFT

42I am enoying the SO reprieve. - Page 2 Empty Re: I am enoying the SO reprieve. 1/10/2014, 4:02 am

talknstang

not sure if i should give 2 thumbs up or 2 titties down

I am enoying the SO reprieve. - Page 2 Hermap11

43I am enoying the SO reprieve. - Page 2 Empty Re: I am enoying the SO reprieve. 1/10/2014, 6:49 am

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

I will give you a first grade primer Bob. Dick see jane run. Jane see Spot run. Spot........your pocketbook will be filled in ten years. I learned to read on Dick, Jane, Spot, and Danny Dunn and his homework machine, and let me tell you with certainty............spot is right.....the taxpayers will make money on Maritime Park, but like the Affordable Care Act, or some fool sitting in the stands at Maritime Park yelling the game is lost after the first inning.....patience my friend......spot is right.,

Sorry, but that is my objection to SO's posts.  He's a bully, Knot.

A forum should be to express ideas not to belittle.

I've had many discussions here with people like OS where we remained civil and respectful despite our differences. That's not the SO plan. He has a degree in everything or talks to brilliant people who have an IQ 20 points above ours............with no evidence to support his superiority.

The greatest men I have known in my life were humble and didn't need to discredit others.

44I am enoying the SO reprieve. - Page 2 Empty Re: I am enoying the SO reprieve. 1/10/2014, 9:26 am

2seaoat

[b]A forum should be to express ideas not to belittle.

I am sorry, with your expression of ideas about President Obama, I get a distinct impression that the intent is to belittle the President and those who recognize he is doing a pretty good job.......It really takes little effort to belittle some forum members, it only requires a response to what was posted, and simple facts. However, I always try to wear kid gloves when dealing with some forum members who have lived spoiled lives and become extremely uncomfortable when their paradigm is challenged.....some may call it bullying others may call it dealing with fragile people who need protection and a silver spoon protector. sigh

45I am enoying the SO reprieve. - Page 2 Empty Re: I am enoying the SO reprieve. 1/10/2014, 9:30 am

My point remains that people like Mr Seaoats do a great disservice to our community when they expound on topics that they "Think" will  enhance our life style but do not have any thing personally to do with the issues.  He is not nor has he ever been a citizen of Escambia country nor has he lived in the city of Pensacola But yet he has filled pages and pages on what we should do. Talk is cheap. People have been  mislead on the scope of the CMPA.  Mr Oats has contributed to that illusion.   For him it is a game, an intellectual exercise, that no matter what the out come is, it will not effect him.

46I am enoying the SO reprieve. - Page 2 Empty Re: I am enoying the SO reprieve. 1/10/2014, 9:37 am

2seaoat

I guess I have been right. If I was still in Santa Rosa County and was attending two games a year I would have credibility on the issues. No, because I am not a taxpayer, and I am not entitled to an opinion. Sorry, the naysayers hate me. I have no dog in that hunt.......just the facts jack......the Maritime Park has been a huge success which grows each year. I anticipate the buildout and transition to a cash cow will then be met with how the evil developers have taken the waterfront.......when you start with the proposition that is political and cynical, the facts will never matter.

47I am enoying the SO reprieve. - Page 2 Empty Re: I am enoying the SO reprieve. 1/10/2014, 9:45 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:I guess I have been right.  If I was still in Santa Rosa County and was attending two games a year I would have credibility on the issues.  No, because I am not a taxpayer, and I am not entitled to an opinion.   Sorry, the naysayers hate me.  I have no dog in that hunt.......just the facts jack......the Maritime Park has been a huge success which grows each year.  I anticipate the buildout and transition to a cash cow will then be met with how the evil developers have taken the waterfront.......when you start with the proposition that is political and cynical, the facts will never matter.

I said you or anyone has a right to an opinion. But that the only opinions that matter on this are the opinions of people who will have to pay for it (involuntarily) if it craps out. I don't think that's an unfair statement to make.
And from what we learned in that Kerrigan piece and the response to it by Rick's Blog bloggers, it's only the city property tax payers who that would be.
Not even Escambia County property owners if they aren't in the city. And certainly not Santa Rosa County residents. They have no more stake in it than county residents in Alaska.

48I am enoying the SO reprieve. - Page 2 Empty Re: I am enoying the SO reprieve. 1/10/2014, 9:51 am

If I was still in Santa Rosa County and was attending two games a year I would have credibility on the issues.

My point exactly... . You do not even attend the games.. You have no credibility.

49I am enoying the SO reprieve. - Page 2 Empty Re: I am enoying the SO reprieve. 1/10/2014, 9:57 am

knothead

knothead

Mr Ichi wrote:My issue with Mr Oats is that he got involved with CMPA project and strongly chastised any of us who dared questioned it.   Now he has moved, but we still have the CMP and the problems with it  are now growing.  It has turned out to be nothing as he had envisioned.  Yet he continues to rant on about the project with out any local knowledge of its short comings.  He had no dog in the fight.  I wish he would have left us, who live here, alone to solve our local problems.  

I completely understand Ichi. You could rightly feel that you 'won' the disagreement based on the outcome but taking offense because another sees it differently and allowing it to become so caustic that you disengage SO because he sees it differently seems irrational to me. He and I disagree with the fee simple issue on leasehold property that is yet to be decided but so be it. Our forum gives everyone an opportunity to vent their views and invite others to civilly agree or disagree . . . . guess I'm just living in a fantasy land.

50I am enoying the SO reprieve. - Page 2 Empty Re: I am enoying the SO reprieve. 1/10/2014, 10:18 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Mr Ichi wrote: If I was still in Santa Rosa County and was attending two games a year I would have credibility on the issues.

My point exactly... .  You do not even attend the games..  You have no credibility.

Nah I don't see it the same way.  If I lived anywhere outside the city of Pensacola it would be easy for me to be all in favor it.  I could use it to go see a game or use it to walk along the waterfront or use it to fish.  And if down the road it ended up in insolvency what would I care,  I don't have to bail it out with my money.

But for us city folk it's not like that.  We WILL be the ultimate deep pockets. And we will be that INVOLUNTARILY.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum