Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Man Sells Restaurant to Help Employee With Brain Tumor(Of course it is not Pensacola)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

http://austinist.com/2014/01/08/man_sells_restaurant_to_help_employ.php

When Michael De Beyer found out his uninsured 19-year-old employee had been diagnosed with a brain tumor, he decided to sell his authentic German restaurant—aptly named Kaiserhof Restaurant and Wunderbar—to help her pay for treatment.
"I just can't be standing by and doing nothing," De Beyer told KHOU. "I have to try something because it's not right."
Brittany Mathis, who works at De Beyer's restaurant in Montgomery, Texas with her mother and older sister, first went to the doctor to have a rash checked out. "I went to the hospital and found out it was my blood clotting," Mathis said. "So, they wanted to keep me and do CAT scans and MRIs and the next day they came in and told me I had a tumor."
De Beyer is now putting his 6,000 square foot restaurant up for sale to help Mathis and her family cover medical bills, which are quickly piling up. He's owned the restaurant for 17 years and previously turned down a $1.3 million buyout offer.
Mathis has a family history of brain cancer—her father died from an undiagnosed brain tumor in 2000.
"I really think it’s an amazing blessing and can't thank him enough and his family," Mathis said. "Never thought that anybody would do that and he did and it makes me feel really good."

Mr Ichi wrote:http://austinist.com/2014/01/08/man_sells_restaurant_to_help_employ.php

When Michael De Beyer found out his uninsured 19-year-old employee had been diagnosed with a brain tumor, he decided to sell his authentic German restaurant—aptly named Kaiserhof Restaurant and Wunderbar—to help her pay for treatment.
"I just can't be standing by and doing nothing," De Beyer told KHOU. "I have to try something because it's not right."
Brittany Mathis, who works at De Beyer's restaurant in Montgomery, Texas with her mother and older sister, first went to the doctor to have a rash checked out. "I went to the hospital and found out it was my blood clotting," Mathis said. "So, they wanted to keep me and do CAT scans and MRIs and the next day they came in and told me I had a tumor."
De Beyer is now putting his 6,000 square foot restaurant up for sale to help Mathis and her family cover medical bills, which are quickly piling up. He's owned the restaurant for 17 years and previously turned down a $1.3 million buyout offer.
Mathis has a family history of brain cancer—her father died from an undiagnosed brain tumor in 2000.
"I really think it’s an amazing blessing and can't thank him enough and his family," Mathis said. "Never thought that anybody would do that and he did and it makes me feel really good."

something fishy with this story. he doesn't need to do that, he could just buy her insurance. perhaps hes in love and wants this gals attention and to spend time with her.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum