Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

One of my kids was driving the car when the Milton camera gave them a ticket that was sent to me..I want my money back Milton, so does everyone else...smells like bankruptcy ....

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://blog.motorists.org/traffic-cameras-legal-but-useless/

Cameras are parasites, staying below the threshold of pain where you call for an exterminator.
Unless the Supreme Court saves them cameras are dead. There’s no profit left.

The most exciting part of the Missouri battle is yet to come. Some people may be entitled to refunds.
Cities could be ordered to pay millions they don’t have. The money is gone.
Redflex has it. Maybe after the resulting tax increases residents will vote the bastards out.

2seaoat

You need to read much closer. Red light cameras for the most part are being enforced throughout America and the courts have challenged but not overturned statutory enabling language which was correct. In Missouri the assignment of points from a red light violation was in the nature of moving violation as opposed to a civil citation which had no implication on a driving record. They are changing state statute as we discuss this issue.

I think red light cameras should only issue warnings, and after so many warnings allow the assessment of a fine. The abuses are too great to allow government to use them as a revenue generator. However, to think they will simply be thrown out by the courts is incorrect. There will be times a driver will succeed in challenging a red light ticket, but their validity depends on citizens overturning state statute which enables these revenue generators.

Markle

Markle

TEOTWAWKI wrote:http://blog.motorists.org/traffic-cameras-legal-but-useless/

Cameras are parasites, staying below the threshold of pain where you call for an exterminator.
Unless the Supreme Court saves them cameras are dead. There’s no profit left.

The most exciting part of the Missouri battle is yet to come. Some people may be entitled to refunds.
Cities could be ordered to pay millions they don’t have. The money is gone.
Redflex has it. Maybe after the resulting tax increases residents will vote the bastards out.

Seems like your kid owes you the money.

I HATE red light cameras. In my opinion, the sole purpose of these cameras is to generate revenue.

2seaoat

T,
If you have really got a red light ticket and you want to fight it, check to see if the citation mentions that it is civil in nature. If it is you should send an admission of facts pursuant to the Florida Supreme court rules, where you simply state that on the date in question your vehicle was NOT in violation of the law in the State of Florida, and did not run the red light at that location.

This admission would be sent and if you have proof by certified mail that they received it and if they do not respond before your hearing date and 30 days goes by, you MAY get your facts admitted in the record and they are barred from presenting facts on this issue and the ticket should be dismissed.

here is a link on the procedure
http://www.expertlaw.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104866

I saw someone use this technique, and the hearing officer for the town told the lawyer that he could not do that and the lawyer read the supreme court rule, and the hearing officer dismissed the case, but only after he ran the video which everybody in the room could see his client blew through the stoplight.

I do not know if this would work without a lawyer, but it should because the clerk at MIlton is going to toss your certified mail and not understand the significance of a request for admission of facts.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

It was only $160 dollars and I just paid it and growled at my kid....

6One of my kids was driving the car when the Milton camera gave them a ticket that was sent to me..I want my money back Milton, so does everyone else...smells like bankruptcy .... Empty Baby has a toothy brain tumor 3/3/2014, 11:20 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://www.chicagotribune.com/health/bs-hs-tumor-teeth-20140228,0,7700935.story

One of my kids was driving the car when the Milton camera gave them a ticket that was sent to me..I want my money back Milton, so does everyone else...smells like bankruptcy .... 600

2seaoat

It was only $160 dollars and I just paid it and growled at my kid....

Next time(hopefully there will not be a next time) just for kicks and grins, request a hearing, and send them 5 questions under an admissions of fact format......my car is a ford......the alleged violation took place on Jan 4, 2014.......the stoplight is located on avalon and 90......at all times my vehicle followed the law on Jan 4, and came to a complete stop at the intersection.

The clerk gets your request for hearing, and probably will not do a thing with your request for admissions.......now if Milton has already got burned on this, they will answer your request and deny your version of the stop.....if they have not gotten wise.......you may beat it because you would just show the hearing officer the certified mail receipt and the facts which are admitted by the city where they fail to respond in thirty days. It was funnier than chit when the hearing officer after dismissing the case ran the videotape where clearly this lawyer's client ran the red light, but the lawyer won the case for his client.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I took the car out of my name so I solved that problem.

2seaoat wrote:It was only $160 dollars and I just paid it and growled at my kid....

Next time(hopefully there will not be a next time) just for kicks and grins, request a hearing, and send them 5 questions under an admissions of fact format......my car is a ford......the alleged violation took place on Jan 4, 2014.......the stoplight is located on avalon and 90......at all times my vehicle followed the law on Jan 4, and came to a complete stop at the intersection.

The clerk gets your request for hearing, and probably will not do a thing with your request for admissions.......now if Milton has already got burned on this, they will answer your request and deny your version of the stop.....if they have not gotten wise.......you may beat it because you would just show the hearing officer the certified mail receipt and the facts which are admitted by the city where they fail to respond in thirty days. It was funnier than chit when the hearing officer after dismissing the case ran the videotape where clearly this lawyer's client ran the red light, but the lawyer won the case for his client.

There's not a light at Avalon and 90. There is one by Ollies at the shopping center, one at Glover and 90, and one up at Hamilton Bridge and Dogwood.

Markle

Markle

TEOTWAWKI wrote:It was only $160 dollars and I just paid it and growled at my kid....

Why did the kid not pay the fine? Didn't he run the light?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Markle wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:It was only $160 dollars and I just paid it and growled at my kid....

Why did the kid not pay the fine?  Didn't he run the light?
Yes the kid ran the light but I skipped the part where I would have loaned them the money to pay the fine and just paid it myself. Everyone handles things different. I gave my kid a bailout...it was popular back then.

Markle

Markle

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Markle wrote:

Yes the kid ran the light but I skipped the part where I would have loaned them the money to pay the fine and just paid it myself. Everyone handles things different. I gave my kid a bailout...it was popular back then.

That taught him a lesson!

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Markle wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Markle wrote:

That taught him a lesson!

Yeah teaching lessons is so damned important isn't it ? This dumbassed country is out there teaching lessons everyday killing innocent people so they learn the lesson that this Zionist occupied government isn't to be messed with...no I think I will just love my kid and move on.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum