Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ray Price dead: Country music legend was 87

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Good friends like Willie Nelson and Merle haggard got more credit for their contrary ways and trend-setting ideas, but it was Ray Price who set the precedent for change in country music more than a decade earlier.

Price passed away Monday at his Texas home, having long outlasted most of his country music contemporaries and the prognosis doctors gave him when they discovered his pancreatic cancer in 2011. He was 87.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2013/12/16/ray-price-dead-country-music-legend-was-87/?intcmp=features

RIP

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

It was actually reported on Saturday that he had died. Of course that was just a rumor. On Saturday he was transferred from a hospital to hospice care. He and his family knew that the end was near, but as Frank Sinatra said, "I did it my way."

RIP Ray, you did do it your way.

polecat

polecat

Real Country Music...
not that 70s rock and roll crap they try to pass off as country today.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Used to go to an old dance hall with my parents back in the 60's, where Ray Price would frequently appear. I'm having an overwhelming rush of nostalgia & it's hard. My dad sang, too...he called squaredances. I can still see the petticoats swirling and the matching cowboy shirts...dancing with my dad...getting my ID checked by the LCB (although I could drink w/my parents)...

Here's my favorite Ray Price:

Floridatexan wrote:
Used to go to an old dance hall with my parents back in the 60's, where Ray Price would frequently appear.  I'm having an overwhelming rush of nostalgia & it's hard.  My dad sang, too...he called squaredances.  I can still see the petticoats swirling and the matching cowboy shirts...dancing with my dad...getting my ID checked by the LCB (although I could drink w/my parents)...

Here's my favorite Ray Price:

Those are nice memories FT. I also grew up listening to Ray Price and music like this. My dad loved him. I remember seeing the records in my daddies collection and at times how my momma and daddy would get up and dance in the living room. Good memories.

I've got fond memories of being forced to listening to price... don williams... etc. I appreciate the tunes now.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum