Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why does a major entertainment personality who is worth $150 million need to be a paid whore for a credit card company?

+3
2seaoat
Sal
Hospital Bob
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I keep hearing more and more stories about people living way beyond their means and doing it by being maxed out on multiple credit cards.
And now this guy is out there pitching credit cards. And he would have to be naive if he doesn't know which target audience the credit card company hired him to pitch too and how they are abusing the credit cards he's pitching.
How much more money does a hundred and fifty millionaire need?

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=samuel+jackson+capital+one+commercial&sm=1

Maybe he is a money whore and doesn't give a shit about anyone but his self?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Mr Ichi wrote:Maybe he is a money whore and doesn't give a shit about anyone but his self?
I don't see how anyone could come to any other conclusion.

Bob wrote:
Mr Ichi wrote:Maybe he is a money whore and doesn't give a shit about anyone but his self?
I don't see how anyone could come to any other conclusion.  
I think I should win a prize.

Sal

Sal

Mr Ichi wrote:
I think I should win a prize.  
Why does a major entertainment personality who is worth $150 million need to be a paid whore for a credit card company? Star7

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

The average American household has $9200 in credit card debt and pays $1300 a year in interest.  

and that hundred and fifty millionaire isn't satisfied with a hundred and fifty million. now he wants to get a lot more money by pimping credit cards.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Go ahead, you know you want to call me a racist so do it. lol

Damn Nazi!!!  If he was white you would not have a problem,,  You remind me of the people up in North Alabama that................................BTW I have LOTs of colored friends.........My Maid, My gardener, all think I am good guy, just ask them... .

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

If anyone doesn't think Jackson has a helluva lot of influence then you don't understand the amount of influence this creates.  And it carries over into that tv audience watching those commercials...

Will Anyone Ever Out-Box Office Samuel L. Jackson?

the Guinness Book of World Records named Samuel L. Jackson the highest-grossing actor in the history of film. With the record-breaking opening of his latest movie “The Avengers,” it looks as if no other actor will come close to his numbers any time soon, notes Entertainment Weekly.

After its record $200.3 million opening, “The Avengers” is on track to surpass “The Titanic” as the top grossing movie of all time.

Meanwhile, Jackson just signed a nine-film commitment with Marvel – which means we can expect him to pop up in the next cycle of “Avenger” movies, not to mention the next individual “Avengers” films, such as “Iron Man 3,” “Captain America 2,” etc.

With all this factored in, Jackson looks likely to bank a career global tally of $10 billion. By comparison, Tom Cruise has only grossed $7 billion.

http://www.eurweb.com/2012/05/will-anyone-ever-out-box-office-samuel-l-jackson/

2seaoat

I think they call themselves actors......I did not know that an actor who takes a role becomes that role. Interesting concept.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:I think they call themselves actors......I did not know that an actor who takes a role becomes that role.  Interesting concept.
When he's standing up there as himself,  Sam Jackson,  and doing that commercial,  he's not playing a role,  seaoat.  He's a celebrity being himself and pimping something.
It's no different than that blowhard ex-actor/politican Fred Thompson pimping reverse mortgages.  He's Fred Thompson famous celebrity in the tv commercials,  not a character in a fictional story.
It's just fucking greed is what it is.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

And he's the only one of his stature who's doing it.  You don't see Denzel Washington pimping credit cards.  It's actually only a few like Jackson who have so little class that they stoop to that.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I forgot, seaoat. You're in the Sal/Dick Cheney/Paul Krugman mindset. The one that says debt is such a wonderful thing. lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

A credit card commercial which ends with the word "motherfuckers".
Which audience do you think that's trying to give more credit cards too? lol

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Yes, it's truly sad...as sad as this:

And I used to admire him.

2seaoat

They are actors.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:They are actors.
Thanks for clearing that up. I didn't know that. I thought Jackson was a plumber and the fonzie was an electrician.

2seaoat

What do actors do?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:What do actors do?
Some of them get paid millions to peddle snake oil. Others stick to acting.

2seaoat

Most actors who actually get paid for their work at one time or another did commercials. Since when is an actor the role they play?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:Since when is an actor the role they play?
When Jackson gets in front of the camera as himself, he's not "playing a role".

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:I keep hearing more and more stories about people living way beyond their means and doing it by being maxed out on multiple credit cards.
And now this guy is out there pitching credit cards.  And he would have to be naive if he doesn't know which target audience the credit card company hired him to pitch too and how they are abusing the credit cards he's pitching.
How much more money does a hundred and fifty millionaire need?

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=samuel+jackson+capital+one+commercial&sm=1
How in the heck is it any of your business? Why is it that Progressives believe that somehow, how much someone else EARNS is the business of the Progressive?

As you know, Samuel L. Jackson is also a far left Progressive who vehemently supports President Barack Hussein Obama. Jackson also states that he voted for him because he is black. Isn't that racism?

2seaoat

When Jackson gets in front of the camera as himself, he's not "playing a role".

Sorry Bob, that was not a testimonial ad.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Okay markle and seaoat, you've both convinced me. Jackson is a hero for making a lot of money by convincing people to get more credit cards.
Markle makes a lot of sense that nobody should ever begrudge George Soros for all that money he has.

2seaoat

He is an actor Bob, not a hero. You are confusing the actor with the role they are playing. A credit Card Ad, or a reverse mortgage ad, are simply that......a role where an actor gets paid. It was a testimonial ad, you might have some point to make, but I guess even if it was a testimonial ad, he may have found merit in the product.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum