Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Some Oregon teachers and staff allowed to pack heat on school grounds

+4
ZVUGKTUBM
Joanimaroni
Nekochan
Ghost Rider
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

A school board in St. Helens, Ore., voted to allow teachers and staff to pack heat on school grounds, an official said

http://news.yahoo.com/ore-school-board-votes-allow-staff-pack-heat-013617569--abc-news-topstories.html

mmmmmmmmmmm I have mixed feelings about this.

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Chrissy wrote:mmmmmmmmmmm I have mixed feelings about this.
If they are properly trained in the use and safety of a firearm, I have no reluctance at all to this move. I wish more schools would enact this.

Nekochan

Nekochan

I have mixed feelings too, although I think it would not be a bad idea for the front office of schools to have a weapon on hand, under lock and key.

I see nothing wrong with a properly qualified citizen being armed... especially in almost all of those silly gun free zones.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PkrBum wrote:I see nothing wrong with a properly qualified citizen being armed... especially in almost all of those silly gun free zones.
cheers Hate it when only the perps are armed.

I see nothing wrong with properly armed citizens either. Im pro gun.

Lets tread very careful here though. because the first time one of these teaches screws up and a child gets hurt will give ample ammo to a certain group of people for a very long time.

I just want to proceed with caution.

Nekochan

Nekochan

My biggest concern is a student getting ahold of a weapon.

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Nekochan wrote:My biggest concern is a student getting ahold of a weapon.
Doesn't that already happen? If they want a gun they will get it somewhere even bringing it from home.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Ghost Rider wrote:
Doesn't that already happen? If they want a gun they will get it somewhere even bringing it from home.
If it happened in a school though, with a teacher's gun.....the anti-gun people would go nuts and they'd have some ammunition to go nuts. 

I do think that one or more staff members in a school should have access to a weapon, I'm just not sure the best way to go about it.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

When I was in school, the only shots ever fired were beavers and spit-wads.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

bizguy

the anti-gun people would go nuts

Too late.

cool1

cool1

Shocked --for real! They need to lock them up !

Nekochan

Nekochan

bizguy wrote:the anti-gun people would go nuts

Too late.  
Too true.

Jake92

If YOUR child was shot by somebody, you would be in favor of having someone in the school armed.. Just think how many lives would have been saved if 1-2 teachers were armed in Newtown or any other school where a nut case with a gun was free to do anything because nobody else was armed and able to stop him....

ImpishScoundrel

ImpishScoundrel

PkrBum wrote:I see nothing wrong with a properly qualified citizen being armed... especially in almost all of those silly gun free zones.
Some Oregon teachers and staff allowed to pack heat on school grounds Bth_ThumbsUpSmiley4

I agree.

Jake92 wrote:If YOUR child was shot by somebody, you would be in favor of having someone in the school armed..  Just think how many lives would have been saved if 1-2 teachers were armed in Newtown or any other school where a nut case with a gun was free to do anything because nobody else was armed and able to stop him....
im in favor of this. I just want to make sure these people are qualified and properly placed.

There are some teachers I do not want to have guns at school.

This needs to be done with extreme caution. that's all I am saying. because the first time a child gets a teachers gun and kills someone. You can bet the deal is over.

I don't want the plan to backfire. And im paranoid by nature. What a Face 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum