Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

For Sheer Inspiration and Joy, start the weekend with Rion Paige

+3
Jake92
Wordslinger
Markle
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Markle

Markle

I don't watch any of the singing, dance or performance competitions. To much falderal between a few songs.

But for sheer inspiration and joy. Here is one I think is worth viewing.

Watch a 13-Year-Old Country Singer Bring Even Simon Cowell to His Feet

Sep. 13, 2013 9:13am

Rion Paige may have a different way of spelling her name, but it’s probably one you should get used to. That’s because the spunky 13-year-old country singer brought the “X Factor” judges to their feet Wednesday with her rendition of a Carrie Underwood song.

Besides a solid voice and a special name, Paige is unique for another reason: She has a rare disease that has left her wrist joints deformed and she’s almost completely blind in her right eye. But you’d never know it from her attitude.

“I have arthrogryposis multiplex congenita, which is basically a whole bunch of words to describe something simple,” she said with about as much energy as an F-5 tornado.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11oMu365xYU#t=20

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:I don't watch any of the singing, dance or performance competitions.  To much falderal between a few songs.

But for sheer inspiration and joy.  Here is one I think is worth viewing.

Rion Paige may have a different way of spelling her name, but it’s probably one you should get used to. That’s because the spunky 13-year-old country singer brought the “X Factor” judges to their feet Wednesday with her rendition of a Carrie Underwood song.

Besides a solid voice and a special name, Paige is unique for another reason: She has a rare disease that has left her wrist joints deformed and she’s almost completely blind in her right eye. But you’d never know it from her attitude.

“I have arthrogryposis multiplex congenita, which is basically a whole bunch of words to describe something simple,” she said with about as much energy as an F-5 tornado.

"I don't watch any of the singing, dance or performance competitions," you write. Then you invite us to see one you watched.

Which explains quite a bit about your sorry psyche. Obviously, the first claim is an outright lie, or you couldn't make the SECOND claim. LOL

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:
Markle wrote:I don't watch any of the singing, dance or performance competitions.  To much falderal between a few songs.

"I don't watch any of the singing, dance or performance competitions," you write.  Then you invite us to see one you watched.

Which explains quite a bit about your sorry psyche.  Obviously, the first claim is an outright lie, or you couldn't make the SECOND claim.  LOL
People who laugh for no reason at all do so because of nervousness, insecurity or they are very uncomfortable with what they are saying.

I did not watch the show, I picked it up on YouTube and watched that seven minutes, thought it inspiring and posted that seven minutes. If you'll notice, I did not post the entire show.

It does speak to your character, or shall we say lack of character, that you would USE a handicapped young, teen age girl, in a shameless effort to somehow shame or denigrate little ol' harmless me.

Congratulations, you must be so proud.

Jake92

I think her mom is a beautiful woman.......

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I do watch some of the competitive talent shows......this You Tube Video gave me goose bumps....just like I got when she was on TV.

Goose Bumps.

Markle

Markle

Jake92 wrote:I think her mom is a beautiful woman.......
Indeed she is. Can you imagine the pride and happiness she felt?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Wordslinger wrote:

"I don't watch any of the singing, dance or performance competitions," you write.  Then you invite us to see one you watched.

Which explains quite a bit about your sorry psyche.  Obviously, the first claim is an outright lie, or you couldn't make the SECOND claim.  LOL

LOL......I guess you needed an ego boost, Wordslinger. Try again, you failed on this one.

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

Thanks for posting, Markle.

I'm still blubbering. If she wasn't enough to make me blubber, her Mom's reactions were.

Inspiring!

Nekochan

Nekochan

Thank you, Markle.  Just beautiful. And she's from Jacksonville. I love you

Markle

Markle

stormwatch89 wrote:Thanks for posting, Markle.

I'm still blubbering.  If she wasn't enough to make me blubber, her Mom's reactions were.

Inspiring!
I think too that it was a tiny light at the end of a tunnel of worry of what would happen to her daughter if something happened to Mom. Even if she is not a super star, she shows a lot of potential to earn a very, very good living which would allow her to pay for the care she needs.

A somewhat similar situation happened in London England and was reported by 60 Minutes. When born, it was thought that he would have to be cared for his entire life. Instead he is a touring pianist.

Lesley Stahl profiles British musical savant Derek Paravicini, whose computer-like memory for music is matched by his creative abilities to play it in any style.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=6734911n

2seaoat

This young girl has quite a passion for music and song. Beauty shines through and although dealt tough cards, she has made the most of what has been dealt, and she most certainly will be a winner in life.

Awesome stories..!!

It just occurred to me that we could be sitting barefoot around a fire a thousand years ago and doing the same thing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum