Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

This is where Im going camping this weekend

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

So you'll all be glad Ill be gone.

http://www.floridastateparks.org/koreshan/

its gonna be a blast Very Happy

Yella

Yella

Rogue wrote:So you'll all be glad Ill be gone.

Watch yourself on Corkscrew Road.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

Yella wrote:
Rogue wrote:So you'll all be glad Ill be gone.

Watch yourself on Corkscrew Road.

I hear the place is haunted from the locals. Ive already scared the kids with that LOL Cool

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I hate camping. I did enough "professional camping" as a U.S. Marine to take any and all desire out of me for sleeping on the ground or in a tent.

Nope.... Give me a hotel room or I ain't going, period!

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:I hate camping. I did enough "professional camping" as a U.S. Marine to take any and all desire out of me for sleeping on the ground or in a tent.

I'll go camping also, but it has to be in my motor-home. No sleeping on the ground or in a tent for this guy.

Ive done it every way Wink

but if it aint in a tent, it aint camping.

of course im taking a blow up materess for ME Razz

and a coleman stove so I can cook them breakfast

and the bicycles to ride around on. its going to be fun. i took monday off work.

the only thing me and the oldest boy have to figure outhow to watch the jags game.....

2seaoat

I am spending most of my long weekend time now that my wife is retired in a wonderful outdoor environment. I will be heading down to Marco Island in January, and I will have to check this out. I am debating hauling my RV with the truck(need to take out a loan), or driving the prius and tent camping. We usually always use air mattress, but I have this great chair which I sleep in which is as good as my lazy boy. We bring a marine battery, and have lights and laptop action with our cell phones in some of the most remote areas.

I will try to go to phoenix in late November or early December, but we plan on going to as many cool state parks and campgrounds. While I still can, I am getting outside as much as I can now while I have pretty good strength and I will hike and explore. This is a beautiful country.....we take it for granted....no more.....I am going to be a traveling man this winter.

2seaoat wrote:I am spending most of my long weekend time now that my wife is retired in a wonderful outdoor environment. I will be heading down to Marco Island in January, and I will have to check this out. I am debating hauling my RV with the truck(need to take out a loan), or driving the prius and tent camping. We usually always use air mattress, but I have this great chair which I sleep in which is as good as my lazy boy. We bring a marine battery, and have lights and laptop action with our cell phones in some of the most remote areas.

I will try to go to phoenix in late November or early December, but we plan on going to as many cool state parks and campgrounds. While I still can, I am getting outside as much as I can now while I have pretty good strength and I will hike and explore. This is a beautiful country.....we take it for granted....no more.....I am going to be a traveling man this winter.

seaoat, Id consider it a privilage to meet you when you come down here.

you should check out the park im going to, its between marco/naples and ft myers. I think they have cabins too, not sure. but ill do tent. its the best fun for a large group of overgrown kids lol

seriously, if you come this way, ill treat you and your wife to dinner. Very Happy

2seaoat

I appreciate it but I come here because I can be free to talk freely. If I am known, I will simply disappear from this forum. I will be playing poker this winter and golfing with friends for a couple weeks in the Marco area. Its a little snooty at Marco, and we have talked about getting a condo for a week and sharing it with another couple while we are down there, but I really like the everglades and have a friend with a boat and plan on doing some fishing.....but if I could find a good campground around Everglades city and still be close enough to golf at Fidler's creek. Maybe I will let you know when I am in a poker tournament, and see if you can guess who I am.....you usually find me at the final table...... No No No

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:I hate camping. I did enough "professional camping" as a U.S. Marine to take any and all desire out of me for sleeping on the ground or in a tent.

You and me both! I can't think of anything more boring than camping or uncomfortable than sleeping outside w/ bears lurking to tear you apart. Or snakes! Yuk!

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I got snakes all over camp FEMA. I wouldn't harm a scale on their little hairless heads except for this one nasty cotton mouth that got all belligerent ..he had to go away.
I'll be standing there one minute no snakes anywhere turn around and there one is. I got them from little over 4 foot to a foot or less. They seem to like it there and they were there first.
I don't have a rat problem...

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Dreamsglore wrote:

You and me both! I can't think of anything more boring than camping or uncomfortable than sleeping outside w/ bears lurking to tear you apart. Or snakes! Yuk!

Yep, and ticks and poison ivy. I got my first tick and my first case of poison ivy when I was at The Basic School in Quantico, VA in 1975. We were "camping" on our 3-Day Platoon War, and I stepped out of my foxhole late one night with my E-tool to dig a "cat-hole" so I could deposit some used C-Rations. I squatted over that hole, not knowing I had backed my bare bottom into a poison ivy plant. That was a terrible place to develop my first case of poison ivy.....

No camping for me... The wife likes camping, but she can take the grandkids camping, and I will stay home and watch the cat.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

2seaoat wrote:I appreciate it but I come here because I can be free to talk freely. If I am known, I will simply disappear from this forum. I will be playing poker this winter and golfing with friends for a couple weeks in the Marco area. Its a little snooty at Marco, and we have talked about getting a condo for a week and sharing it with another couple while we are down there, but I really like the everglades and have a friend with a boat and plan on doing some fishing.....but if I could find a good campground around Everglades city and still be close enough to golf at Fidler's creek. Maybe I will let you know when I am in a poker tournament, and see if you can guess who I am.....you usually find me at the final table...... No No No

I understand.

theres a campground on the corner of 41 and collier blv. its a state park. RV set up, tents, laundry, showers all the ammenities. what ever you do there at that one if you go take moquito replelant What a Face

I got my first kiss of my life right there on marco island in the first grade. still rember the boys name. I think I like marco island better than naples. I used to go to a fun place called Stans. decent food, in season they have live music, they rent airboats too. all the tourist go there. they also have a organic vegi stand there sometimes. so not all of marco is snooty,

do let me know, id love to come do that. i went to the poker room at thre dog track with my dad once and I won a tshirt for 4 of a kind Very Happy i was so proud. so i like poker. itll be fun to watch.

The house is quiet now. they were busy getting ready last night. check in is not till 3, but i got to go grocery or my gf does he he

have a good one.

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

Yep, and ticks and poison ivy. I got my first tick and my first case of poison ivy when I was at The Basic School in Quantico, VA in 1975. We were "camping" on our 3-Day Platoon War, and I stepped out of my foxhole late one night with my E-tool to dig a "cat-hole" so I could deposit some used C-Rations. I squatted over that hole, not knowing I had backed my bare bottom into a poison ivy plant. That was a terrible place to develop my first case of poison ivy.....

No camping for me... The wife likes camping, but she can take the grandkids camping, and I will stay home and watch the cat.

I did that and almost died once. im highly alergic to poision ivy, more than the average person. i had to be hospitalized.

i will not be shitting in the woods What a Face

this is civilized camping... not that i cant do the whole rugged bit, but i am not going to cause myself any more stress than needed.

i will have fans and if it gets to hot, ill sleep in my van in the ac lol

im not going to be uncomfortable, much,

they already got smores stuff, they are very excited.

ill admit, im not as fond of this whole outdoors thing as i used to be, specially because the mosqiotos are as large as dogs here.

but i need to get out and away and spend time with the group. and im excited about it to.

Very Happy

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Speaking of s'mores....have you ever tried Nutella (it's hazelnut butter mixed with cocoa and sugar) on graham crackers? It is unbelievable. Better than melted chocolate! I had it for the first time a few days ago, and I'm determined to buy some small marshmallows, put them between two graham crackers slathered with Nutella, nuke the whole shebang and pretend I'm out camping.

Seriously, have fun! I love camping, but I haven't been able to go for years. The last camping trip I had scheduled was for September, 2004, and Ivan intervened.

And I agree....camping ain't camping if you don't have a tent. Unless you're sleeping under the stars, of course!

PBulldog2 wrote:Speaking of s'mores....have you ever tried Nutella (it's hazelnut butter mixed with cocoa and sugar) on graham crackers? It is unbelievable. Better than melted chocolate! I had it for the first time a few days ago, and I'm determined to buy some small marshmallows, put them between two graham crackers slathered with Nutella, nuke the whole shebang and pretend I'm out camping.

Seriously, have fun! I love camping, but I haven't been able to go for years. The last camping trip I had scheduled was for September, 2004, and Ivan intervened.

And I agree....camping ain't camping if you don't have a tent. Unless you're sleeping under the stars, of course!

I havnt, ill get some today and let you know how it goes.

and you should do that whole marshmello pretend camp thing. whatever brings a smile to your face Very Happy

sometimes I wish we had instant messaging in here, like now. id love to talk to you.

ok, have a good one..

2seaoat

I agree, but it is hardly roughing it with the modern lightweight tents and marine batteries. I used to set up with an ice chest full of ice and a fan connected to my marine battery and I would be sittting in the tent with AC in my chair chatting on the internet in the most beautiful natural area.

When I am on the islands I have to cut over 30 acres of grass. It is essential you learn what poison Ivy looks like. I get it about twice a year now, but when I was a kid I would have it all summer and never seemed to be able to get rid of it. My wife discovered a remedy on the internet which is wonderful. You immediately clean up with soap and water after exposure using paper towels, not towels(the oils will reinfect), and then you clean with witchhazel, use an over the counter Ivy application which I believe is called Ivy something, but the most important part is to start taking aspirin for a couple of days. The actual body reaction to the oils is an immune response and the anti inflamatory qualities of the aspirin in conjunction with the other medicines works great. I can now get rid of an exposure area say on my arm in about five days.

OK then I retract my last comment. I will not go camping I will go RVing, since some want to play semantics.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Semantics ?...when you are sitting in your living room in an RV how is that camping? When you have air conditioning and a refrigerator how is that camping. When you are in a house on wheels how is that camping ?...

That's like saying riding a mountain tram is mountain climbing.

TEOTWAWKI wrote:I got snakes all over camp FEMA. I wouldn't harm a scale on their little hairless heads except for this one nasty cotton mouth that got all belligerent ..he had to go away.
I'll be standing there one minute no snakes anywhere turn around and there one is. I got them from little over 4 foot to a foot or less. They seem to like it there and they were there first.

Camp Fema? What is that? I thought you lived in Pace? Why are there snakes all over?Good grief!

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Semantics ?...when you are sitting in your living room in an RV how is that camping? When you have air conditioning and a refrigerator how is that camping. When you are in a house on wheels how is that camping ?...

That's like saying riding a mountain tram is mountain climbing.

When I am someplace in my RV, 90% of the time I am not inside an air conditioned living room with a refrigerator. I spend the majority of my time outside. About the only thing that I do not do outside is sleep, and I have been known to doze off in my hammock ever now and again.

I understand that RVing is not "roughing it" but it is camping nevertheless.

By Definition: Camping is an outdoor recreational activity. The participants leave urban areas, their home region, or civilization and enjoy nature while spending one or several nights outdoors, usually at a campsite. Camping may involve the use of a tent, caravan, motorhome, cabin, a primitive structure, or no shelter at all.

2seaoat

There is a simplicity in camping. I have an RV.....I do not see the logic of an RV. It is a big metal box with all the creature comforts of home which costs more to haul around the country than driving and getting a hotel room. Most straight up rv parks are tin box alleys. I do understand an RV at a seasonal site and yes the kitchen can be very nice in the morning. I like to get off the beaten path and this country is simply beautiful if we get out there. As an Eagle Scout I lived outdoors as a kid as much as I could. I do not trust a person who does not camp or does not drink...........if they do not do one of the two, I figure they are the type of person who puts a dog on top of their car.

This is where Im going camping this weekend Tn10

When I had a Boy Scout troop, we used to have "lights out" camping adventures. Our troop meeting place was at Sunset and Navy Blvd. Some of the boys just did not have much money so we had to devise cost effective camping but still have fun. We would hike to the Camping Area at NAS. They had to carry what they needed except for the tents and sleeping bags. Sometimes we played lights out that meant no flashlights or such. Candles were OK. We mounted them in Tin cans, in front of small mirrors, etc. I dont think we followed the Scout Rule book very close but we did what we had to do. It was a good couple of years, I think I learned more than they did. Once we went to a big Jamboree and my guys were blown away with all the stuff the other troops had.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Dreamsglore wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:I got snakes all over camp FEMA. I wouldn't harm a scale on their little hairless heads except for this one nasty cotton mouth that got all belligerent ..he had to go away.

Camp Fema? What is that? I thought you lived in Pace? Why are there snakes all over?Good grief!

Camp FEMA is my project place..I bought raw land and over a few months have cleared it and setup a shop and a couple trailers as my bugout place...It's still very wild and I like it like that...

This is where Im going camping this weekend Posthole
Imagine this many many times just to install a fence...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum