Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

$15 an hour to work in a restaurant?

+2
Joanimaroni
Nekochan
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

http://freebeacon.com/union-front-groups-agitate-for-higher-restaurant-wages/

How about going to school, improving yourself, and then get into a career field that pays more? Service industry jobs were never meant for anyone to make a career of on the low end of the totem poll. They are easy enough to learn by non-skilled people and that is WHY they pay so little. If your goal is to remain in the restaurant business, get a business degree and move up. Quit asking for $15 an hour to clean the uncleaned restrooms or to put lids on cokes that you are handing out in the drive thru.....

Nekochan

Nekochan

It's just insanity to think that someone owes them $15 an hour to do entry level, low skill work. If you raise wages on the low end, you have to raise them all the way up. Can you imagine the inflation this would cause? That $15 would ultimately not buy them any more than min wage does now.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Now wait a minute you two.   $15.00 an hour to load straws and put drink lids on sounds like a pretty good gig. You don't have to think, no responsibility except making sure you have enough straws. I assume the ice cream station pays $20.00 an hour....it takes some skill to rotate the cone and spiral the ice cream.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

In 1969, the year I landed my first job (farm laborer) I was paid the minimum wage of the day; $1.65 per hour. Adjusted for inflation, this equates to $11.00 per hour in 2013 dollars.

Inflation is insidious and robs everyone; especially those who work in the lower waged sectors of the economy. Thank the Wall Street banksters who run the Federal Reserve. They designed the money system we now have, and used unscrupulous politicians to get it enacted into law. Because of this, your dollar has lost 95% of its value in the last 100 years.

$15.00 per hour seems a bit high for low-wage work, but the present minimum wage buys less than the $1.65 minimum wage did in 1969.

I have no answer for this, but Congressman Paul was all for ending the Fed and renewing the gold standard. Such a move, however, would put the brakes on Big Government and its large military, huge welfare programs, and extended empire.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

boards of FL

boards of FL

For comedic value, I linked this thread to another forum that discusses economics.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:In 1969, the year I landed my first job (farm laborer) I was paid the minimum wage of the day; $1.65 per hour. Adjusted for inflation, this equates to $11.00 per hour in 2013 dollars.

Inflation is insidious and robs everyone; especially those who work in the lower waged sectors of the economy. Thank the Wall Street banksters who run the Federal Reserve. They designed the money system we now have, and used unscrupulous politicians to get it enacted into law. Because of this, your dollar has lost 95% of its value in the last 100 years.

$15.00 per hour seems a bit high for low-wage work, but the present minimum wage buys less than the $1.65 minimum wage did in 1969.

I have no answer for this, but Congressman Paul was all for ending the Fed and renewing the gold standard. Such a move, however, would put the brakes on Big Government and its large military, huge welfare programs, and extended empire.

My first job in high school was working at DAIRY QUEEN. My salary was a whopping 96¢ an hour. I never advanced to the banana split station. After working a week,  I quit.

It was unfortunate....I dropped an order of fries on the floor. I quickly scooped them up and threw them in the garbage.....the owner saw me and got the fries out of the garbage and threw them back in the fryer. He said throwing good food away wasted his profit.  At closing time (10 pm) he handed me the mop and told me I had to mop the kitchen, lobby, and dining area.  I handed it back and told him politely.....not for 96¢ an hour.

Nekochan

Nekochan

boards of FL wrote:For comedic value, I linked this thread to another forum that discusses economics.
Did you also tell them all on the other forum that Happy Meals should be banned?

Nekochan

Nekochan

Joanimaroni wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:In 1969, the year I landed my first job (farm laborer) I was paid the minimum wage of the day; $1.65 per hour. Adjusted for inflation, this equates to $11.00 per hour in 2013 dollars.

My first job in high school was working at DAIRY QUEEN. My salary was a whopping 96¢ an hour. I never advanced to the banana split station. After working a week,  I quit.

It was unfortunate....I dropped an order of fries on the floor. I quickly scooped them up and threw them in the garbage.....the owner saw me and got the fries out of the garbage and threw them back in the fryer. He said throwing good food away wasted his profit.  At closing time (10 pm) he handed me the mop and told me I had to mop the kitchen, lobby, and dining area.  I handed it back and told him politely.....not for 96¢ an hour.
OMG, that's so nasty!
What was your second job?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Nekochan wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

OMG, that's so nasty!  
What was your second job?
 I worked a summer at St. Regis bag plant.....Sheriff Wendall Hall worked there at the time. He was quite the looker. Didn't take me long to figure out blue collar bag inspecting was not what I wanted to do.....but I really did want to make banana splits and ice cream sundaes...they looked like works of art that made people smile.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Nekochan wrote:
boards of FL wrote:For comedic value, I linked this thread to another forum that discusses economics.
Did you also tell them all on the other forum that Happy Meals should be banned?

Or take away McDonald's right to advertise because some parents don't care if they have fat little porkers instead of healthy active kids.

I've never seen boards acknowledge inflation... except to deny or minimize it's existence.

In fact... he doesn't talk much economics... Except to parrot govt math and numbers. it's probably our inadequacy.

Perhaps one of his buddies would speak to the federal reserve or the imf manipulations:

https://pensacoladiscussion.forumotion.com/t9310-boards-and-other-economics-guru-s-please-help

boards of FL

boards of FL

PkrBum wrote:I've never seen boards acknowledge inflation... except to deny or minimize it's existence.

In fact... he doesn't talk much economics... Except to parrot govt math and numbers. it's probably our inadequacy.

Perhaps one of his buddies would speak to the federal reserve or the imf manipulations:

https://pensacoladiscussion.forumotion.com/t9310-boards-and-other-economics-guru-s-please-help

When have I ever refused to acknowledge inflation?

You are correct in that I don't talk economics as much anymore. What's the point?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PkrBum wrote:I've never seen boards acknowledge inflation... except to deny or minimize it's existence.

He can post charts and graphs.

no stress

no stress

Joanimaroni wrote:

He can post charts and graphs.
cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers 

Markle

Markle

Do everyone a favor and do away with the minimum wage.

Markle

Markle

Joanimaroni wrote:

So you were to good to mop a floor. What did you do for money the next week?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum