Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gun carrying man stops stabbing spree

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

no stress

no stress

Gun carrying man ends stabbing spree at Salt Lake grocery store

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Story Comments

Print Story

Updated: 4/27 12:26 pm | Published: 4/26 8:20 pm

Reported by: Don Hudson

Video
Images

Gun carrying man ends stabbing spree at Salt Lake grocery st

SALT LAKE CITY (ABC 4 News) - A citizen with a gun stopped a knife wielding man as he began stabbing people Thursday evening at the downtown Salt Lake City Smith's store.

Police say the suspect purchased a knife inside the store and then turned it into a weapon. Smith's employee Dorothy Espinoza says, "He pulled it out and stood outside the Smiths in the foyer. And just started stabbing people and yelling you killed my people. You killed my people."

Espinoza says, the knife wielding man seriously injured two people. "There is blood all over. One got stabbed in the stomach and got stabbed in the head and held his hands and got stabbed all over the arms."

Then, before the suspect could find another victim - a citizen with a gun stopped the madness. "A guy pulled gun on him and told him to drop his weapon or he would shoot him. So, he dropped his weapon and the people from Smith's grabbed him."

By the time officers arrived the suspect had been subdued by employees and shoppers. Police had high praise for gun carrying man who ended the hysteria. Lt. Brian Purvis said, "This was a volatile situation that could have gotten worse. We can only assume from what we saw it could have gotten worse. He was definitely in the right place at the right time."

Dozens of other shoppers, who too could have become victims, are also thankful for the gun carrying man. And many, like Danylle Julian, are still in shock from the experience. "Scary actually. Really scary. Five minutes before I walk out to my car. It could have been me."

Police say right now they have no idea what caused the suspect to go on the dangerous rampage. (We will update as soon as we learn new information.)

So far, police have not released the names of the suspect, the victims or the man who pulled the gun.

Hope that scumbag attacker gets life in prison. Kudos to the hero with the gun. He should have blasted him anyways. Would have saved money on a trial.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Actually in Florida you are not supposed to pull your gun to intimidate someone so I guess if this guy was in Florida he would go to jail with the stabber...

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Actually in Florida you are not supposed to pull your gun to intimidate someone so I guess if this guy was in Florida he would go to jail with the stabber...

I do not agree. If the guy was attacking (attempted murder, actually) then hy would the gunman go to jail too? The gunman saved people's lives.

no stress

no stress

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Actually in Florida you are not supposed to pull your gun to intimidate someone so I guess if this guy was in Florida he would go to jail with the stabber...

Florida law allows you to use up to lethal force to stop a forceable felony.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Dang I should have read the law... I didn't have to take the firearms course. It says if you are a veteran the state is under Shall Issue orders to give you a concealed permit..All I needed was a DD214..

790.062 Members and veterans of United States Armed Forces; exceptions from licensure provisions.—
(1) Notwithstanding s. 790.06(2)(b), the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services shall issue a license to carry a concealed weapon or firearm under s. 790.06 if the applicant is otherwise qualified and:
(a) Is a servicemember, as defined in s. 250.01; or
(b) Is a veteran of the United States Armed Forces who was discharged under honorable conditions.
(2) The Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services shall accept fingerprints of an applicant under this section administered by any law enforcement agency, military provost, or other military unit charged with law enforcement duties or as otherwise provided for in s. 790.06(5)(c).
History.—s. 1, ch. 2012-108.

no stress

no stress

They will also accept a hunter safety course. I buddy of mine had his DD214 and still took the course from Ron Beermunder. Ron's class is long but he puts about six hours of the legalities of carrying in his course.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Gunz wrote:They will also accept a hunter safety course. I buddy of mine had his DD214 and still took the course from Ron Beermunder. Ron's class is long but he puts about six hours of the legalities of carrying in his course.

See what you learn on a forum ? could save someone a bunch of time and loot.

no stress

no stress

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Gunz wrote:They will also accept a hunter safety course. I buddy of mine had his DD214 and still took the course from Ron Beermunder. Ron's class is long but he puts about six hours of the legalities of carrying in his course.

See what you learn on a forum ? could save someone a bunch of time and loot.

We be jus like GEICO!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum