Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

While the NRA Was Holding Its Presser on Shooting Spree ... There Was Another Shooting Spree

4 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Sal

Sal

Oops.

The National Rifle Association today held its first press conference since last week's deadly shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary, and the takeaway was clear: We need more guns.

"The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun," said NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre.

He went on to call for an armed police officer to be stationed in "every single school" across America to prevent further mass shootings, as critics tried to point out that armed law enforcement officials might not be the panacea the NRA thinks it is.

But before they could finish their sentence, the counterargument made itself as news broke of a mass shooting event in Pennsylvania with multiple casualties, including state troopers.

According to local reports out of Blair County, at least four people were killed and five more were injured in a shooting spree near Altoona. The gunman is said to be among the dead, and at least two state troopers were hospitalized with non-life-threatening injuries.

WPXI's Courtney Brennan says she was told by emergency officials that the shooting suspect "was 'mobile' at one point and went up and down a rural road and shot victims."

No additional information is available at this time, but a spokeswoman told the Altoona Mirror it was "a relatively large crime scene."

Meanwhile, back at the NRA press conference, LaPierre was blaming anything and everything for the Sandy Hook massacre except guns.

http://gawker.com/nra/

no stress

no stress

I'll bet you're hoping he used a black rifle. You know, with clips and stuff.

2seaoat

Police in the hospital......and all we need is more guns. Talk to an patrol officer who is one of two people on duty in a rural area about how insane it is to approach a vehicle and not know if this is going to be the day you are going to be fired upon. We need vehicle and gun safety laws which are common sense and we need to take small and steady steps to reduce vehicle and gun deaths in America.......SAFETY.......not more guns......or more police to arrest drunk drivers......it does not work. We need 100% firearm registration.....we have the same with vehicles.....we need technology to guide us with biometric triggers and chips.......we need dynamic smart Foid cards which close the gun show loophole and allow 40% of guns to transfer without accountability.....and we need to have modules in our vehicles which can offer a comprehensive safety checkpoint which allows every American to legally own their guns, and drive with the knowledge that their family is not at risk from a drunk driver.

Sal

Sal

I guess we need "armed police officers" to protect our state troopers too.

2seaoat

I'll bet you're hoping he used a black rifle. You know, with clips and stuff.

Gunz....you work with LEOs everyday.....those two officers in the hospital have to wake up every day not knowing if they are going to face a whacked armed citizen, and can you honestly tell me that most LEO are not advocating for real gun safety rules?

2seaoat wrote:Police in the hospital......and all we need is more guns. Talk to an patrol officer who is one of two people on duty in a rural area about how insane it is to approach a vehicle and not know if this is going to be the day you are going to be fired upon. We need vehicle and gun safety laws which are common sense and we need to take small and steady steps to reduce vehicle and gun deaths in America.......SAFETY.......not more guns......or more police to arrest drunk drivers......it does not work. We need 100% firearm registration.....we have the same with vehicles.....we need technology to guide us with biometric triggers and chips.......we need dynamic smart Foid cards which close the gun show loophole and allow 40% of guns to transfer without accountability.....and we need to have modules in our vehicles which can offer a comprehensive safety checkpoint which allows every American to legally own their guns, and drive with the knowledge that their family is not at risk from a drunk driver.

none of this shit is going to work. your solution is a police state where everything and one is rfid

we have moral corrosion and a bad economy. expect more shit as the country continues to be killed off.

its always patch patch patch. never solving problems by looking at the cause, just treating the symtoms.

2seaoat

none of this shit is going to work. your solution is a police state

We regulate vehicles and the vast majority of Americans live healthier lives because we do this effectively. Are you suggesting that we can register vehicles, but we cannot register guns? Are you suggesting that we can implement safety features on vehicles, but we cannot implement safety features on guns? Are you suggesting that having qualifications for driving a car does not exist, and having qualifications for gun ownership cannot work?
We suspend driving privileges and have mechanisms for enforcement, are you suggesting that we cannot take guns away from a felon, or can a 8 year old child freely walk the streets with a gun?

Responsible regulation always works.....sure we will read about a ten year old who took a joy ride in his parents car.....but this is the exception. Please do not apply the exception as your rule of logic....it simply does not work.

Taking guns away from those of us who are law abiding citizens will only encourage the people initiating these events that continue to occur. When perps know that the average citizen cannot protect themselves, it will be a free-for-all against people who follow the law.

Eff giving up my guns. You won't get them and I own a crap-ton of land where you will never find them if you try to do so.

2seaoat wrote:I'll bet you're hoping he used a black rifle. You know, with clips and stuff.

Gunz....you work with LEOs everyday.....those two officers in the hospital have to wake up every day not knowing if they are going to face a whacked armed citizen, and can you honestly tell me that most LEO are not advocating for real gun safety rules?

Most of the LEOs that I have heard speak about guns they just about all of them talk about assault weapons and not handguns. A police chief was speaking last night on TV and all that he mentioned was banning assault weapons in the hands of citizens.

2seaoat wrote:none of this shit is going to work. your solution is a police state

We regulate vehicles and the vast majority of Americans live healthier lives because we do this effectively. Are you suggesting that we can register vehicles, but we cannot register guns? Are you suggesting that we can implement safety features on vehicles, but we cannot implement safety features on guns? Are you suggesting that having qualifications for driving a car does not exist, and having qualifications for gun ownership cannot work?
We suspend driving privileges and have mechanisms for enforcement, are you suggesting that we cannot take guns away from a felon, or can a 8 year old child freely walk the streets with a gun?

Responsible regulation always works.....sure we will read about a ten year old who took a joy ride in his parents car.....but this is the exception. Please do not apply the exception as your rule of logic....it simply does not work.

...registering cars hasn't worked with illegal Mexicans has it? How many accidents occur just in our area with illegals driving without a license, tag, and registration? Lots. Ask the local insurance agents.

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
2seaoat wrote:I'll bet you're hoping he used a black rifle. You know, with clips and stuff.

Most of the LEOs that I have heard speak about guns they just about all of them talk about assault weapons and not handguns. A police chief was speaking last night on TV and all that he mentioned was banning assault weapons in the hands of citizens.

Assualt weapons are hardly as powerful as that deer rifle you can buy locally at numerous places.

Good Luck with Chips and RFIs.. Damn guys can not even keep the phones working.

Santa Rosa Sheriff’s Office Has Major Phone Problems
December 20, 2012
The Santa Rosa County Sheriff’s Office is experiencing major technical issues with their phone system, which is in the process of extensive repair.
Officials said late Wednesday night that all non-emergency numbers may not work and it may be impossible to reach dispatch for services using regular phone numbers. Officials said if a regular number does not connect, call one of these alternative numbers to connect to dispatch

2seaoat

...registering cars hasn't worked with illegal Mexicans has it? How many accidents occur just in our area with illegals driving without a license, tag, and registration? Lots. Ask the local insurance agents.

Overall our vehicle registry systems work very good, but you are correct....it is very difficult to enforce if we do not have better methods of implementing policy and regulation. A control module in a car would match the insurance card, the driver's license, and the cars registration. If these were not valid......the car simply would not start, and we could easily put in an emergency over ride which would transmit that an illegal car was moving on a public highway........having thousands of law enforcement having to chase non compliant drivers after the fact does not work. We need to stop illegal or impaired drivers from operating their vehicles. The technology is here today.....and we could fund the implementation of the program with the cost savings of stopping drunk drivers, and illegal drivers without insurance from operating motor vehicles.

2seaoat

Assault weapons are hardly as powerful as that deer rifle you can buy locally at numerous places.

You get out of your car with your deer rifle 30-06 and have the bad guy get out of their car with an m-16.......who do you think is going to have the highest probability of walking away from this confrontation?

2seaoat wrote:Assault weapons are hardly as powerful as that deer rifle you can buy locally at numerous places.

You get out of your car with your deer rifle 30-06 and have the bad guy get out of their car with an m-16.......who do you think is going to have the highest probability of walking away from this confrontation?

Does my deer rifle have a scope?Doesn't matter though. I know my car door and hardware will stop .223, but his car door and hardware will not stop .270, 30-06, or 30-08. Even if he hides like the Taliban behind his door, he will still have holes in him.

Have you noticed that these shooters aren't going to parking lots and taking on people from long range? 100 meters or more? No, they are spraying and praying for the most part and with the proximity of targets being point blank in classrooms and such, well, hell even the Blind Sheik could hit something.

2seaoat wrote:Assault weapons are hardly as powerful as that deer rifle you can buy locally at numerous places.

Oh and an assualt weapon is NOT an M-16.

no stress

no stress

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:

That was GBPD chief. PPD and ECSO do NOT support an assault weapons ban

Gunz wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:

GB has no crime aside from kids who roll houses with toilet paper or speeders.

no stress

no stress

See? This is what we are dealing with my friends. An ignorant , uneducated group when it comes to guns trying to dictate to the rest of us. Seaoat, who in the hell has a damn M-16 besides collectors? Do you realize the red tape and expense involved in obtaining an M-16. Let me answer for you. No, because you think an M-16 is no different than an AR 15 type rifle.

no stress

no stress

[quote="PACEDOG#1"]
Gunz wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:

That was GBPD chief. PPD and ECSO do NOT support an assault weapons ban[/quote

GB has no crime aside from kids who roll houses with toilet paper or speeders.

true, but that fact doesnt stop him from wanting your AR 15

Let's just deem the entire country a safe zone... police and govt and secret service won't need guns either. It's gonna be awesome.

Gunz wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:

You may be right about the locals, but the chief I was referring to was somewhere in the northeast.

no stress

no stress

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
Gunz wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:

You may be right about the locals, but the chief I was referring to was somewhere in the northeast.

Roger that. I thought you were talking about the PNJs interviews of the local chiefs yesterday.

Sal

Sal

Gunz wrote:because you think an M-16 is no different than an AR 15 type rifle.

Is an M-16 not an AR-15 type rifle?

That might come as news to Eugene Stoner.

no stress

no stress

Sal wrote:
Gunz wrote:because you think an M-16 is no different than an AR 15 type rifle.

Is an M-16 not an AR-15 type rifle?

That might come as news to Eugene Stoner.

Different on many levels Sal. Although thay look very similar

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum