Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The thing that finally got me off tobacco for good.

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I've tried e-cigarettes before and they just didn't do it.
But then I got this one and that did it. The proof is Sunday someone came by with real cigarettes and accidentally left what was thought to be an empty pack but it had one in it. I smoked it and actually like the e-cigarette I'm on now better. So my days of smoking tobacco are now over.

http://www.ecigpros.com/

Yella

Yella

Bob wrote:I've tried e-cigarettes before and they just didn't do it.
But then I got this one and that did it. The proof is Sunday someone came by with real cigarettes and accidentally left what was thought to be an empty pack but it had one in it. I smoked it and actually like the e-cigarette I'm on now better. So my days of smoking tobacco are now over.

Stick with the collards, bubba.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Yella wrote:

Stick with the collards, bubba.
I like collards and turnips and just about all greens and any other plant material, yella, but tobacco is no longer on my diet.

Bullshit! I'll bet you $20... even money... that you will go back to tobacco. I have seen you dig too many butts out of the ashtray and relight cigar butts when they are an inch long.

The thing that finally got me off tobacco for good. Skelto10

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Yomama wrote:

Bullshit! I'll bet you $20... even money... that you will go back to tobacco.
I'll go you even one better. I'll put up my $40 against your $20 that one month from now I will not have smoked a whole cigarette, a whole cigar, a part of a cigarette or a part of a cigar. Only this e-cigarette.
And I'll have your son to partly thank for winning this bet because if he hadn't prodded me on the e-cig to start with I would never have found the one that worked. So when the time comes you can give him half the $20 as a reward.

Bob wrote:
Yomama wrote:

Bullshit! I'll bet you $20... even money... that you will go back to tobacco.
I'll go you even one better. I'll put up my $40 against your $20 that one month from now I will not have smoked a whole cigarette, a whole cigar, a part of a cigarette or a part of a cigar. Only this e-cigarette.
And I'll have your son to partly thank for winning this bet because if he hadn't prodded me on the e-cig to start with I would never have found the one that worked. So when the time comes you can give him half the $20 as a reward.

It's a bet, then. Easy money. Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Yomama wrote:

It's a bet, then. Easy money. Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised
Actually this time the bet is not even fair. As I said in an earlier post, On Sunday I smoked a cigarette and I honestly and truly did not prefer it to the fake cigarette. So there is no longer any reason for me to ever want to smoke a tobacco cigarette. The temptation is no more.
Especially since the tobacco cigarette is a whole lot more dangerous to my health.

It's because The experience of smoking it is just as pleasurable as a real cigarette. The ones before this were just not as pleasurable as tobacco. This time it doesn't take any will power (which I have very little of) to make the switch.
I understand why you're hard-pressed to believe this to be the case. I never believed this to be the case either before I found this one.

http://www.primehealthchannel.com/electronic-cigarette-dangers-and-side-effects.html

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Lurch wrote:http://www.primehealthchannel.com/electronic-cigarette-dangers-and-side-effects.html
Shit. The bet's now off and I'm headed to CVS to get me a pack of Marlboros. I knew this was too good to be true.

Bob wrote:
Lurch wrote:http://www.primehealthchannel.com/electronic-cigarette-dangers-and-side-effects.html
Shit. The bet's now off and I'm headed to CVS to get me a pack of Marlboros. I knew this was too good to be true.

I KNEW it was bullshit. Bob was just looking for any excuse he could find to go back to tobacco.

Here you go Bob. A PILE of bullshit...

The thing that finally got me off tobacco for good. Bullsh10

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Just kidding.
The main problem with e-cigs, and it's referred to in your link, lurch, is the ethylene glycol which produces the vapor.
The one I'm using has replaced that and uses vegetable glycerin.

And yes I realize this thing is not exactly as good for you as eating an apple. lol
And it still has me addicted to nicotine.
But I'm convinced that it's a whole lot better than smoking tobacco. I think the harm of this is no more than chewing nicotine gum.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

So the bet's still on, Eric. Cool

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

What I'm breathing in now is nicotine combined with this...

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-vegetable-glycerin.htm

Markle

Markle

One of the few vices I never tried. I grew up when almost EVERYONE smoked everywhere. My Ol' Man told me when I was about 9 that he wasn't going to try and stop me I just had to buy my own cigarettes. Between both my parents they smoked two to three cartons a week. It would have been easy to steal a few here and there. Maybe it was the thrill of doing something "wrong" was gone. I started with a paper route when I was 10 and working at a fist farm when I was 13 and it just seemed to be a lot of money just going up in smoke.

I still believe that a private business should be allowed to permit smoking in their establishment.

Don't the e-cigarette have nicotine?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Markle wrote:

Don't the e-cigarette have nicotine?
Yes, I'm still addicted to nicotine. But the upside is that I'm not getting all the poisons from tobacco smoke.
The goal is to dial down the nicotine content over time. I'm starting with the level of 18 mg. Later I'll drop that to 12 mg and then 6 mg. And many people even go to the very last level of smoking the e-cig with no nicotine content.
What the e-cig does that the nicotine gum and lozenges don't do is provide all the experience of smoking tobacco without actually smoking tobacco.
I still hold the "cigarette" and have the illusion of inhaling the tobacco smoke.
That's psyhologically about half the addiction with the other half being the chemical dependence on the nicotine.

Markle

Markle

I mentioned that somehow I never smoked.

Thinking about it I remembered when I worked on the fish farm. It was in South Miami and they raised tropical fish and plants to ship all over the United States to pet shops.

There were about sixty large concrete pools which were about 12' wide by 50' long and 4' deep. The bottom was covered with about 3" of top soil, then about 6" of a special sand they used. The pool was then filled with water and whatever plant was going in that pool was planted about 1' apart. Live bearing tropical fish were introduced to breed then be caught by big nets, sorted, packaged and shipped.

There was a parasite which could get into a pool. It was called gammarus of which there are hundreds species. It looks like a tiny shrimp about a quarter of an in at most. It fed on the plants so it was a serious problem when it would turn up in a pool. It would leave holes in the leaves making them unsaleable.

The way we would kill them off was with...liquid nicotine. We would catch as many of the fish out of the pool as possible. We then would drain the pool down to about a foot of water. Remember, these were 12'x50' pools.

We could buy pure, liquid nicotine at the time in a half pint bottle. We then put two tablespoons-full of the nicotine in the pool. It would not kill the plants but would stunt their growth for a month or so. But it killed every other living thing in the pool and the pool would stink like an old smoke filled bar.

After a couple of days we'd drain all the water out and fill it again. We'd do that a few times and then let the pool sit without fish for a couple weeks, the residual nicotine would evaporate and we'd put the fish back again.

Probably illegal today but it sure was effective.

Last edited by Markle on 9/4/2012, 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Markle wrote:I mentioned that somehow I never smoked.

Thinking about it I remembered when I worked on the first farm. It was in South Miami and they raised tropical fish and plants to ship all over the United States to pet shops.

There were about sixty large concrete pools which were about 12' wide by 50' long and 4' deep. The bottom was covered with about 3" of top soil, then about 6" of a special sand they used. The pool was then filled with water and whatever plant was going in that pool was planted about 1' apart. Live bearing tropical fish were introduced to breed then be caught by big nets, sorted, packaged and shipped.

There was a parasite which could get into a pool. It was called gammarus of which there are hundreds species. It looks like a tiny shrimp about a quarter of an in at most. It fed on the plants so it was a serious problem when it would turn up in a pool. It would leave holes in the leaves making them unsaleable.

The way we would kill them off was with...liquid nicotine. We would catch as many of the fish out of the pool as possible. We then would drain the pool down to about a foot of water. Remember, these were 12'x50' pools.

We could buy pure, liquid nicotine at the time in a half pint bottle. We then put two tablespoons-full of the nicotine in the pool. It would not kill the plants but would stunt their growth for a month or so. But it killed every other living thing in the pool and the pool would stink like an old smoke filled bar.

After a couple of days we'd drain all the water out and fill it again. We'd do that a few times and then let the pool sit without fish for a couple weeks, the residual nicotine would evaporate and we'd put the fish back again.

Probably illegal today but it sure was effective.

The most commonly used blood thinner which prevents blood clots and strokes and keeps people with heart disease alive was once the most widely used rat poison in the world.

Yella

Yella

Yomama wrote:
Bob wrote:

I KNEW it was bullshit. Bob was just looking for any excuse he could find to go back to tobacco.

I betcha that pile of chit tastes better'n a Marlboro.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

Yella wrote:
Yomama wrote:
Bob wrote:

I betcha that pile of chit tastes better'n a Marlboro.

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum