Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What do you do to de-stress?

+7
PBulldog2
Joanimaroni
Granny4Peace
Slicef18
Hospital Bob
no stress
gulfbeachbandit
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1What do you do to de-stress? Empty What do you do to de-stress? 7/26/2012, 7:52 pm

Ideas?

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Pick on the less fortunate, unintelligent, borderline retarded people like dreamsglore and floridatexan.

That's how I unwind after a hard days work.

That's private! :-o

riceme wrote:That's private! :-o

You can tell me in private. I wont tell. Razz

no stress

no stress

Shoot my guns, kayak the local creeks and spend time with my family.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I select A22 on my jukebox...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_HbVnQdGaE&feature=related

ButtMan wrote:I select A22 on my jukebox...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_HbVnQdGaE&feature=related

Thank you Bob, im listening to it now second time

hugs

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Chrissy8 wrote:

hugs
hugs to you, sweetie. this one's for you. B2 on the Rockola.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWKJJplYfNM&feature=related

Ride my Bicycles. I have about 5 of them. Someimes I like to ride the bigger tired Mountain bike and ride downtown other places and just look around. Other times I ride my road bike and try to put on some miles But all of it is good. It is hard to describe but once you get a bicycle that fits and you can ride for a hour or so, it is really neat. I guess it is like when runners get in the "zone". I use a program called Runkeeper to log my activity's. It is free and works great. You can also use it for walking, running,whatever Since June of last year I have rode 2310 miles, This year since January I have ridden 1,285 taking about 115 hours. 5 and 10 mile rides add up for a good total pretty quick. My times are slow because I sometimes stop and gawk about. Cycling is a lot of fun.....

10What do you do to de-stress? Empty Re: What do you do to de-stress? 7/26/2012, 9:44 pm

no stress

no stress

hallmarkgrad wrote:Ride my Bicycles. I have about 5 of them. Someimes I like to ride the bigger tired Mountain bike and ride downtown other places and just look around. Other times I ride my road bike and try to put on some miles But all of it is good. It is hard to describe but once you get a bicycle that fits and you can ride for a hour or so, it is really neat. I guess it is like when runners get in the "zone". I use a program called Runkeeper to log my activity's. It is free and works great. You can also use it for walking, running,whatever Since June of last year I have rode 2310 miles, This year since January I have ridden 1,285 taking about 115 hours. 5 and 10 mile rides add up for a good total pretty quick. My times are slow because I sometimes stop and gawk about. Cycling is a lot of fun.....

Have you seen the new bikes with the 31 inch tires? They look like they have motorcycle tires on them. I just sold my motorized bike but plan on building another. It got about 125 miles to the gallon and would go about 28 mph. very fun on these country roads where I live.

11What do you do to de-stress? Empty Re: What do you do to de-stress? 7/26/2012, 9:51 pm

Gunz wrote:Shoot my guns, kayak the local creeks and spend time with my family.

Oh, I forgot about that... I also go shooting. That is a GREAT stress-reliever. Right up there with sex and/or masturbation (previously posted as "private"... what the hell, I only know two of you all here, and they certainly know that about me).

Wink

And, I listen to low-key music. Ooo... forgot: I love to drive up to one of the mtn peaks and watch the sunset. My favorite is to go up to where the local herd of elk hang out. Soo relaxing and fun!

Last edited by riceme on 7/26/2012, 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

12What do you do to de-stress? Empty Re: What do you do to de-stress? 7/26/2012, 9:52 pm

Yes I have saw the 31 inch bike, just photos. . Really look neat. Not the same but how about a 36incher? Video sucks Just the first part is pk sorry

Last edited by hallmarkgrad on 7/26/2012, 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

13What do you do to de-stress? Empty Re: What do you do to de-stress? 7/26/2012, 9:54 pm

Chrissy8 wrote:

PSHAW! I'm POSITIVE that you already guessed Chrissy, because you're just as (or more) filthy as I am, but I wrote it above before I saw your comment.

Like a Star @ heaven

14What do you do to de-stress? Empty Re: What do you do to de-stress? 7/26/2012, 10:05 pm

A good tussle in the hay with the little lady drains all my tensions... even enough to make my nose run.

Later on, a good strong blender of frozen margaritas, shared with good friends and good music surely takes the edge off. cheers

15What do you do to de-stress? Empty Re: What do you do to de-stress? 7/26/2012, 10:37 pm

Yomama wrote:A good tussle in the hay with the little lady drains all my tensions... even enough to make my nose run.

Later on, a good strong blender of frozen margaritas, shared with good friends and good music surely takes the edge off. cheers

So glad that someone else can admit that sex or masturbation (I'm a single girl at the moment) is a fantastic stress-reliever! Wink

Whadda we got here, a buncha prudes?? I expected Chrissy (SHE'S surely no prude!) to be the first to second my vote, and TEO to follow shortly!

16What do you do to de-stress? Empty Re: What do you do to de-stress? 7/27/2012, 3:18 am

riceme wrote:
Chrissy8 wrote:

PSHAW! I'm POSITIVE that you already guessed Chrissy, because you're just as (or more) filthy as I am, but I wrote it above before I saw your comment.

Like a Star @ heaven

I still want all the details. You and Az can meet me in the chat tonight and give them up Razz

Its soley for medical research Wink

17What do you do to de-stress? Empty Re: What do you do to de-stress? 7/27/2012, 3:50 am

Chrissy8 wrote:

I still want all the details. You and Az can meet me in the chat tonight and give them up Razz

Its soley for medical research Wink

You forget, Chrissy. I'm wise to your antics. LOL! I ain't tellin' you nuttin'! This is all you get and you can take from this whatever you will!

I did totally forget there was a chat on this forum, though. If Az will agree to it, I'll sign in to a chat if I don't go out.

Like a Star @ heaven riceme

PS: I put some new music in the Music section.

18What do you do to de-stress? Empty Re: What do you do to de-stress? 7/27/2012, 4:09 am

Slicef18

Slicef18

My secret to destressing is to NOT become stressed. Ya see, 95% of all stress is anticipatory and never comes to fruition. In other words, we worry about stuff that never happens. Example: We go to the doctor and he orders a bunch of "fasting" blood work to be done. A week later we get a message the blood work is back and the doctor wants us to come in as soon as possible. Our brain goes right to "CANCER" when actually the doctor really wants to go over your slight elevated cholesterol. Or while sitting around the dining table at dinner time, your 16 year old daughter looks down at her lap and says, "Guess what?" She then announces she thinks she's getting a "C" in Chemistry on her report card.

19What do you do to de-stress? Empty Re: What do you do to de-stress? 7/27/2012, 4:19 am

Slicef18 wrote:My secret to destressing is to NOT become stressed. Ya see, 95% of all stress is anticipatory and never comes to fruition. In other words, we worry about stuff that never happens. Example: We go to the doctor and he orders a bunch of "fasting" blood work to be done. A week later we get a message the blood work is back and the doctor wants us to come in as soon as possible. Our brain goes right to "CANCER" when actually the doctor really wants to go over your slight elevated cholesterol. Or while sitting around the dining table at dinner time, your 16 year old daughter looks down at her lap and says, "Guess what?" She then announces she thinks she's getting a "C" in Chemistry on her report card.

Ummmm.... Can you please detail for me the secret to not becoming stressed under such circumstances, or more specifically, under horrible work circumstances, or under crappo relationship circumstances??

I love you Thanks!

(LOL!)

20What do you do to de-stress? Empty Re: What do you do to de-stress? 7/27/2012, 4:37 am

Slicef18

Slicef18

riceme wrote:
Slicef18 wrote:My secret to destressing is to NOT become stressed. Ya see, 95% of all stress is anticipatory and never comes to fruition. In other words, we worry about stuff that never happens. Example: We go to the doctor and he orders a bunch of "fasting" blood work to be done. A week later we get a message the blood work is back and the doctor wants us to come in as soon as possible. Our brain goes right to "CANCER" when actually the doctor really wants to go over your slight elevated cholesterol. Or while sitting around the dining table at dinner time, your 16 year old daughter looks down at her lap and says, "Guess what?" She then announces she thinks she's getting a "C" in Chemistry on her report card.

Ummmm.... Can you please detail for me the secret to not becoming stressed under such circumstances, or more specifically, under horrible work circumstances, or under crappo relationship circumstances??

I love you Thanks!

(LOL!)

Sure. Stress is caused by a fear of outcome. I know it's easier said than done, but the secret is to separate yourself from the situation that is causing the conditions of stress. I had to do that with a job back in 1978 and I never looked back. I'm sure many others are still there or dead from the stress, because STRESS KILLS. The person that was causing the majority of my stress was 6 months younger than I. He's been dead for 5 years.

21What do you do to de-stress? Empty Re: What do you do to de-stress? 7/27/2012, 5:06 am

Slicef18 wrote:
Sure. Stress is caused by a fear of outcome. I know it's easier said than done, but the secret is to separate yourself from the situation that is causing the conditions of stress. I had to do that with a job back in 1978 and I never looked back. I'm sure many others are still there or dead from the stress, because STRESS KILLS. The person that was causing the majority of my stress was 6 months younger than I. He's been dead for 5 years.

Hmm, okay. Thank you, but I don't think that's going to "get it" for me. I was "trained" very badly. Many of the posters here already know it (even though I can't recognize them because they're posting incognito from PNJ and other local Pensacola forums), but since that's the case I may as well say that I worked for GE Wind for about 10-years before I left to work for Siemens Wind Power for a year-long contract before I could finally (after 7-8 years in FL and KS) get myself back home. Those are absolutely, positively two of the very worst companies to develop work habits, and I still haven't been able to determine which was worse.

My work habits have ruined several relationships (well, to be honest, that was helped along by my ex-husband and a couple ex-boyfriends being absolute unforgivable jackasses, but still, my work habits helped nothing, particularly in my marriage). My mom reminds me all the time that (particularly because I have seizures that are usually brought on by stress) I need to change my work habits, but I legitimately do not know how to do it. It's like it's ingrained in me to work around the clock, every day. It's what I learned at GE, and it was reinforced at Siemens, and I just can't break the habit. It's like the worst kind of drug! I don't even WANT it! I want so badly to be rid of it, and can't find any way to do so.

Do you know what I'm talking about? I kind of suspect that you do.

22What do you do to de-stress? Empty Re: What do you do to de-stress? 7/27/2012, 7:03 am

Slicef18

Slicef18

Riceme,
Thank you for your candid reply. Americans are the most efficient and productive workers on the planet. That productivity came at a cost in health, and relationships. We have built a philosophy that the harder one works, the better person they will be. That is not true and burning the candle at both ends makes the drip go twice as fast. Stress is a self imposed event. Remember, people can only treat you as bad as you let them. I tell some people, "Ask yourself, will this make any difference in 30 days?"
Good Luck
BTW Let me know if you want to email talk off this site.

23What do you do to de-stress? Empty Re: What do you do to de-stress? 7/27/2012, 9:40 am

Slicef18 wrote:Riceme,
Thank you for your candid reply. Americans are the most efficient and productive workers on the planet. That productivity came at a cost in health, and relationships. We have built a philosophy that the harder one works, the better person they will be. That is not true and burning the candle at both ends makes the drip go twice as fast. Stress is a self imposed event. Remember, people can only treat you as bad as you let them. I tell some people, "Ask yourself, will this make any difference in 30 days?"
Good Luck
BTW Let me know if you want to email talk off this site.

Thank you!

Everything you said makes perfect sense to me. Maybe I need to print this out and tape it on the monitor of my laptop or something.

I may well want to email "offline" as they say. But I'm a little weird about giving my email address out... Let's wait and see. Thanks again, I really appreciate your responses!

24What do you do to de-stress? Empty Re: What do you do to de-stress? 7/27/2012, 9:44 am

Granny4Peace

Granny4Peace

I am a 13 year ovarian cancer survivor. I know there is no hard and fast medical evidence that stress causes cancer, but I swear that it triggered it, or, at the very least, contributed to it. I had just come through a miserable 18 year marriage, had an extremely stressful job, putting myself through school and trying to "make it" on my own after marriage and raising two kids. It was when I met my present husband that my life settled down and my job situation improved that it happened. Less than 90 days after our wedding, I was diagnosed with the Big C.

I knew I was going to have to take steps to de-stress to get through it all. I used progressive relaxation tapes, guided imagery and meditation. It helped a lot. I still use them all to attempt to deal with a chronic pain problem that started after my nine months of chemotherapy.

I believe Slice is right. Stress kills!

Take care of yourself, Rice. I care about you. flower

25What do you do to de-stress? Empty Re: What do you do to de-stress? 7/27/2012, 9:56 am

Thanks, Granny. I've no doubt that stress kills. My sister and I both get seizures that are stress-related (mine are life threatening, as they always last well over a minute, and more life five minutes... I think any seizure over 20-seconds is considered life threatening). Also, I have seen colleagues have heart attacks and strokes... young folks, too. Absolutely stress related. Scary stuff.

I'm glad you found a way to de-stress your life. I can't sit still long enough to meditate... I have ants in my pants Smile.

I care about you, too, Gran. Thanks.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum