Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Funny or Sad?

+3
Joanimaroni
Sal
Nekochan
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Funny or Sad? Empty Funny or Sad? 6/7/2013, 3:30 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

http://nation.foxnews.com/2013/06/07/%E2%80%9Cuhhh%E2%80%A6uh%E2%80%A6uhhh%E2%80%A6people%E2%80%9D-obama-total-loss-words-when-staff-forgets-his-speech

2Funny or Sad? Empty Re: Funny or Sad? 6/7/2013, 3:36 pm

Sal

Sal

Funny!

The Prez handled what could've been an awkward moment with this usual aplomb and good humor.

3Funny or Sad? Empty Re: Funny or Sad? 6/7/2013, 3:37 pm

Telling....

4Funny or Sad? Empty Re: Funny or Sad? 6/7/2013, 3:41 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

OK, Sal. Suspect

5Funny or Sad? Empty Re: Funny or Sad? 6/7/2013, 3:45 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Makes you wonder if he had any idea what he was going to say.

6Funny or Sad? Empty Re: Funny or Sad? 6/7/2013, 3:46 pm

Sal

Sal

nochain wrote:Telling....

Quite.

In that it informs us of the pettiness and stupidity of his detractors who think he should memorize all of his prepared remarks or that doing so would be a good use of his time.

7Funny or Sad? Empty Re: Funny or Sad? 6/7/2013, 3:48 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

I thought it was extremely awkward looking. As if he had no clue what he was supposed to say. The "PEOPLE" "PEOPLE" thing didn't help him. Just made him look weak.
Funny how the same video can bring about difference reactions.

8Funny or Sad? Empty Re: Funny or Sad? 6/7/2013, 3:49 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Sal wrote:

Quite.

In that it informs us of the pettiness and stupidity of his detractors who think he should memorize all of his prepared remarks or that doing so would be a good use of his time.

No, no...I don't expect him to memorize everything. The man has a busy schedule, lots of speeches to make. But Sal, he was not good at making small talk or anything. He was pretty horrible, actually.

9Funny or Sad? Empty Re: Funny or Sad? 6/7/2013, 3:59 pm

Sal

Sal

Nonsense.

Barry O'Bamzalot does not do awkward.

He was as smooth as he always is.

You people are just consumed with Obama hate.

10Funny or Sad? Empty Re: Funny or Sad? 6/7/2013, 4:01 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Yep, that's it. He can't think on his feet, so I hate him. Rolling Eyes

11Funny or Sad? Empty Re: Funny or Sad? 6/7/2013, 4:04 pm

Markle

Markle

Sal wrote:

Quite.

Surprise, surprise, professional speakers do not memorize anything. President Barack Hussein Obama is only good at reading, he is a lousy public speaker. The foolish Progressives rolled in the aisle when Sarah Palin had a few notes from which to speak that she had written on her hand moments before speaking. President Obama couldn't do anything but STAMMER until someone handed him his script.

David Letterman
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThEAO0lt4Dw&feature=related

12Funny or Sad? Empty Re: Funny or Sad? 6/7/2013, 4:16 pm

Markle

Markle

Sal wrote:Nonsense.

My, you do have selective memory.

Is that characteristic of all Progressives?

13Funny or Sad? Empty Re: Funny or Sad? 6/7/2013, 5:32 pm

Markle wrote:
Sal wrote:Nonsense.

My, you do have selective memory.

Is that characteristic of all Progressives?

Insert trite cliche' by Socrates { here }.

14Funny or Sad? Empty Re: Funny or Sad? 6/7/2013, 7:40 pm

I thought it was funny and he handled it well. It's truly sad when you hate someone you can't objectively view anything. This is the first time I've ever heard anyone say he is a lousy public speaker. That's just off the charts.

15Funny or Sad? Empty Re: Funny or Sad? 6/7/2013, 7:42 pm

Nekochan wrote:
Sal wrote:

Quite.

No, no...I don't expect him to memorize everything. The man has a busy schedule, lots of speeches to make. But Sal, he was not good at making small talk or anything. He was pretty horrible, actually.

That's absurd. He was funny and cool.

16Funny or Sad? Empty Re: Funny or Sad? 6/7/2013, 9:20 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Dreamsglore wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
Sal wrote:

Quite.

That's absurd. He was funny and cool.

Suspect

17Funny or Sad? Empty Re: Funny or Sad? 6/7/2013, 9:30 pm

Markle

Markle

Dreamsglore wrote:I thought it was funny and he handled it well. It's truly sad when you hate someone you can't objectively view anything. This is the first time I've ever heard anyone say he is a lousy public speaker. That's just off the charts.

I gave you that he is a great...reader. You get your "news" from your Progressive sources and turn your nose up at real news. I'm not surprised you haven't heard.

The general Media, as you know, is and has been since they first saw him an extension of his campaign office and press office. Even you cannot deny that simple fact.

The Press would highlight and run above the fold on page one of every newspaper whenever President George Walker Bush made an error speaking. Much of the time he was speaking without notes or a teleprompter. Would you not agree?

President Obama can lose his chain of thought and have to ask his audience what he his talking about or he starts reading someone else's speech wrongly, put into the teleprompter, and he thanks himself. The list goes on. Compared with President Ronald Reagan or Bill Clinton, President Obama has not passed his first speech at Toastmasters.

Funny or Sad? ObamaTelepromptersforSixthGraders

18Funny or Sad? Empty Re: Funny or Sad? 6/7/2013, 9:36 pm

2seaoat

He is good at what he does. He is smart enough and has the discipline not to make mistakes. Lincoln and Douglas would ramble on for hours before 10k people in the public square and not have any sound enhancement......oratory is often a lost art, but you would be underestimating the President if you think he is not gifted in his speaking ability.....now to evenly piss everybody off....President Bush did a pretty good job to.....but like a SNL skit we hear his mistakes over and over again....when most of the time he did a great job.......unless you have done it.....I would not throw stones.....I have done it, and it is a whole lot of fun, but when you get to the level of Presidents.....mistakes are not allowed.......so notes, teleprompters, and more are often prudent.

19Funny or Sad? Empty Re: Funny or Sad? 6/7/2013, 10:32 pm

Bush was funny. I didn't like his politics but kinda liked him.

20Funny or Sad? Empty Re: Funny or Sad? 6/7/2013, 10:45 pm

Dreamsglore wrote:Bush was funny. I didn't like his politics but kinda liked him.

I grew very irritated with him by 2003... he was either an interventionalist all along... or not smart enough to know better.

21Funny or Sad? Empty Re: Funny or Sad? 6/7/2013, 10:48 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Dreamsglore wrote:Bush was funny. I didn't like his politics but kinda liked him.

Yes, Bush was funny. Some of his garbled statements were really funny.
But you know what...if that had been Bill Clinton today, no one would have even known that he had no speech. I'm not a Clinton fan, but he was much better in this kind of situation than Obama is.

22Funny or Sad? Empty Re: Funny or Sad? 6/7/2013, 10:53 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Shocked

23Funny or Sad? Empty Re: Funny or Sad? 6/7/2013, 11:13 pm

Joanimaroni wrote:

Shocked

I never hated Bush himself just his politics.

24Funny or Sad? Empty Re: Funny or Sad? 6/7/2013, 11:14 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Very Happy

25Funny or Sad? Empty Re: Funny or Sad? 6/7/2013, 11:26 pm

Nekochan wrote:

Yes, Bush was funny. Some of his garbled statements were really funny.
But you know what...if that had been Bill Clinton today, no one would have even known that he had no speech. I'm not a Clinton fan, but he was much better in this kind of situation than Obama is.

My favorite George Bush speech

http://search.mywebsearch.com/mywebsearch/video.jhtml?searchfor=funny+bush+speech+video+fool+me+once&ts=1370661922053&p2=^UX^xdm025^YY^us&n=77fc7234&ss=sub&st=hp&ptb=ADCAAF07-8AE5-49C9-B60F-ACDC7651F2E2&tpr=sbt&si=107848_40882996-7819

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum