Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

If a Cat 5 hurricane hits Pcola, what will become of the Maritime Park?

4 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Open for business? I doubt it. That service debt wont get suspended either. Another Ivan destroys us and nobody will give a shit about attending any Wahoo games. But Oats will come along to remind us how lucky we are to have such a grand stadium all the while folks have no water/electrically, Homes destroyed, Debris blocking the roads, trash everywhere....

If a Cat 5 hurricane hits Pcola, what will become of the Maritime Park? Bilde_10

Last years lil flood closed down the Maritime Park. Imagine what a Cat 5 would do...

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

If a cat 5 hits it will devastate from 15 to as much as 40 miles of the entire shoreline (Gulf front and Bays/Bayous) depending on the width of the circulation. If downtown Pensacola is in the northeast quadrant, everything south of Government Street will be destroyed. And much of what is south of Garden will be badly impacted.

2seaoat

Earth to BP......if a cat 5 hits Pensacola.......Maritime Park will be the last thing I or anybody else would be worried about. However, that sounds like another attempt to put Humpty Dumpty back together.........I like the effort..........but that is one broken Humpty you are trying to put together......and this attempt may get you some time on comedy central.

BP........take my wife........no I mean take my wife....... lol! lol! lol!

BP is a funny guy.......

2seaoat

If a cat 5 hits it will devastate from 15 to as much as 40 miles of the entire shoreline (Gulf front and Bays/Bayous) depending on the width of the circulation. If downtown Pensacola is in the northeast quadrant, everything south of Government Street will be destroyed. And much of what is south of Garden will be badly impacted.

Damn Bob....you ruin all my fun.......why do you have to interject logic into BP's attempt to rebuild Humpty..........

Bob wrote:If a cat 5 hits it will devastate from 15 to as much as 40 miles of the entire shoreline (Gulf front and Bays/Bayous) depending on the width of the circulation. If downtown Pensacola is in the northeast quadrant, everything south of Government Street will be destroyed. And much of what is south of Garden will be badly impacted.

I wonder how much of a rate increase Gulf Power will need to rebuild on that primo property...?

Earth to BP......if a cat 5 hits Pensacola.......Maritime Park will be the last thing I or anybody else would be worried about

Of course not because you dont live here, silly.

Remember the monster that that flood spewed up from the depths? Seen visiting the local Burger King..

If a Cat 5 hurricane hits Pcola, what will become of the Maritime Park? Bilde_11

2seaoat

Of course not because you dont live here, silly.

I bet you do a better job decorating your easter eggs than you do putting Humpty back together........A cat 5 hitting Pensacola......and you are worried about Maritime Park........funny.....funny guy.

Yella

Yella

BP Snacks wrote:Open for business? I doubt it. That service debt wont get suspended either. Another Ivan destroys us and nobody will give a shit about attending any Wahoo games. But Oats will come along to remind us how lucky we are to have such a grand stadium all the while folks have no water/electrically, Homes destroyed, Debris blocking the roads, trash everywhere....

If a Cat 5 hurricane hits Pcola, what will become of the Maritime Park? Bilde_10

Last years lil flood closed down the Maritime Park. Imagine what a Cat 5 would do...

God forbid.
But if it does happen it will be destroyed just like those of us who were called naysayers have said since the idea for this thing got started. If the tides and the surge both come in together a Cat 3 might tear the place up pretty bad.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

Yella

Yella

BP Snacks wrote:Open for business? I doubt it. That service debt wont get suspended either. Another Ivan destroys us and nobody will give a shit about attending any Wahoo games. But Oats will come along to remind us how lucky we are to have such a grand stadium all the while folks have no water/electrically, Homes destroyed, Debris blocking the roads, trash everywhere....

God forbid.
But if it does happen it will be destroyed just like those of us who were called naysayers have said since the idea for this thing got started. If the tides and the surge both come in together a Cat 3 might tear the place up pretty bad.

Why in the hell did they need to build a retaining pond anyway? Prime real estate wasted on a pond.

2seaoat

Why in the hell did they need to build a retaining pond anyway? Prime real estate wasted on a pond.

That explains a great deal.........

BP Snacks wrote:Why in the hell did they need to build a retaining pond anyway? Prime real estate wasted on a pond.

Building codes...? Just a guess.

@ wrote:
BP Snacks wrote:Why in the hell did they need to build a retaining pond anyway? Prime real estate wasted on a pond.

Building codes...? Just a guess.

Probably but the elevation at parking lot/Stadium to back end in higher. Fill that pond in to the same level as all drainage goes right into the bay anyway.

2seaoat

Probably but the elevation at parking lot/Stadium to back end in higher. Fill that pond in to the same level as all drainage goes right into the bay anyway.

I thought you were joking....you really do not know......no wonder you do not understand why this park is such a success. If you do not understand detention and retention and why in development it is required, you certainly are incapable of understanding what a phenomenal effort has created this beautiful park......you were asking I hope a rhetorical question.....but I think with the second post, you really do not know.

2seaoat wrote:Probably but the elevation at parking lot/Stadium to back end in higher. Fill that pond in to the same level as all drainage goes right into the bay anyway.

I thought you were joking....you really do not know......no wonder you do not understand why this park is such a success. If you do not understand detention and retention and why in development it is required, you certainly are incapable of understanding what a phenomenal effort has created this beautiful park......you were asking I hope a rhetorical question.....but I think with the second post, you really do not know.

Hmmm. The property originally was all flat & never a flood problem until they built up and elevated the property. that bridge where the pond flows into the bay, clogged up in last years flood & thats why it spilled over into the frontage road. Stupid screw on the bridge, No foresight should the pond ever flood.

Look at the Port, elevated higher, no retention pond & no flooding. Drainage goes right into the bay.

If a Cat 5 hurricane hits Pcola, what will become of the Maritime Park? 16595711

2seaoat

Look at the Port, elevated higher, no retention pond & no flooding. Drainage goes right into the bay.

You really do not know.......where is Eric when we need him.......I am not going to say a word........because if you do not understand drainage and retention.....you sure as hell do not understand development......so yea....the wahoos have been losing some ball games.....oh boy.

Oh really Mr expert....Fix the flooding at the island yet?

2seaoat

Oh really Mr expert....Fix the flooding at the island yet?

You keep telling us why Maritime Park is such a failure, and then you ask twice what the retention is for.......you have to be kidding. Expert.......no try anybody with half a wit who pulled a permit sometime in their life understands retention......but you have told us a great deal about your ability to understand this development...........you have done nothing in your life which interfaces with any type of development, yet you post complete nonsense about why this park has failed.....absolutely clueless......and the best part is that you think somebody has to be an expert to realize you are clueless.......come on....tell me it was a rhetorical question.......you were not really asking what they needed retention for.........

2seaoat wrote:Oh really Mr expert....Fix the flooding at the island yet?

You keep telling us why Maritime Park is such a failure, and then you ask twice what the retention is for.......you have to be kidding. Expert.......no try anybody with half a wit who pulled a permit sometime in their life understands retention......but you have told us a great deal about your ability to understand this development...........you have done nothing in your life which interfaces with any type of development, yet you post complete nonsense about why this park has failed.....absolutely clueless......and the best part is that you think somebody has to be an expert to realize you are clueless.......come on....tell me it was a rhetorical question.......you were not really asking what they needed retention for.........

you were not really asking what they needed retention for.........

Yep, bad grammar and all, that's what he asked.

I no longer even have a dog in this card game, because I'v long since opposed ANY development in or around the obvious footprint of a storm like we're discussing.

I oppose ANY and ALL rebuilding in that cone of obvious hazard....period. If you lost it to a hurricane, I'm sorry, and if it's on a barrier island, it should not have been built in the first place. Dittos if it's built on the coastline down town. Zero tax dollars should EVER be spent rebuilding your shit....sorry.

And if that upsets you, I really don't give a rat's ass what you think.

Yella

Yella

I suspect it was done to attract waterfowl that Stooder can let Dick Cheney shoot when he comes here for a visit. Stooder could invite his political enemies to hunt with Cheney at dusk.

2seaoat wrote:Oh really Mr expert....Fix the flooding at the island yet?

Well, I've never lost my boat to a raging river because I failed to replace rotted rope. Or left my skid steer out in a area prone to flooding. Nor do I fall asleep while playing poker. No

Yella wrote:

I suspect it was done to attract waterfowl that Stooder can let Dick Cheney shoot when he comes here for a visit. Stooder could invite his political enemies to hunt with Cheney at dusk.

I was watching the CMPA meeting where they were talking about the pond being filled with "Shit" when the flood casued the sewer line to flow into the pond. LOL I think of that every time I see the fountain spewing the nice water in the air. A real success LOL

2seaoat

Well, I've never lost my boat to a raging river because I failed to replace rotted rope. Or left my skid steer out in a area prone to flooding. Nor do I fall asleep while playing poker. No

You would have to do all those things to have enough sense to understand why they had to put retention in an almost 40 acre development.......sorry, I could be sound asleep at the poker table and I imagine I would wake up after hearing BP ask......why are aces higher than kings............

Do you really think I am going to take any comment you make as a knowledgeable comment when you have been blasting the Maritime Park and you do not know why they were required to do retention.......no wonder you blame everything on the Ballpark......you have zero knowledge on what is involved in developing that parcel......nada......

Yella wrote:

Would that be a personal fowl..?

Quint is a staunch GOP winger, but he makes up for it by being a really nice guy who helps a lot of people.

He contradicts the stereotype.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum