Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Choke.......

4 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

26Choke....... - Page 2 Empty Re: Choke....... 5/29/2013, 9:03 am

The calls from eight minutes to 6 minutes in the fourth quarter were the worse calls that I have seen in five years.

Winning in the face of bad calls is called overcoming adversity.

27Choke....... - Page 2 Empty Re: Choke....... 5/29/2013, 9:09 am

2seaoat

Winning in the face of bad calls is called overcoming adversity.

I agree.....but the mountain is insurmountable.......they cannot have a San Antonio /Indiana finals......it will be worse than the Cleveland/ San Antonio numbers.....they have to create in the media that Miami is this great team....along the lines of what Boards has been arguing.....it simply is the classic story of the emperor having no clothes.....so into the gap comes Joey Crawford.

28Choke....... - Page 2 Empty Re: Choke....... 5/29/2013, 11:42 am

2seaoat wrote:Winning in the face of bad calls is called overcoming adversity.

I agree.....but the mountain is insurmountable.......they cannot have a San Antonio /Indiana finals......it will be worse than the Cleveland/ San Antonio numbers.....they have to create in the media that Miami is this great team....along the lines of what Boards has been arguing.....it simply is the classic story of the emperor having no clothes.....so into the gap comes Joey Crawford.

I dont follow Basketball. Are you saying the games are "rigged" or they have corrupt officials?

29Choke....... - Page 2 Empty Re: Choke....... 5/29/2013, 12:06 pm

2seaoat

I dont follow Basketball. Are you saying the games are "rigged" or they have corrupt officials?

I have concerns, but I think it goes too far to say the games are rigged or that the officials are corrupt. However, after seeing calls in the NBA playoffs I cannot dismiss that possibility. I think that it is simply subtle league policy which is not so overt or foolish to be written down, but certainly is being discussed in league ref and rule clinics. Joey Crawford is the head honcho. He has set the tone on playoff basketball. He is an excellent referee. However he sets the tone and how the league rates these refs at the end of the year is critical to their continuing in that capacity and following league dictates.

Since before the days of Jordan, their have always been another set of rules which apply to NBA stars.....they get touch fouls.....they do not get fouled out of games.....why.....because the league wants the star power as a draw to the League. Stern has been the master of protecting the NBA brand, and the league has kicked asz over the last 20 years under his guidance. No the danger is when there is such a variance with the rules which have been demonstrated when teams play Miami, there is real concern that the bookmakers have control rather than the league. It was always understood the league goals and preferential treatment......but outright throwing the rules of basketball out puts the entire brand at risk.

The Miami/OK championship series caused a huge stir last year on the refs complete blunders and interjection into the games. I saw this in the Chicago series, and the Indiana series is the worse I have seen in years. I was really enjoying the young kids and upcoming stars, but if the money takes precedent over the game.....well.......I am not even sure I will be getting back into the NBA.

30Choke....... - Page 2 Empty Re: Choke....... 5/29/2013, 1:01 pm

2seaoat

It was the first time James fouled out of a game since June 3, 2012,

One year playing NBA basketball as a tough defender, and you do not foul out in a year......yea right.........the NBA has a growing problem among fans.....this was so obvious last night that my friends who are Miami fans began admitting that I may be right......hell yes I am right.......James did not foul out of a game for an entire year........with the minutes he plays......the game has lost most of its credibility, and after the videos started appearing after the flop fiasco in OK last year......the league is giving 5k fines on flops.....well Katie bar the door, people are openly discussing these issues across the internet.......Stern better talk to Crawford and get their act together or this brand is going in the toilet. Last night was a fiasco.

31Choke....... - Page 2 Empty Re: Choke....... 5/29/2013, 1:19 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

2seaoat wrote:It was the first time James fouled out of a game since June 3, 2012,

One year playing NBA basketball as a tough defender, and you do not foul out in a year......yea right.........the NBA has a growing problem among fans.....this was so obvious last night that my friends who are Miami fans began admitting that I may be right......hell yes I am right.......James did not foul out of a game for an entire year........with the minutes he plays......the game has lost most of its credibility, and after the videos started appearing after the flop fiasco in OK last year......the league is giving 5k fines on flops.....well Katie bar the door, people are openly discussing these issues across the internet.......Stern better talk to Crawford and get their act together or this brand is going in the toilet. Last night was a fiasco.

Wilt never fouled out of a single game in his entire career. A big guy playing inside most of the time, and an entire career of never fouling out. Was the game rigged back then as well?

32Choke....... - Page 2 Empty Re: Choke....... 5/29/2013, 1:42 pm

2seaoat

Wilt never fouled out of a single game in his entire career. A big guy playing inside most of the time, and an entire career of never fouling out. Was the game rigged back then as well?

yep, that is true.....he also scored 100 points in a game........today's game has 30 players of his stature. He also slept with 10k women. I think your reality check would simply be that Dwight Howard who is a super star has fouled out 31 times in eight years and six times in playoffs.

James going a year in the modern era, including going to the finals last year without fouling out of a game tells the whole story. You can try to shift the conversation, but last night non calls for that two minute period tells the whole story........James and Cleveland could not stir tv interest when playing San Antonio.....what the hell do you think is going to happen when this unknown collection of Pacers who are clearly two years away from a Championship game go to the finals.....it will not happen......besides....we will have to wait a year for James to foul out again.......I saw Jordan fighting tooth and nail on defense.......getting fouled out......the Jordan preferential treatment did not stop him from fouling out.....and we know he got that treatment......James has set a new low in modern basketball.......of course if going back 50 years to try to make an argument does not work......I hear the peach baskets which were hung at the YMCA actually were different sizes..........

33Choke....... - Page 2 Empty Re: Choke....... 5/29/2013, 3:34 pm

2seaoat

Crowd chants he is a flopper:

http://network.yardbarker.com/nba/article_external/crowd_chants_hes_a_flopper_during_pacers_heat_game/13717148?linksrc=foxrg_nba

The internet is on fire.......the buzz is out.......Stern has a huge problem, and this thing may result in a straight game being called and the lowest tv viewership in modern history.

34Choke....... - Page 2 Empty Re: Choke....... 5/29/2013, 3:57 pm

2seaoat

Even Miami fans are complaining about the refs

http://deadspin.com/nobody-can-hijack-a-playoff-game-quite-like-an-nba-refe-510264867

http://www.sbnation.com/2013/5/29/4376802/joey-crawford-the-nbas-worst-referee-the-daily-win

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/5/4/4299590/joey-crawford-nba-referee-grizzlies-vs-clippers

ALL POINT BULLETIN FOR MR. STERN.....WE HAVE A PROBLEM HOUSTON.

Stern is not putting this genie back in the bottle.

35Choke....... - Page 2 Empty Re: Choke....... 5/29/2013, 4:11 pm

Damn this is some serious business!!! What to do? What to do? The sky is falling.........
Choke....... - Page 2 Sky+is+falling

36Choke....... - Page 2 Empty Re: Choke....... 5/30/2013, 12:23 pm

2seaoat

The NBA is trying to cover their asz............

http://www.foxsportsflorida.com/fox-sports-networks/story/NBA-fines-Heats-James-Pacers-West-Stephe?blockID=906833&feedID=3720

The internet is ablaze with chatter about the refs and preferential treatment...........so the gig may be up.....fans may actually force a straight up fair game.....small market nightmare, but the entire brand is at risk.

James should get an oscar.......best flopper in a leading man role.......

37Choke....... - Page 2 Empty Re: Choke....... 5/30/2013, 12:36 pm

2seaoat wrote:The NBA is trying to cover their asz............

http://www.foxsportsflorida.com/fox-sports-networks/story/NBA-fines-Heats-James-Pacers-West-Stephe?blockID=906833&feedID=3720

The internet is ablaze with chatter about the refs and preferential treatment...........so the gig may be up.....fans may actually force a straight up fair game.....small market nightmare, but the entire brand is at risk.

James should get an oscar.......best flopper in a leading man role.......

Stephenson done a damn good acting job also when he was supposedly elbowed by Ray Allen.

38Choke....... - Page 2 Empty Re: Choke....... 5/30/2013, 12:55 pm

2seaoat

People now have the tools to post utube footage of blown calls......I think that someone said the typical basketball game could have up to 200 potential calls, and if a ref is 90% correct......there will still be 10 blown calls......the key is what percentage of the blown calls favor which team.........the whole flopping fine is a result of the internet rage about the bad calls against OK in last years championship......when the team for the ages got their first win......and folks really questioned who won that series......the refs or the Heat........I know Boards thinks I am being a bit psycho on this and other threads dealing with the heat.....but there is a long......long road before this team will even be in the top 15 let alone be the best team ever.......and the NBA thrives on selling their stars......but that selling must stop when the fairness of the game is being questioned by fans.......it is obvious after the last game that there were going to be backlash..........when you allow a team to win a championship flopping and it gets captured on video.....Stern has a real big problem.

39Choke....... - Page 2 Empty Re: Choke....... 5/30/2013, 3:16 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

People are losing their minds! LeBron just fouled out - on a questionable offensive foul - of what at the time was a 2 point game, the Heat ultimately lost, and the series became tied; and all I'm hearing is "The refs are just giving this away to the Heat!"

Even today on the radio, I'm hearing "If this is a close game in the fourth, look for the refs to pull this one out for the Heat." - never mind what happened in the last game.

Ya'll have lost your damned minds!

40Choke....... - Page 2 Empty Re: Choke....... 5/30/2013, 5:33 pm

James takes control in the 3rd quarter and they are pounding the Pacers with 4 minutes to go.

Last edited by A Guest on 5/30/2013, 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

41Choke....... - Page 2 Empty Re: Choke....... 5/30/2013, 10:13 pm

2seaoat

Ya'll have lost your damned minds!

I think this thing is spreading like wildfire. Had dinner tonight with three other couples and without saying a word the topic was how the NBA is losing control with the refs giving Miami preferential treatment.......they talked about last years finals with OK, and they talked about the last game......I did not say a thing.....just sat back and smiled......the gig is up.

42Choke....... - Page 2 Empty Re: Choke....... 5/30/2013, 11:10 pm

Sal

Sal

You have weird dinner guests.

Last edited by Sal on 5/30/2013, 11:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

43Choke....... - Page 2 Empty Re: Choke....... 5/30/2013, 11:10 pm

2seaoat

Refs insist to interject and make the outcome certain........I will let the utube analysis begin......my comments are not driving the anger fans have right now......the NBA has a real problem. I mean refs make mistakes. It is a given. The Blackhawk/Detroit game was almost wrongfully decided by a blown ref call......so this problem is a reality in any sport....refs miss calls........but something more is brewing in regard to the NBA.....folks are seeing patterns and they are documenting the same.

In baseball they had the strike zone camera......but when they started showing bad calls on the umps.......suddenly......magically they showed only strikes when they were strikes.......not the missed calls.......When I go to a major league game.....they do not show the strike zone missed calls to the fans.......they protect for the innocent mistake.......but what if a league manipulates calls to enhance stars, and maximize fan appeal by controlling the teams and market which will be in the finals. Once integrity leaves the barn......fans are going to be gone......this thing better get fixed before the end of the playoffs or they can kiss the NBA goodbye........I was really getting fired up on their product....it had been 10 years since I regularly watched the games.....and I am simply stunned at what I have seen in these playoffs....stunned.

44Choke....... - Page 2 Empty Re: Choke....... 5/30/2013, 11:28 pm

Sal

Sal

Yup.

Officials make mistakes and that makes people angry.

You've taken a lot of words to get there.

45Choke....... - Page 2 Empty Re: Choke....... 5/30/2013, 11:56 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:Ya'll have lost your damned minds!

I think this thing is spreading like wildfire. Had dinner tonight with three other couples and without saying a word the topic was how the NBA is losing control with the refs giving Miami preferential treatment.......they talked about last years finals with OK, and they talked about the last game......I did not say a thing.....just sat back and smiled......the gig is up.

Anderson caught a big break in tonight's game.

46Choke....... - Page 2 Empty Re: Choke....... 5/31/2013, 12:44 am

Oats says
[b]I think this thing is spreading like wildfire. Had dinner tonight with three other couples and without saying a word the topic was how the NBA is losing control with the refs giving Miami preferential treatment.[/b]

So Basket Ball is fixed and no wants to admit it? What kind of crazy stuff do you all watch? Is it a big secret or something? I mean damn, either it is or it is not.

47Choke....... - Page 2 Empty Re: Choke....... 5/31/2013, 6:44 am

2seaoat

Again......fixed would be too strong of a word.....if the league its players, coaches, and commissioner have as a policy to enhance superstar play, and keep the playoffs profitable, it is what it is......but when the rules of the game or so consistently overlooked at key times during playoff games.....then the fans will simply leave the game. This is where the NBA is now........folks were posting a bunch of stuff last year about the OK championship series with the Heat......so the league started the flop fines to try to use smoke and mirrors to avoid the real issue.........now folks are disgusted.......they saw the last pacer game..........and I might add that the game last night did not instill much confidence......Pacers dominating the Heat in the first half.....and then.....ref interjection.

48Choke....... - Page 2 Empty Re: Choke....... 5/31/2013, 11:28 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

Not since birtherism have I seen such lunacy! The refs took over in the second half? Really? LeBron outscored the entire Pacer team by himself in the third quarter, and all you saw was poor officiating, nudging the Heat to victory?

49Choke....... - Page 2 Empty Re: Choke....... 5/31/2013, 11:45 am

boards of FL wrote:Not since birtherism have I seen such lunacy! The refs took over in the second half? Really? LeBron outscored the entire Pacer team by himself in the third quarter, and all you saw was poor officiating, nudging the Heat to victory?

I tend to agree BOF. I think Seaoat tries to hard and over-analyzes the game. I believe that he is seeing a monster behind every tree. Instead of allowing the players play their game, he makes excuses for the reason that Team A beat Team B.

50Choke....... - Page 2 Empty Re: Choke....... 5/31/2013, 5:25 pm

2seaoat

Four offensive fouls on the pacers during that period, or at least an eight point, but probably a twelve point swing as a result of some questionable calls.........the wife got a facebook post about the bad calls from all kinds of people last night and was showing me a video of the calls.....birther.....nope.....when people are not even making contact......when other people are getting called for fouls, and a person goes a year without fouling out......yep.....compare this to birther.......the truth is Miami is getting clear cut preferential treatment, and the NBA does not want a Pacer/Spur final.....it will not happen.

The one dimensional Miami team is Cleveland reborn.......James had a great 3rd quarter as the refs took the ball away from the pacers........but where was his team? I am not creating the stir on the internet and talk radio......Seaoat's opinion means jack......but this thing has a life of its own as people who know basketball have seen what I have seen.......Stern is not going to get the genie back in the bottle, and being that the Pacers can never play in the Championship......we will probably see calls going the Spurs way to stop the tidal wave of speculation on favoritism on calls. We will see what is birther and what is reality.......

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum