Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Choke.......

4 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Choke....... Empty Choke....... 5/24/2013, 11:26 pm

2seaoat

Two consecutive plays when the game is on the line.......Mr. James throws the ball away twice.......can you say Cleveland. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Mr. James is a great player.......he just has a track record of not closing.

Your clutch comment was a huge coaching error, and really nothing more......tonight.......I only saw Cleveland.

2Choke....... Empty Re: Choke....... 5/25/2013, 12:11 am

2seaoat

Even the TNT announcers were talking about it being four years since he has done this.......Cleveland......all the things I have objectively been trying to point out......few will argue his range of skills, but skills alone do not win championships.

Almost down two games at home, with a pretty low skilled NBA team.....very good TEAM concept, and one of the best defensive teams in the NBA, but a great team......hardly.....and the team of ages should be down two right now but for a coaching error.

3Choke....... Empty Re: Choke....... 5/25/2013, 7:49 am

You should be in mourning. The Wahoos lost another game Thursday night.

4Choke....... Empty Re: Choke....... 5/25/2013, 8:22 am

BP Snacks wrote:You should be in mourning. The Wahoos lost another game Thursday night.

And again last night. They have now lost 6 in a row and have the lowest team percentage inn the Southern League.

5Choke....... Empty Re: Choke....... 5/25/2013, 10:14 am

2seaoat

Now after pointing out to Boards that James is getting beat on defense regularly from the top of the key.........look at this video which was about a big time dunk in the game over the bird.......but look how that dunk sets up......

http://network.yardbarker.com/nba/article_external/paul_george_dunked_on_birdman_put_him_on_a_poster_video/13690517

He simply is not quick enough to be guarding quick guards.....they consistently beat him. His overall defensive play is stellar, but I pointed out this flaw two weeks ago and was scoffed at........

6Choke....... Empty Re: Choke....... 5/25/2013, 10:17 am

It is the naysayers fault. Just wait, Studer will make the magic call and everything will be ok. ......Watch for a winning streak soon...... Hulk Hogan will throw out the first pitch.

7Choke....... Empty Re: Choke....... 5/25/2013, 10:39 am

2seaoat

Seaoat said:

I agree.....it is not even close. Michael Jordan was a better defensive player, and he did post up against centers....

Boards said:

I can only laugh at this. If you think that Jordan was even half the defensive player that LeBron is, well, we will never see eye to eye.

Seaoat Response:

James is not good at guard coverage, and he comes off badly on the picks at the top of the key and does not recover well at all.

Oh and on the folks who want to hijack the thread......the Wahoos do not have a very good team this year.......most people could read the win loss column and come to that conclusion.

8Choke....... Empty Re: Choke....... 5/25/2013, 12:47 pm

2seaoat

Where is boards......every time King James stumbles......he is gone......he is traveling a great deal lately.......I just want an acknowledgement that I clearly pointed out the Mr. James fails to close the deal, and has a history of trying to pass off responsibility to win the game, and that his defense at the top of the key......well.......it needs to improve, or he needs to give his ego a rest and recognize that if I and anybody else who understands the game can see he is a step too slow for these young guards.....well where do you think they are going to take him. He sure did not stop his man in two games now.

9Choke....... Empty Re: Choke....... 5/25/2013, 12:56 pm

Thanks for the Analysis of a truly important event. Thanks

10Choke....... Empty Re: Choke....... 5/25/2013, 1:21 pm

2seaoat

Thanks for the Analysis of a truly important event. Thanks

For me.....it is important.......I am a diehard basketball fan.....it brings me great joy when I played, when I watched my children play, and I hope my grandchildren start dribbling balls by age five.......heck by the time they are ten.....they could probably blow by James at the top of the key..........and I am not a hater.....I think he is a great player, but he really has a long way to go.

11Choke....... Empty Re: Choke....... 5/25/2013, 1:51 pm

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
BP Snacks wrote:You should be in mourning. The Wahoos lost another game Thursday night.

And again last night. They have now lost 6 in a row and have the lowest team percentage inn the Southern League.

Just sad. Very sad. Terribly sad.

12Choke....... Empty Re: Choke....... 5/25/2013, 5:04 pm

2seaoat

2seaoat wrote:Where is boards......every time King James stumbles......he is gone......he is traveling a great deal lately.......I just want an acknowledgement that I clearly pointed out the Mr. James fails to close the deal, and has a history of trying to pass off responsibility to win the game, and that his defense at the top of the key......well.......it needs to improve, or he needs to give his ego a rest and recognize that if I and anybody else who understands the game can see he is a step too slow for these young guards.....well where do you think they are going to take him. He sure did not stop his man in two games now.

I think this is a legitimate analysis which needs Board's input......

13Choke....... Empty Re: Choke....... 5/25/2013, 11:59 pm

2seaoat

The Spurs have now taken a 3-0 lead over the Grizzlies......the old guys played well. This Spur team is the worse of their division winners, but I am glad they won. Now we can see if the Pacers can continue their dominance of King James.

14Choke....... Empty Re: Choke....... 5/26/2013, 12:03 am

2seaoat wrote:The Spurs have now taken a 3-0 lead over the Grizzlies......the old guys played well. This Spur team is the worse of their division winners, but I am glad they won. Now we can see if the Pacers can continue their dominance of King James.

Think they will win the Stanley Cup? They sound really good.

15Choke....... Empty Re: Choke....... 5/26/2013, 10:13 am

hallmarkgrad2 wrote:
2seaoat wrote:The Spurs have now taken a 3-0 lead over the Grizzlies......the old guys played well. This Spur team is the worse of their division winners, but I am glad they won. Now we can see if the Pacers can continue their dominance of King James.

Think they will win the Stanley Cup? They sound really good.

0-7 Hallmark! Catholic High School could beat the Wahoos.

16Choke....... Empty Re: Choke....... 5/26/2013, 10:47 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

2seaoat wrote:Where is boards......

Sorry. I'm currently watching the LeBron and the Heat put up video game-like numbers on the best defensive team in the NBA in the playoffs on the road.

17Choke....... Empty Re: Choke....... 5/26/2013, 11:19 pm

2seaoat

I just got done with my poker tournament........was not in the money, but I saw that Miami showed up on this game.......should be 2-1 pacers, but now it is flipped. I did not watch the game,but like the Bulls.....if somebody scores over a 100 on the Pacers......their offense is clicking. Good thing they had that margin.....no chance for another choke by Mr. James.

18Choke....... Empty Re: Choke....... 5/29/2013, 1:00 am

2seaoat

I do not care who wins this championship. The calls from eight minutes to 6 minutes in the fourth quarter were the worse calls that I have seen in five years. It is obvious that a Pacer-San Antonio finals will not get the viewership. It got so bad, that I was with a group tonight where one person said......Wade can dribble.....stop and pick up his dribble......and then dribble again, and the Heat complain about the call.....because nobody makes calls against Miami. Nope....do not even care anymore.....I have always been a Crawford fan on refs.......but what he let happen in the fourth quarter makes it clear to me that too much money is at stake in these games. The Pacers out played Miami in every quarter, and still a nine point fourth quarter lead evaporated with a series of four consecutive bad calls.

I guess the team for the ages is going to win the whole thing....because wade was elbowing all night and not getting called, and he rightfully thought double dribbling means trying to dribble for a third time after picking up your dribble. Sorry, the Pacers are two years away from a team who should be in the finals, and the heat simply are not that good. San Antonio is the geriatric ward, but the powers to be have seen what happens on viewership when San Antonio is in a final championship game, and compound that with the Pacers not really having a good team, let alone a great team from a small market.......it is obvious what the outcome will be......seen this before.

19Choke....... Empty Re: Choke....... 5/29/2013, 6:47 am

It is obvious what the outcome will be......seen this before.

Honest question. If you seem to think Sports are "fixed" or "enhanced" with officials making questionable calls, then why do you even participate in such folly? You chastised me for even suggesting such a thing could happen in minor league Baseball. Maybe I am not the only one that lives in Mayberry.

20Choke....... Empty Re: Choke....... 5/29/2013, 7:25 am

Sal

Sal

2seaoat wrote:I do not care who wins this championship. The calls from eight minutes to 6 minutes in the fourth quarter were the worse calls that I have seen in five years. It is obvious that a Pacer-San Antonio finals will not get the viewership. It got so bad, that I was with a group tonight where one person said......Wade can dribble.....stop and pick up his dribble......and then dribble again, and the Heat complain about the call.....because nobody makes calls against Miami. Nope....do not even care anymore.....I have always been a Crawford fan on refs.......but what he let happen in the fourth quarter makes it clear to me that too much money is at stake in these games. The Pacers out played Miami in every quarter, and still a nine point fourth quarter lead evaporated with a series of four consecutive bad calls.

I guess the team for the ages is going to win the whole thing....because wade was elbowing all night and not getting called, and he rightfully thought double dribbling means trying to dribble for a third time after picking up your dribble. Sorry, the Pacers are two years away from a team who should be in the finals, and the heat simply are not that good. San Antonio is the geriatric ward, but the powers to be have seen what happens on viewership when San Antonio is in a final championship game, and compound that with the Pacers not really having a good team, let alone a great team from a small market.......it is obvious what the outcome will be......seen this before.

Choke....... Crybaby2

21Choke....... Empty Re: Choke....... 5/29/2013, 7:27 am

LOL @ Sals Post

22Choke....... Empty Re: Choke....... 5/29/2013, 7:51 am

2seaoat

This debate has been going on since the early 80s. A Laker vs Celtics championship had viewership off the charts.....throw in the Knicks, or even Miami.....and you get fan interest and viewers. The 2010 laker vs Celtics was the highest rated viewership. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Basketball_Association_Nielsen_ratings

Look at 2003 and 2007 both involving San Antonio's very very very small market. The TV rights drive the salaries of all the NBA players and it is a given that large market teams and teams with superstars get preferential calls.

If you think this is some type of conspiracy theory it is not.......this has been objectively studied and currently the Miami team is getting preferential treatment and it has been discussed openly with writers discussing the same
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1236062-10-nba-superstars-who-get-most-preferrential-treatment-from-referees/page/11

Superstars get preferential treatment because they make more money for the league."
http://www.ibtimes.com/sportsnet/no-wade-suspension-proves-stars-get-preferential-treatment-nba-playoffs-705288

No crybaby here.....the Pacers won, but read the article and guess who the head ref was on the wade intentional flagrant foul......Joey Crawford.......he is the league protector and the master of the integrity of the NBA refs........but people are talking and a very clear pattern is developing. They cannot afford to have another 2007.

Hallmark.....you need to understand how a farm club team is configured and how a major league team controls local minor league talent.....until you understand that concept it is pretty silly what you and BP are posting.

23Choke....... Empty Re: Choke....... 5/29/2013, 8:19 am

Silly me. Basketball is fixed but Baseball has no issues. Thanks. Now I under stand.

24Choke....... Empty Re: Choke....... 5/29/2013, 8:19 am

2seaoat

no I tend to believe it is a hidden mandate by the league at the highest level. One that would and could never be traced as an official position but the evidence of time has shown a consistent application of preferential treatment over the years and that cannot be an accident.
http://boards.grizzliesonline.com/index.php?showtopic=15501

THIS VIDEO SAYS IT ALL.....PLEASE NOTE WHICH REF IS THERE ON MOST OF THESE CALLS

http://lakernation.com/forums/index.php?/topic/58403-video-of-the-preferential-treatment-heat-got-in-the-finals/

IT IS WHAT IT IS......THE PACERS AFTER THE MINUTE AND A HALF WHERE THE GAME WAS ATTEMPTED TO BE STOLE BY THE REFS SIMPLY OUTPLAYED FROM START TO FINISH THE HEAT......BUT WHAT USE IS IT......THEY CANNOT HAVE A PACERS/SAN ANTONIO FINALS.......NEVER HAPPEN.

25Choke....... Empty Re: Choke....... 5/29/2013, 8:45 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Joey (Technical) Crawford...is the 6th man on the court.

Choke....... 3pzgbk10

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum