Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Justice Dept Searches Associated Press Phone Records

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/13/us/justice-ap-phones/index.html

Markle

Markle

The Scandals whirling around President Barack Hussein Obama are growing exponentially.

Now he has the Islamic Terrorist Attack in Benghazi growing day by day.

Then the IRS scandal broke just a few days ago and that's growing day by day as well.

Almost before the IRS scandal broke, the Eric Holder Department of Justice has admitted to illegally tapping telephones at the Associated Press.

The White House Press Corps were collectively outraged when they learned that they had been played by President Obama. Both these additional scandals come near and dear to journalist hearts from coast to coast.

Hang on folks, this is going to be a rocky road.

Sal

Sal

To tell you the truth, I think this stinks to high heaven.

Birthgate Certificategate, Fastgate & Furiousgate, Solyndragate, Benghazigate, and IRSgate were all monumental duds, but this AP story reeks of an abuse of power.

Before we commence with igniting our follicles however, lets take a deep breath and remember that the House Democrats under Nancy Pelosi passed a bill that would've prevented the DOJ from obtaining that information.

That bill died in a GOP filibustered Senate.

Breathe deep the irony.

Sal wrote:To tell you the truth, I think this stinks to high heaven.

t the House Democrats under Nancy Pelosi passed a bill that would've prevented the DOJ from obtaining that information.

Breathe deep the irony.

What bill was that?

Sal wrote:To tell you the truth, I think this stinks to high heaven.

Birthgate Certificategate, Fastgate & Furiousgate, Solyndragate, Benghazigate, and IRSgate were all monumental duds, but this AP story reeks of an abuse of power.

Before we commence with igniting our follicles however, lets take a deep breath and remember that the House Democrats under Nancy Pelosi passed a bill that would've prevented the DOJ from obtaining that information.

Breathe deep the irony.

Getting difficult to defend huh?....Benghazi is all the administration's making...they created with their coverup...They missed/ignored the signs and intelligence prior to the attacks...There is a timeline and the misinformation continued days/weeks after the murders....why is a great question... who is responsible of the 'editing/cleaning' of the intelligence memos?...and if as a Lt Col acknowledged...who gave the order to stand down and not send help?...The IRS is exactly the same as Nixon's enemies list and that certainly was an abuse of power...

Sal

Sal

“This is obviously disturbing,” Issa said. “Americans should take notice that top Obama Administration officials increasingly see themselves as above the law and emboldened by the belief that they don’t have to answer to anyone. I will work with my fellow House Chairmen on an appropriate response to Obama Administration officials.”

Issa didn’t mention that he voted against a measure that would have protected the AP from the DOJ’s subpoena in 2007. Issa was one of 21 House members who opposed the Free Flow of Information Act of 2007, a measure that would have forbidden federal investigators from compelling journalists to give evidence without first obtaining a court order. The bill included a section that specifically forbid subpoenaing journalists’ phone records from “communication service providers” to the same extent that the law protected the journalists themselves.

Despite Issa’s “No” vote, the bill overwhelmingly passed the House 398-21. Rep. Dana Rohrabacher, another California Republican who criticized the DOJ and the President in the wake of today’s news, voted for the bill. It was defeated, however, by a Republican filibuster in the Senate the following year.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/nycsouthpaw/gop-congressmen-killed-a-media-shield-law-that-wou-4xje

So let's review.

Republicans in Congress block this measure through the use of filibuster.

A few years later, Republicans demand the DOJ get to the bottom of a leak.

The DOJ complies to the Republican demand by using the most effective measures available to it, including a measure that would not have been available except for the Republican filibuster.

Republicans ignite hair, demand investigation.

And, so it goes ...

VectorMan

VectorMan

Another "situation" to blow up in Obama's face. And, so the corruption goes. They've brought Chicago to Washington DC.

And now:

From the Washington Post:

Internal Revenue Service officials in Washington and at least two other offices were involved in the targeting of conservative groups seeking tax-exempt status, making clear the effort reached well beyond the branch in Cincinnati that was initially blamed, according to documents obtained by The Washington Post.
IRS officials at the agency’s Washington headquarters sent queries to conservative groups asking about their donors and other aspects of their operations, while officials in the El Monte and Laguna Niguel offices in California sent similar questionnaires to tea party-affiliated groups.

VectorMan wrote:Another "situation" to blow up in Obama's face. And, so the corruption goes. They've brought Chicago to Washington DC.

And now:

Internal Revenue Service officials in Washington and at least two other offices were involved in the targeting of conservative groups seeking tax-exempt status, making clear the effort reached well beyond the branch in Cincinnati that was initially blamed, according to documents obtained by The Washington Post.
IRS officials at the agency’s Washington headquarters sent queries to conservative groups asking about their donors and other aspects of their operations, while officials in the El Monte and Laguna Niguel offices in California sent similar questionnaires to tea party-affiliated groups.

The libertard excuse makers on this forum are scratching dirt like crazy trying to make everything look like a VAST RIGHT WING CONSPIRACY.....I find it very entertaining. cheers

nochain wrote:
VectorMan wrote:Another "situation" to blow up in Obama's face. And, so the corruption goes. They've brought Chicago to Washington DC.

And now:

The libertard excuse makers on this forum are scratching dirt like crazy trying to make everything look like a VAST RIGHT WING CONSPIRACY.....I find it very entertaining. cheers

I'm in charge....but I didn't know...never heard...and my favorite blame someone else...Eric Holder's philosophy of leadership...The cowh differs only that he sends out his press secretary and cabinet members to spread the misinformation and then says ....I said that right from the beginning even though his own words came back to haunt him several days later...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum