Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Justice Dept.: No contempt charges for former IRS official DOMINATION

+4
Floridatexan
KarlRove
ZVUGKTUBM
2seaoat
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/justice-dept-no-contempt-charges-for-former-irs-official/ar-AAak5V7

By Golly John......how does it feel to be toothless........that weak leader is waving the red flag in front of all those Bulls.........or are they waving the red flag to all those fat pigs wallowing in crap waiting to be slaughtered at the next election......I choose curtain 2

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

It won't stop KarlRove and Markle from continuing to carp about this and all of the other alleged Obama "scandals".

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

2seaoat

What scandals? The va screwups is the only legitimate bad policy. The buck stopped on the President's desk on that one. The rest is sophomoric politics with absolutely NO substance and all smoke and mirrors.

KarlRove

KarlRove

It's called the Bubba Club of CYA and we all know what CYA means. We have the most corrupt admin ever in the nation's history.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

She's in the clear because she never did anything wrong. This was a witch hunt. I can't believe that one person actually suggested she should get the electric chair. That is the state of the wingnut population in this country. It is heartbreakingly stupid.

2seaoat

Stupid has become hip in the Republican party.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

2seaoat wrote:Stupid has become hip in the Republican party.

It's all they have. You can't expect them to govern, can we? Look at the record of the recently seated Congress. Three months in, and the record is already dismal.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Stupid has become hip in the Republican party.

It's all they have. You can't expect them to govern, can we? Look at the record of the recently seated Congress. Three months in, and the record is already dismal.

Today's republican party is a collection of politicians who (for whatever reasons) have chosen to represent the interests of white Christian fundamentalist racists who hate women, the poor, and the American worker.

They have demonstrated a willingness to do great harm to their country, in order to demonstrate their racist hatred for our first black President.  These people aren't patriots ... they're traitors. 

Fortunately, the majority of Americans oppose their depraved agenda.   

Reality.

VectorMan

VectorMan

Obama's DOJ brings no charges against Lerner. Wow! I AM SHOCKED! LOL

This isn't news. It was already written into the play book. No surprises here.

Karma is a bitch. Watch out while riding that broom, Lois. LOL

2seaoat

Gomer has lost his swagger..........

gatorfan

Mistakes were made (no surprise given the stupidity of Congress) and she gets off on a technicality but deservedly IAW the Constitution over the question of whether she waived her 5th Am. rights. Of course she is not off the hook as the FBI is still investigating but as with other high visibility cases in the administration it will drag on until it's totally off the radar.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2015/04/01/396872364/justice-department-wont-charge-irs-lois-lerner-with-criminal-contempt

2seaoat

Just like Pace thinking that the stop sign in his neighborhood was targeting him, the IRS went after ALL kinds of organizations which may have been in violation of the law. Nobody has produced ONE thing in this so called IRS scandal.......nothing. It is political theater for the weak of mind.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Here is a good example of how this "scandal" grew legs and took off. Different subject, but still exemplifies how FOX, right-wing radio a la Limbaugh, right-wing "think tanks", and various internet sites pick up on the scandal du jour and magnify it across the information spectrum. In the case of the Koch brothers, they don't want regulation that might impact their bottom lines. To accomplish that goal, they gin up hatred against the President and against government in general and of course, against anyone who disagrees with them:

Note that it makes no difference how big the lie...it's only the repetition of the lie until a large segment of the public believes it. Goebbels knew this.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://www.propublica.org/article/six-facts-lost-in-irs-scandal

Markle

Markle

As we all know, and typically, Progressives refuse to "remember" is that Lois Lerner ADMITTED the illegal activity.  No surprise she also was illegally allowed to plead the Fifth Amendment.  NOW, semi-retired President Obama and lame duck Eric Holder have decided, that's old news, nothing to see here, just move along.

From USA Today
May 18, 2013

[...]

The plan, he said, was to simultaneously notify Congress, but that never happened.

After talking to Miller, Lerner called Celia Roady, a Washington tax lawyer whose office is immediately across Pennsylvania Avenue from the IRS headquarters. She also serves on the IRS Advisory Committee on Tax-Exempt and Government Entities.

Roady released this written statement late Friday explaining her role:

"On May 9, I received a call from Lois Lerner, who told me that she wanted to address an issue after her prepared remarks at the ABA Tax Section's Exempt Organizations Committee Meeting, and asked if I would pose a question to her after her remarks. I agreed to do so, and she then gave me the question that I asked at the meeting the next day. We had no discussion thereafter on the topic of the question, nor had we spoken about any of this before I received her call. She did not tell me, and I did not know, how she would answer the question."

And so that's how it happened. Within minutes, the Associated Press reported her remarks with a one-line news alert: "WASHINGTON (AP) — IRS apologizes for inappropriately targeting conservative political groups in 2012 election."

In a conference call with reporters later that day, Lerner emphasized that her apology came in response to a question.

"I was asked a question at the ABA meeting to give a status update of things that have been in the press" about the agency's treatment of Tea Party groups, she said. Asked why the IRS chose to make an apology that day, she said, "Someone asked me a question today, so I answered it."

Members of Congress in both parties criticized what they called a "scheme" and a "manipulation."

"I find it incredibly ironic. You know, on the one hand, you're arguing today that the IRS is not corrupt. But the subtext of that is you're saying, 'Look, we're just incompetent,' " said an exasperated Rep. Peter Roskam, R-Ill., after one line of questioning on Roady's involvement.

Communications professionals said it was a puzzling move that backfired and alienated members of Congress.

"It violates the golden rule of political crisis management — disclosing critical facts early," said Nu Wexler, a former Democratic Hill staffer and vice president of Rasky Baerlein Strategic Communications.

Lerner "had an opportunity to explain the full story in the May 8th hearing, and she passed. Members of Congress don't like being misled, and that's why two key House Democrats are now calling for her resignation," Wexler said.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2013/05/18/irs-scandal-planted-question/2216747/

2seaoat

Mr. Markle,
I know most people do not bother with your cut and paste, but I extended you the courtesy of reading the same. NOT ONE IOTA of fact or substance that the IRS did anything wrong in your pasted response was present. Please show me an indictment, a report by a congressional committee, or a special prosecutor who has taken action. NOTHING.....why.....because the committee already admitted they went after many groups and did NOT target conservatives.

That stop sign in Pace's neighborhood stopped a conservative.....lets have an investigation.....by golly the committee did the same and guess what.....the stop sign stopped some liberal groups.........idiocy, dishonesty, and the assumption Americans are fools......please work harder....your pastes are getting more sophomoric by the day.

Markle

Markle

She admitted what they did was wrong and illegal.

Then she illegally claimed the Fifth Amendment.

2seaoat

She admitted what they did was wrong and illegal.

Then she illegally claimed the Fifth Amendment.

Too funny......really?   Ok show us this transcript and tell us who "they" was from the transcript......some of us watched her testimony live.....you are clueless and you actually think just saying something makes it a fact.  Please show us the transcript where you got this quote directly......can't do it can you......again you seem to be getting more desperate.........show us the transcript of this admission......not second hand.....her words..... Very Happy  this way too much fun.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum