Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A special election coming up and....

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Margin Call

Margin Call

you fuckers don't make a peep.

bizguy

I was a little surprised that the PNJ endorsed Mike Hill. I had the opportunity to talk with 5 of the candidates last week and I thought he was the most impressive.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I signed a petition to put a candidate on the ballot, but I didn't have the heart to tell HIS MOTHER that there's no chance I would vote for him. Besides that, she got in my face. I really can't stand pushy people.

Margin Call

Margin Call

bizguy wrote:I was a little surprised that the PNJ endorsed Mike Hill. I had the opportunity to talk with 5 of the candidates last week and I thought he was the most impressive.

I'm sure the insurance lobby would be very excited to have Hill in office. He would go from political outsider to bought-and-paid-for insider on day one.

bizguy

I'm sure the insurance lobby would be very excited to have Hill in office. He would go from political outsider to bought-and-paid-for insider on day one.

Don't be so cynical. Besides, he has a major obstacle in his way...Ed Gray.

knothead

knothead

bizguy wrote:I'm sure the insurance lobby would be very excited to have Hill in office. He would go from political outsider to bought-and-paid-for insider on day one.

. . . . . . another insider!

bizguy

knothead wrote:
bizguy wrote:I'm sure the insurance lobby would be very excited to have Hill in office. He would go from political outsider to bought-and-paid-for insider on day one.

Would you consider any of the candidates to not be 'insiders'?

Margin Call

Margin Call

bizguy wrote:
knothead wrote:

Whoever is elected will be an "insider". At least I hope he will so our district benefits. However, most of us will lose with an insurance guy in office.

Margin Call

Margin Call

http://www.sunshinestatenews.com/blog/apparently-credible-ethics-complaint-filed-against-hd-2-candidate-ed-gray

Apparently Credible Ethics Complaint Filed Against HD 2 Candidate Ed Gray

Margin Call wrote:
bizguy wrote:
knothead wrote:

Whoever is elected will be an "insider". At least I hope he will so our district benefits. However, most of us will lose with an insurance guy in office.

Especially a P & C guy

Who is the lone democrat?

Margin Call wrote:http://www.sunshinestatenews.com/blog/apparently-credible-ethics-complaint-filed-against-hd-2-candidate-ed-gray

Apparently Credible Ethics Complaint Filed Against HD 2 Candidate Ed Gray

That probably isn't the half of it, he's a long time SR good ole boy.

Margin Call

Margin Call

doubtingthomas wrote:Who is the lone democrat?

Union guy from NAS. There will be so much GOP money from Tallahassee dumped into this race that he doesn't have a chance.

bizguy

Regardless of the money flowing into the general election, he's still a democrat running in a conservative district.

Well since no one know's his name guess he doesn't have a chance lol.

Margin Call

Margin Call

bizguy wrote:Regardless of the money flowing into the general election, he's still a democrat running in a conservative district.

Dems have held that seat before.

cool1

cool1

doubtingthomas wrote:Well since no one know's his name guess he doesn't have a chance lol.

Laughing -------------and PEEP

Got google....?

Department of State
State of Florida
Tallahassee, Florida
To the Supervisor of Elections
In compliance with the provisions of Section 99.061(6), Florida Statutes, I hereby certify that the
following named persons have qualified as candidates for the Special Primary Election to be held
on the Fourteenth day of May, 2013 A.D.
Ballot Certification
Escambia County, Florida
Republican
State Representative, District 2
Ed Gray III
Mike Hill
Scott Miller
Jack Nobles
David Radcliffe
Mark Taylor

Democrat
State Representative, District 2
Jeremy Lau

Where only one name appears as a particular party’s nominee or for a
nonpartisan office, the name will not appear on the ballot.

bizguy

However, most of us will lose with an insurance guy in office.

Especially a P & C guy

Not hardly. Having a successful small business owner plus someone that understands Florida's unique insurance issues is far better than another attorney in office.

Margin Call

Margin Call

bizguy wrote:However, most of us will lose with an insurance guy in office.

Especially a P & C guy

Not hardly. Having a successful small business owner plus someone that understands Florida's unique insurance issues is far better than another attorney in office.

Bullshit. His employer (a large national insurance company) financed a large portion of his campaign. He also lied about his large monetary contributions to a political committee that was sending out some of those ridiculous negative ads.

I hope the voters can see how shady Hill is and how bad it will be to have someone looking out for the interest of the insurance industry, not the premium payers.

I debated between Mark Taylor and Jack Nobles. FWIW, I'm voting for Nobles.

bizguy

His employer (a large national insurance company) financed a large portion of his campaign.

Receiving contributions from other independent State Farm agents is not the same as "a large national insurance company" financing a large portion of his campaign.

BTW, I know Jack, Mark and Mike. They are all good men and I believe would all make fine state representatives. I just happen to like Mikes expressed views on how he would legislate.

Margin Call

Margin Call

bizguy wrote:His employer (a large national insurance company) financed a large portion of his campaign.

Receiving contributions from other independent State Farm agents is not the same as "a large national insurance company" financing a large portion of his campaign.

BTW, I know Jack, Mark and Mike. They are all good men and I believe would all make fine state representatives. I just happen to like Mikes expressed views on how he would legislate.

Lots of soft money poured into his campaign too.

Are you going to overlook the fact that he has lied to the voters already?

Let's be honest. Mike isn't going to legislate like he wants. His expressed views would render him completely powerless in the legislature. He would be on the worst committees and never in a position of leadership. He's full of shit...just like all of the negative garbage he's been stuffing in mailboxes. He reminds me of Markle.

bizguy

Margin Call wrote:
bizguy wrote:His employer (a large national insurance company) financed a large portion of his campaign.

Let's be honest. Mike isn't going to legislate like he wants. His expressed views would render him completely powerless in the legislature. He would be on the worst committees and never in a position of leadership. He's full of shit...just like all of the negative garbage he's been stuffing in mailboxes. He reminds me of Markle.

Jack has collected his share of soft money as well. Which campaign expenditure are you saying he lied about to the voters?

Ok, let's be honest and not naive. None of them will legislate 100% the way they campaign. They all compromise to some extent. The Northwest Florida delegations don't have the votes to compete with the larger metro areas like Tampa, Orlando and Miami. What makes you think Jack would get better committee assignments?

Margin Call

Margin Call

bizguy wrote:
Margin Call wrote:

Jack has collected his share of soft money as well. Which campaign expenditure are you saying he lied about to the voters?

Ok, let's be honest and not naive. None of them will legislate 100% the way they campaign. They all compromise to some extent. The Northwest Florida delegations don't have the votes to compete with the larger metro areas like Tampa, Orlando and Miami. What makes you think Jack would get better committee assignments?

More bullshit. There hasn't been a single soft money expenditure on behalf of Nobles. Half the shit in my mailbox is from Hill.

As for the lie:

A special election coming up and.... Captur10

Mike Hill has campaigned on trying to change Tallahassee. Jack has campaigned on trying to get along with Tallahassee.

Who do you think is more realistic? Doesn't matter...even seemingly level headed people like you are going to vote for the worst possible candidate. Truly blows my mind. If you don't like Jack, please vote Gray or Taylor before you vote Hill.

bizguy

Margin Call wrote:
bizguy wrote:
Margin Call wrote:

More bullshit. There hasn't been a single soft money expenditure on behalf of Nobles. Half the shit in my mailbox is from Hill.

As for the lie:

A special election coming up and.... Captur10

Mike Hill has campaigned on trying to change Tallahassee. Jack has campaigned on trying to get along with Tallahassee.

Who do you think is more realistic? Doesn't matter...even seemingly level headed people like you are going to vote for the worst possible candidate. Truly blows my mind. If you don't like Jack, please vote Gray or Taylor before you vote Hill.

Sorry, I misspoke. I was thinking about PAC donations and not soft money. Couldn't get your link to work. Regardless, there has been soft money spent against Hill that appears to have come from Gray. Soft money is a reality in elections these days. It's up to the voter to decide if it's fair or not. Based on the latest polling data it appears to be a 2 man race....Gray and Hill. Personally, I'm ok with either. Could your dislike of Hill have anything to do with his Tea Party affiliation?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum