Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

West Texas Libertarianism on Display

+2
2seaoat
Sal
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Sal

Sal

Freedom all over the place in west Texas ...

... freedom to operate a plant without big gubament inspections ...

... freedom to lie on an emergency planning report saying the plant posed no fire/explosive risk ...

... freedom to build homes, schools, hospitals, and nursing homes next to a ticking bomb ...

West Texas Libertarianism on Display Westte10

This is what liberty looks like ...

West Texas Libertarianism on Display Screen19

West Texas Libertarianism on Display Screen21

West Texas Libertarianism on Display Screen22

Sal wrote:Freedom all over the place in west Texas ...

... freedom to operate a plant without big gubament inspections ...

... freedom to lie on an emergency planning report saying the plant posed no fire/explosive risk ...

... freedom to build homes, schools, hospitals, and nursing homes next to a ticking bomb ...

West Texas Libertarianism on Display Westte10

This is what liberty looks like ...

West Texas Libertarianism on Display Screen19

West Texas Libertarianism on Display Screen21

West Texas Libertarianism on Display Screen22

Good thing that you're not a fool to comment on a situation where lives have been lost along with injuries.... No No No No class as usual....

2seaoat

I have always liked the Texas tradition of very little zoning authority by local officials. I think in this case some zoning buffers might have been a good idea with the nursing home. The tragedy is very sad, but lets wait to we get some more facts before we condemn the lack of zoning standards.

Sal

Sal

newswatcher wrote:
Good thing that you're not a fool to comment on a situation where lives have been lost

BENGHAZI!!

2seaoat wrote:I have always liked the Texas tradition of very little zoning authority by local officials. I think in this case some zoning buffers might have been a good idea with the nursing home. The tragedy is very sad, but lets wait to we get some more facts before we condemn the lack of zoning standards.

There were morons on here making classless coments like yours about Boston and the government...thought you may be a little above that type of stupidity...

2seaoat

.thought you may be a little above that type of stupidity...

If you have never spent time in Texas, you might think this topic is stupid. Houston had no zoning laws until twenty years ago. You could have a chemical plant right up next to a residential neighborhood. I happen to be someone who believes that less zoning authority is a good thing. However, part of the purpose of zoning is to enhance property values and provide safe communities.

I think Sal's post was not stupid, in that he showed how vulnerable residential areas were to a plant mishap. If my comment appears insensitive to the victims of this tragedy, it was not my intent. I do however think after a tragedy, we should be able to discuss ways to improve safety. One of the things which improves safety is inspections, and you of all people on this forum know people cheat on their inventories of hazardous products, so if zoning is lax, and inspections are not vigilant, there is the potential for this type of tragedy to replicate. If discussing this is wrong, I certainly did not intend to show any disrespect to the victims, rather hope that in the future these type of accidents can be avoided.

Sal

Sal

newswatcher wrote:

There were morons on here making classless coments like yours about Boston and the government...thought you may be a little above that type of stupidity...

Oh STHU, Benghazi Boy.

This thread is not about a conspiracy theory.

This thread is about FREEDUMBZ!! ...

... and LIBERTEEZ!!

Wolverines!

I'll bet they'll be asking for federal aid now too..

Sal wrote:
newswatcher wrote:
Good thing that you're not a fool to comment on a situation where lives have been lost

BENGHAZI!!

Were there warnings weeks before that this plant was going to explode?...Were the warnings ignored?....When you attempt to recover from your classless comments by comparing to a situation that the danger was a known factor you move lower if that's possible....

newswatcher wrote:
Sal wrote:
newswatcher wrote:

BENGHAZI!!

Were there warnings weeks before that this plant was going to explode?...Were the warnings ignored?....When you attempt to recover from your classless comments by comparing to a situation that the danger was a known factor you move lower if that's possible....

Idiot.

Sal

Sal

newswatcher wrote:
Were there warnings weeks before that this plant was going to explode?...Were the warnings ignored?....

No ...

... because it hadn't been inspected for over FIVE years.

Idiot.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Fertilizer_Plant_explosion

"...According to a witness quoted in the The Dallas Morning News, the plant first caught fire, then exploded as firefighters were attempting to douse the flames.[12]
The plant is owned by Adair Grain Incorporated.[13] Adair received an air quality permit as a fertilizer mixing and storage facilty from the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality in December 2006, issued after Adair was investigated for failure to secure a permit, when a neighbor complained about an ammonia smell coming from the plant. Adair reportedly stored 54,000 pounds (27 short tons; 24 t) of anhydrous ammonia, which, along with nitric acid, is used to produce ammonium nitrate, a fertilizer, pesticide, and rodenticide.[14]..."

Lurch wrote:I'll bet they'll be asking for federal aid now too..

Anything from the feds would be more than what people got after Hurricane Sandy.

Sal wrote:
newswatcher wrote:
Were there warnings weeks before that this plant was going to explode?...Were the warnings ignored?....

No ...

Idiot.

Add some cuss words and you can be just like WTM.

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Sal wrote:
newswatcher wrote:

No ...

Idiot.

You mean like in correct, with an exclamation point...?

Are you saying there actually were inspections over the last 5 years, and now the Obamanistas are covering it up...?

Or are you dodging the issue and baiting me to start another piss fight...?

As for the comparison, you lose again. I'm not in Sal's area code when it comes to raw intelligence...he's a lot smarter than I am.

It's OK. I make up for it by being better looking, and smarter than most of the folk on this forum.

Have a nice day stalker.

Who's fault is it that the plant hadn't been inspected by govt regulators and what makes y'all think it would've mattered?

Sometimes bad shit happens... I'm sorry to be the one to break that to y'all. Life has an impending risk of death.

Sal

Sal

PACEDOG#1 wrote:

O.K.

Fuck you.

Better, jackass?

Sal

Sal

William wrote:

As for the comparison, you lose again. I'm not in Sal's area code when it comes to raw intelligence...he's a lot smarter than I am.

You either vastly overestimate my intelligence, or vastly underestimate your own.

Thanks for the nice compliment tho.

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:Who's fault is it that the plant hadn't been inspected by govt regulators and what makes y'all think it would've mattered?

Sometimes bad shit happens... I'm sorry to be the one to break that to y'all. Life has an impending risk of death.

Fuck yeah!

Wolverines!!

It's not possible to make govt large enough to make you feel safe nancy pants.

PkrBum wrote:Who's fault is it that the plant hadn't been inspected by govt regulators and what makes y'all think it would've mattered?

That's not the point.

Sometimes the bad shit is prevented from happening because of due diligence.

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:It's not possible to make govt large enough to make you feel safe nancy pants.

Businesses can police themselves, the market is self-regulating, and the Invisible Hand will protect us all.

Fuck yeah!

Wolverines!!

PkrBum wrote:It's not possible to make govt large enough to make you feel safe nancy pants.

And the corollary: It's not possible to make the government small enough to make you feel safe either.

Sal

Sal

Until you've watched your kid's school consumed by an ammonium nitrate fireball caused by an unregulated fertilizer plant, you haven't truly tasted liberty.

NaNook

NaNook

When will Obama fly down to comfort the families? Will he invite them to the WhiteHouse? It is a bigger tragedy than Boston...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum