Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

This is really getting to be routine.

4 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

http://www.pnj.com/article/20120718/NEWS01/120718007/Teen-victim-drive-by-shooting?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

Joanimaroni wrote:http://www.pnj.com/article/20120718/NEWS01/120718007/Teen-victim-drive-by-shooting?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

"Crime is Down"---Count Chocula Escambia Co Sheriff

His Very Own Sir (purchased Knight) General High Sheriff Morgan should realize dissing experienced street deputies is not the way to cut a budget. How about that law enforcement training there Sir Sheriff, when you going to fulfill your promise?????

no stress

no stress

Do you really think that Morgan can prevent our black youth from blasting themselves into oblivion over drugs or that its his fault every time one of them decides to do so? Seriously? Place the blame where it should be and that is upon every mom that does not insist that their son or daughter be in school when the doors are open. Blame the absentee dads that only want that 20 minutes of sex and when the child is born they back into the shadows and let you and I foot the bill. A child needs to be taught how to interact with society with respect and humility. They need to be educated and given the basic skills to work. Blame Morgan all you want but I consider that very shallow minded.

Gunz wrote:Do you really think that Morgan can prevent our black youth from blasting themselves into oblivion over drugs or that its his fault every time one of them decides to do so? Seriously? Place the blame where it should be and that is upon every mom that does not insist that their son or daughter be in school when the doors are open. Blame the absentee dads that only want that 20 minutes of sex and when the child is born they back into the shadows and let you and I foot the bill. A child needs to be taught how to interact with society with respect and humility. They need to be educated and given the basic skills to work. Blame Morgan all you want but I consider that very shallow minded.

If he wants the credit he has to take the blame too. It's called positional responsibility. In that respect he is just like Oblamer who only wants credit for his very very few successes but wants to blame anything and everyone for his many many failures. You are correct though that absentee baby daddy's and careless mothers should be blamed for much of the action.

The "no snitching" mentality isn't helping either. What in hell is wrong with people that "sit" on knowledge that can help convict someone? Evil or Very Mad

Yomama wrote:The "no snitching" mentality isn't helping either. What in hell is wrong with people that "sit" on knowledge that can help convict someone? Evil or Very Mad

Most folks who don't want to talk to the police are either afraid of repercussions (gangs are a growing problem here) or want no contact with the police because they have something to hide too.

nochain wrote:Most folks who don't want to talk to the police are either afraid of repercussions (gangs are a growing problem here) or want no contact with the police because they have something to hide too.

I understand the fear of repercussions, but there are places like Crimestoppers that allow anonymous tips. If multiple people saw a crime, there should be safety in numbers... in other words, the bad guy wouldn't know which person ratted them out.

This one happened in the city.. How does morgan figure into that?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I have to agree with Gunz....It has nothing to do with law enforcement...they can not prevent random or drug related drive-by shootings. You can, however, blame the SA for the plea bargains and failure to prosecute cases as felony offenses. The judges are too lenient and too damn quick to assign probation...which is a money making scheme for the county..but does nothing to punish the criminal.

Last edited by Joanimaroni on 7/18/2012, 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Yella

Yella

Joanimaroni wrote:http://www.pnj.com/article/20120718/NEWS01/120718007/Teen-victim-drive-by-shooting?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

Self-cleaning oven

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

Lurch wrote:This one happened in the city.. How does morgan figure into that?
The city is in the county and crimes do not stop at the jurisdictional limits of either...Count Chocula and other politicians will thump their chests and take credit when there is a dip in the crime rate so shouldn't violent crimes on the rise also have the opposite effect?...

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Yella wrote:

Self-cleaning oven
my feelings exactly, yella.

no stress

no stress

Newsfan wrote:
The city is in the county and crimes do not stop at the jurisdictional limits of either...Count Chocula and other politicians will thump their chests and take credit when there is a dip in the crime rate so shouldn't violent crimes on the rise also have the opposite effect?...

Stats show that violent crimes in this area are actually less than last year. Non violent crime is up though...does that help Morgan look bad?

Gunz wrote:
Newsfan wrote:

Stats show that violent crimes in this area are actually less than last year. Non violent crime is up though...does that help Morgan look bad?
It's prick scotts fault.. he's in charge of the state..

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Let's blame the government for lack of parenting.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Up date....it was three drive-by shootings last night.

http://www.pnj.com/article/20120718/NEWS01/120718007/Teenager-injured-one-three-overnight-drive-bys?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

The city just had another one... they think it's the same red car..

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Up to 4 drive-by shootings....we are going for a record.

Yella

Yella

I think committing a crime with a firearm should be a capital crime with a punishment of hanging. Even if no one is hurt the punishment is hanging.That would cause crime to lessen. Of course, that will never happen, there's too much money to make with court appearances, delays, retrials, and whatever else a lawyer can dig up that he will be paid for doing. What a crock!

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Yella wrote:I think committing a crime with a firearm should be a capital crime with a punishment of hanging. Even if no one is hurt
I'd vote for that in a second. No one has ever been able to give me a reason why not to.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Yella wrote:I think committing a crime with a firearm should be a capital crime with a punishment of hanging. Even if no one is hurt the punishment is hanging.That would cause crime to lessen. Of course, that will never happen, there's too much money to make with court appearances, delays, retrials, and whatever else a lawyer can dig up that he will be paid for doing. What a crock!

I think they should charge them with a federal crime....the penalty is much stiffer than state charges. Shocked

no stress

no stress

When the punishment is harder than life on the blocks you will see an abatement in crime. Sitting in an air conditioned facility with free health care, dental, food and an occassional conjugal visit does absolutely nothing to make one not want to return for a second stint. When BOTH parents raise their offspring to respect human life, the sanctity of marriage, to obey societys laws and to go after an education with a zest we might see a change.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Gunz wrote:When the punishment is harder than life on the blocks you will see an abatement in crime. Sitting in an air conditioned facility with free health care, dental, food and an occassional conjugal visit does absolutely nothing to make one not want to return for a second stint. When BOTH parents raise their offspring to respect human life, the sanctity of marriage, to obey societys laws and to go after an education with a zest we might see a change.

Well, that will certainly happen.

ButtMan wrote:No one has ever been able to give me a reason why not to.

How about this. http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012-03-07/news/ct-met-murder-conviction-revoked-0306-20120307_1_murder-conviction-aurora-police-shooting-death

If this doesn't convince you, Bob, why should innocent people be hanged?

Plenty of people are wrongly convicted... some of gun crimes. (Just playing the devil's advocate, man.)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum