Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I want to ask you liberals a question about the gun thing.

4 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

What do you think about a prominent U.S. Senator saying that if she had her way she would take away ALL the guns from Americans?

And don't you think it's a little peculiar that the mainstream media is not reporting this. Because I did a google search and only the obscure websites and blogs are talking about it, not the news media.

And no it's not made up or a misquote or out of context because you can watch and listen to her say it.

http://tv.naturalnews.com/v.asp?v=60E60EB8874E0282DC22BBDDA341BFEB

How would it benefit the world for us law abiding us citizens to be able to defend ourselves?

Bob wrote:What do you think about a prominent U.S. Senator saying that if she had her way she would take away ALL the guns from Americans?

And don't you think it's a little peculiar that the mainstream media is not reporting this. Because I did a google search and only the obscure websites and blogs are talking about it, not the news media.

And no it's not made up or a misquote or out of context because you can watch and listen to her say it.

http://tv.naturalnews.com/v.asp?v=60E60EB8874E0282DC22BBDDA341BFEB

The context was about assault weapons. Are you trying to do the bidding of that wing nut site, doing their job for them spinning it to mean she was talking about confiscating all guns, en toto.

Selective editing w/ an abrupt ending when I'm pretty sure she wasn't finished making her point.

When you've got a stick in your hand you'll stir any pot, won't you...?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

PkrBum wrote:How would it benefit the world for us law abiding us citizens to be able to defend ourselves?

All I know is if that bitch got her way with that and an attempt was actually made to disarm us all, she'd very likely be the first one to get a bullet in her brain pan. And if I could get past her bodyguards it would be my bullet. Although I'd probably have to get in a long line of shooters.

PkrBum wrote:How would it benefit the world for us law abiding us citizens to be able to defend ourselves?

There are times when your paint by number shit is amusing.

Bob wrote:

All I know is if that bitch got her way with that and an attempt was actually made to disarm us all, she'd very likely be the first one to get a bullet in her brain pan. And if I could get past her bodyguards it would be my bullet. Although I'd probably have to get in a long line of shooters.

Good grief.

You do realize that that is the tide... right?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

William wrote:

The context was about assault weapons. Are you trying to do the bidding of that wing nut site, doing their job for them spinning it to mean she was talking about confiscating all guns, en toto.

Selective editing w/ an abrupt ending when I'm pretty sure she wasn't finished making her point.

Well because of your post I went back and listened to it closely again.
And it's really not clear either way. She could be referring only to assault weapons and she could be referring to all guns. But it requires seeing the video uncut to know which.
I'll try to find that if I can.

PkrBum wrote:You do realize that that is the tide... right?

Bullshit.

Bob wrote:
William wrote:

Well because of your post I went back and listened to it closely again.
And it's really not clear either way. She could be referring only to assault weapons and she could be referring to all guns. But it requires seeing the video uncut to know which.
I'll try to find that if I can.

See if you can find it on that site. You won't because it would prove my point.

William wrote:
PkrBum wrote:You do realize that that is the tide... right?

Bullshit.

OK

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I think William may be right about this.

I found this...

Discussing why the 1994 act only prohibited the manufacture or import of assault weapons, instead of the possession and sale of them, Feinstein said on CBS-TV's 60 Minutes, February 5, 1995, "If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an outright ban, picking up every one of them . . . Mr. and Mrs. America, turn 'em all in, I would have done it. I could not do that. The votes weren't here."[26]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_positions_of_Dianne_Feinstein#Gun_politics

It looks like those internet news and blog sites were making something more of this than it actually was. Her comment that she would "pick up every one of them" was referring to possession of assault weapons. She was saying that she couldn't get the votes to include posession but if she could have she would have supported that.
She wasn't referring to "all guns".

There's nothing quite like a list to simplify a task.

Bob wrote:I think William may be right about this.

I found this...

Discussing why the 1994 act only prohibited the manufacture or import of assault weapons, instead of the possession and sale of them, Feinstein said on CBS-TV's 60 Minutes, February 5, 1995, "If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an outright ban, picking up every one of them . . . Mr. and Mrs. America, turn 'em all in, I would have done it. I could not do that. The votes weren't here."[26]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_positions_of_Dianne_Feinstein#Gun_politics

It looks like those internet news and blog sites were making something more of this than it actually was. Her comment that she would "pick up every one of them" was referring to possession of assault weapons. She was saying that she couldn't get the votes to include posession but if she could have she would have supported that.
She wasn't referring to "all guns".

Thanx Bob. Aren't you shocked and disappointed that a group of gun worshipping assholes would stoop to lies and demonize a Senator...?

I am.

I mean, what's the world coming to when you can't trust anything those POS liars say....?

Never trust any lying POS single issue driven PAC/Lobby with enough cash to sponsor NASCAR Races. I'm just surprised they haven't made them change the flow of traffic in those races.

Drive Hard....Turn Right.

PkrBum wrote:There's nothing quite like a list to simplify a task.

There's no situation too complicated that it cannot be over simplified by zealots and true believers.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I should have been more skeptical. Even if a Senator wanted to ban all guns, he/she would not be stupid enough to advocate that publically.

LOL I got the Shirt..
.[img]I want to ask you liberals a question about the gun thing.   33zbdea[/img]

Is there a tide?

Bob wrote:I should have been more skeptical. Even if a Senator wanted to ban all guns, he/she would not be stupid enough to advocate that publically.

No doubt.

That would be almost as stoopid as making pot illegal.

PkrBum wrote:Is there a tide?

Looks like you believe there is.

If same sax marriage does become legal, will there be a tide that will lead to man on dog marriage...?

Santorum and a lot of equally zealous idiots cling to that absurd notion.

It must be awful living in constant fear of the government, driving on their roads and drinking their water, enjoying their power grid, and yes....chatting to us on their internet, pining for being free and independent of government, not expecting them to solve any of our problems.

How's that working for ya...?

William wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Is there a tide?

Looks like you believe there is.

If same sax marriage does become legal, will there be a tide that will lead to man on dog marriage...?

Santorum and a lot of equally zealous idiots cling to that absurd notion.

It must be awful living in constant fear of the government, driving on their roads and drinking their water, enjoying their power grid, and yes....chatting to us on their internet, pining for being free and independent of government, not expecting them to solve any of our problems.

Ok I guess. I'm pleased to some degree that you draw the line of gax sex at bestiality. Where exactly do you draw the line at gun control? Remember... whatever you concede your descendants will know no other. You might wanna take a little longer look than your immediate condition.

I would really like one of them to start talkin about disarming nukes and stopping our wars.. Why is it okay to kill people in other countries when we arm damn near everybody?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

William wrote:
Bob wrote:I should have been more skeptical. Even if a Senator wanted to ban all guns, he/she would not be stupid enough to advocate that publically.

No doubt.

That would be almost as stoopid as making pot illegal.

Not really. It would only be AS stoopid if the 2nd Amendment said "the right of the people to keep marijuana, shall not be infringed".

It was a cash crop until Hearst used the govt to his means. In a simplified way.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

William wrote:

There's no situation too complicated that it cannot be over simplified by zealots and true believers.

Above, two quotes from William I thought were worth adding to...
Yes, I agree, people forget about all the things we have because the govment put tax money to work to benefit everyone. Protests often begin in parks.

Secondly, even in the wildest fantasies of the Cold Dead Hand crowd, how in the blue blazes would any arm of the government go about actually collecting all 270,000,000 firearms? This group of gun lovers would have us believe there is some giant gun magnet that would automatically suck up every last weapon leaving the population to assault each other with knives overnight. Are you telling me that all the survivalists, hunters, collectors couldn't figure out ways to hide and/or accidentally 'misplace' their weapons? How many 100's of years would all this imagined collecting take?

I point out the difficulty in doing this in the real world in full view of the fact that NO ONE is talking about confiscating guns anyway.

What about the rights of people not to get mowed down by some clown with an assault weapon that was intended only for fighting a war? What's the problem with having a universal background check? 20 little children blown to bits have no rights to a safe education but the John Waynes of the country MUST HAVE THEIR WEAPONS?! To me this is just totally unacceptable, stupid.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum