Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Question for sal, seaoat, florida texan, dreamsglore and other forum liberals

+4
TEOTWAWKI
Joanimaroni
ZVUGKTUBM
Hospital Bob
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Do you think it's just ignorant right-wing racism whenever anyone finds a problem with all the people who are receiving welfare and other government handouts?  Is there never any valid argument to challenge any aspect of it?
Since the 1% are getting richer does that automatically mean all the welfare is a good thing?
Do you not even consider the argument that welfare and handouts are now kept in place only because the recipients are a voting block for democrat politicians who are making these folk permanent wards of the state and taking away their incentive to make it on their own?
Do think it's all just a bunch of right-wing horeshit which doesn't even merit discussion?

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

First, define what amounts to a government "handout."

The government makes many forms of transfer payments.

Welfare
Food stamps
WIC payments
Housing assistance payments
Heating assistance payments
Social Security payments
Medicare payments
Survivor's payments
Social Security Disability payments
Supplemental Security Income payments
Railroad Retirement Act payments
Civil Service Retirement payments
Veterans Benefits
Military Retirement payments

I am sure there are other transfer payments as well as the ones I mentioned above...

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Well to be sure there's also corporate welfare and farm subsidies and all the stuff that doesn't go to poor people.  But can't it be rational to be concerned about that AND all the handouts going to the poor?  Or can we only be opposed to one thing?  Can't we walk and chew gum at the same time?
And by handouts,  I mean anything that is outright given to a person who provides nothing in return to the government.

I will be the first one to say we have serious problems w/ our entitlement programs. There is tons of abuse and especially to my fat lazy niece who has been on welfare for 10 yrs. and hasn't had to get a job. California is the worst offender of this giving adults welfare payments and ignores the Welfare Reform Act continuing to give welfare to people who go beyond 5 yrs. Did you know people on disability get a tax refund and they never even pay taxes every year?

Dreamsglore wrote:I will be the first one to say we have serious problems w/ our entitlement programs. There is tons of abuse and especially to my fat lazy niece who has been on welfare for 10 yrs. and hasn't had to get a job. California is the worst offender of this giving adults welfare payments and ignores the Welfare Reform Act continuing to give welfare to people who go beyond 5 yrs. Did you know people on disability get a tax refund and they never even pay taxes every year?

maybe you could help your fat lazy niece?

And hell has froze over. I agree with your assessment.

Now, why do you think we have this problem and what do you think will fix it?  Smile 

Help her how? She refuses to work. She lives in Ca.

Dreamsglore wrote:Help her how? She refuses to work. She lives in Ca.

I don't really care but you could send her money or offer for her to live with you?

im actually more interested in what you think is the cause of this abuse and what you think would be the solution to fixing it?

The fed. govt. needs to stop giving money to states who don't enforce the welfare reform law, first of all. Second. we need better enforcement of entitlement cheaters. Third, we need to reevaluate everybody on disability not just a few every year. People who get welfare need to work for it. I don't agree w/ Obama on stopping the work restrictions.

Chrissy wrote:

I don't really care but you could send her money or offer for her to live with you?

im actually more interested in what you think is the cause of this abuse and what you think would be the solution to fixing it?

I wouldn't do either one of those things. It's not my responsibility to support her or give her a place to live. That's just plain stupid.

Dreamsglore wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

I wouldn't do either one of those things. It's not my responsibility to support her or give her a place to live. That's just plain stupid.

So what do you think is the cause of all this welfare abuse? And what do you think we can do to fix it?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I don't want my couch ruined.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Dreamsglore wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

Well you think its my responsibility ? When the government puts a literal gun to my head and says "give" isn't that just as wrong ?...Maybe it would be fair in this day of computers if the government put a gun to your head to care JUST for your relatives and forced me to only care for my deadbeats...Maybe then we would build a fire under their lazy asses personally.

2seaoat

It is the utter lack of perspective to even enter into a discussion in the real areas of systemic subsidy and abuse. I have been a life long republican and have fought government waste at the state and local level, and have a proven track record of fiscal conservatism. I was a trickle down guy through and through, but the reality and magnitude of the theft of America has people with simple minds looking at pennies while dollars are thrown down the toilet. The Reagan success in foreign policy is only matched by the utter failure of trickle down and insurmountable debt as a direct result from unnecessary tax cuts to the highest earners, and almost total elimination of the estate tax. Bad policy which was hidden by smoke and mirrors.

I fought the new Santa Rosa Courthouse for eight years and think that is an example of millions being wasted when a couple of branch courts taking the high volume cases to the Administrative building and making lawyers and judges move to efficiently schedule cases is better than throwing away millions. I have fought farm subsidy for 10 years as the magnitude of this boondoogle is finally sinking in as commodity prices reach record levels and family farms are grossing 500k plus and averaging 35k of subsidy per farm.

No part of government should be exempt from reductions and greater efficiency, but when budgets are balanced on the back of children......we have a problem.

Dreamsglore wrote:The fed. govt. needs to stop giving money to states who don't enforce the welfare reform law, first of all. Second. we need better enforcement of entitlement cheaters. Third, we need to reevaluate everybody on disability not just a few every year. People who get welfare need to work for it. I don't agree w/ Obama on stopping  the work restrictions.

I agree with much of this. Are you armed? because if it ever happened you're going to need to be. I cant imagine what would happen if the federal gov took California's welfare away.

Here's my take on this because your only focusing on what GOV can do to help this situation.

We as a society need to stop making it glorified to "get mine" from someone else. Your party supports that mentality. So you can thank yourself and then understand how you helped create your fat lazy niece who you refuse to help but like teo says you are ok raising our taxes for all these social programs. While allowing the debt to sky rocket. Yes, that's YOUR party.

Do you think you could address and be honest about the social culture breakdown within your party that supports the "let gov" mentality?

Markle

Markle

The Welfare Reform Act of 1996 was passed by the Newt Gingrich led congress putting into place a promise Republicans had made with the Contract with America.

President Clinton Vetoed it twice before realize the next time Congress had enough votes to override his Veto and signed it into law.

It was an immediate success and took millions of people off the welfare rolls and put them onto payrolls. It also restored their self confidence, self worth and very souls.

President Barack Hussein Obama's infamous "Stimulus Act" of 2009 reversed the advances made with the 1996 Welfare Reform Act and put back in place the failed system in place prior to 1996. It doesn't take a member of Mensa to see that encouraging people to NOT work is very effective.

The "Stimulus Act" also banned the use of Vouchers which allowed parents with children in under performing schools to chose a private school for their children. One area where it was an immense success was Washington, D.C.. Two minority children, who were attending a private school and making remarkable advances were forced to drop out of the private school and go back to the failing government school. The school the parent had chosen happened to be the same chosen by the Obama's for their children to attend.

Obviously kicking two black children living below the poverty line OUT of a school is NOT racist so long as they are replaced with two ultra rich black children.

You gotta love the logic used by Progressive racists.

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

Well you think its my responsibility ? When the government puts a literal gun to my head and says "give" isn't that just as wrong ?...Maybe it would be fair in this day of computers if the government put a gun to your head to care JUST for your relatives and forced me to only care for my deadbeats...Maybe then we would build a fire under their lazy asses personally.

No, I never said it was your responsibility. It's their responsibility. Just because I'm related to somebody does not make me their caretaker.

Joanimaroni wrote:I don't want my couch ruined.

Question for sal,  seaoat,  florida texan,  dreamsglore and other forum liberals Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTSx0539A_cLoHC41hVcBu9B29kGR-lqKDXM0CIJ8mKgb48WeRL

*****ROFLMAO*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Kb2x0D584c&list=RD0Kb2x0D584c

Very Happy 

2seaoat

I agree that Newt hit a home run with the contract with America, and it is still the same reason I vote for him in primaries. He is an example of nuts and bolts pro government reform. He wants us not to throw out the baby and bathwater, but make intelligent choices which help America. I take a great deal of chit for my support of Newt, but we need people who understand government and work to make it work better. We do not need tea party crazies tearing down government so the Oligarchy can steal at will. The rest of Mr. Markles post is simply crazy talk.

Chrissy wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:The fed. govt. needs to stop giving money to states who don't enforce the welfare reform law, first of all. Second. we need better enforcement of entitlement cheaters. Third, we need to reevaluate everybody on disability not just a few every year. People who get welfare need to work for it. I don't agree w/ Obama on stopping  the work restrictions.

I agree with much of this. Are you armed? because if it ever happened you're going to need to be. I cant imagine what would happen if the federal gov took California's welfare away.

Here's my take on this because your only focusing on what GOV can do to help this situation.

We as a society need to stop making it glorified to "get mine" from someone else. Your party supports that mentality. So you can thank yourself and then understand how you helped create your fat lazy niece who you refuse to help but like teo says you are ok raising our taxes for all these social programs. While allowing the debt to sky rocket. Yes, that's YOUR party.

Do you think you could address and be honest about the social culture breakdown within your party that supports the "let gov" mentality?

This is where you're wrong. I don't support fat lazy people. I support people who cannot help themselves. When your party stops giving handouts to the rich them I'll change my views on helping people but until then you support rich people who keep on taking and getting richer. That's your party!

Markle wrote:The Welfare Reform Act of 1996 was passed by the Newt Gingrich led congress putting into place a promise Republicans had made with the Contract with America.

President Clinton Vetoed it twice before realize the next time Congress had enough votes to override his Veto and signed it into law.

It was an immediate success and took millions of people off the welfare rolls and put them onto payrolls.  It also restored their self confidence, self worth and very souls.

President Barack Hussein Obama's infamous "Stimulus Act" of 2009 reversed the advances made with the 1996 Welfare Reform Act and put back in place the failed system in place prior to 1996.  It doesn't take a member of Mensa to see that encouraging people to NOT work is very effective.  

The "Stimulus Act" also banned the use of Vouchers which allowed parents with children in under performing schools to chose a private school for their children.  One area where it was an immense success was Washington, D.C..  Two minority children, who were attending a private school and making remarkable advances were forced to drop out of the private school and go back to the failing government school.  The school the parent had chosen happened to be the same chosen by the Obama's for their children to attend.

Obviously kicking two black children living below the poverty line OUT of a school is NOT racist so long as they are replaced with two ultra rich black children.

You gotta love the logic used by Progressive racists.

You could not use the vouchers for private school.

Dreamsglore wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

This is where you're wrong. I don't support fat lazy people. I support people who cannot help themselves. When your party stops giving handouts to the rich them I'll change my views on helping people but until then you support rich people who keep on taking and getting richer. That's your party!

your views on helping people. You refuse to help your own family and you want tax payers to pick up the tab. But yet youll get pissy if someone doesn't help a homeless fat lazy person. amazing hypocrisy lol

BTW, after all your comments tonight, I rally don't think you can go back to pretending you want to help poor people LMAO... but tow that party line, your fat lazy niece is so proud.  Very Happy 

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

BUT, to reduce the deficit, an "All Points of the Compass" approach is the only way to go. Everyone is going to have to give up something they love government to provide. The problem is the sacred cows everyone holds dear.

Welfare--cut it back.....
Foreign Aid--cut it back....
Defense Spending--cut it back....

Government transfer payments--use means-testing and the tax code to reduce transfer payments to those with total incomes above a certain level. Means testing would go so far as to look at both taxable and non-taxable incomes to recover payments above a threshold. In such cases, a person with an adjusted gross income above a certain level, who also collects a tax-free veterans benefit, would suddenly see a portion of that tax-free benefit become taxable. Just like Social Security payments which suddenly become taxable when your AGI reaches an appropriate threshold (true currently).

People just need to give up any notion that no portion of the budget is expendable. All of it is, to a degree.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Chrissy wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

your views on helping people. You refuse to help your own family and you want tax payers to pick up the tab. But yet youll get pissy if someone doesn't help a homeless fat lazy person. amazing hypocrisy lol

BTW, after all your comments tonight, I rally don't think you can go back to pretending you want to help poor people LMAO... but tow that party line, your fat lazy niece is so proud.  Very Happy 

I'm not going to help someone who can work and help themselves. Family or not. I'm not an enabler. I help people who can't help themselves and my fat lazy niece is not one of them.

Dreamsglore wrote:

Question for sal,  seaoat,  florida texan,  dreamsglore and other forum liberals Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIuWWjMxbyDAUlcW3uQKM55XvNIt1_qulEbGeSNHHkbNygq0gOMg

It was the Democrats...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqHomvmB3ow

...who created the to big to fail business list.

But then that just goes with the liberal mentality of having government intrusion into every aspect of society. Especially if it's a liberal owned company that needs the hand out...

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAD6Obi7Cag

Smile 

Damaged Eagle wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

Question for sal,  seaoat,  florida texan,  dreamsglore and other forum liberals Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIuWWjMxbyDAUlcW3uQKM55XvNIt1_qulEbGeSNHHkbNygq0gOMg

It was the Democrats...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqHomvmB3ow

...who created the to big to fail business list.

But then that just goes with the liberal mentality of having government intrusion into every aspect of society. Especially if it's a liberal owned company that needs the hand out...

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAD6Obi7Cag

Smile 

Moron.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum