Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why Our Government Doesn't Care About Our War Vets ...

+2
Slicef18
Wordslinger
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Look, once you recognize that our wars in Iraq and Afghanistan had nothing whatever to do with protecting American liberty or freedom, but were fomented in order to earn massive profits for the military/industrial complex, it's an easy jump to grasp how your leaders truly view the soldiers who made the wars such good earners. The whole military, "patriotic" set-up is bullshit -- medals, flag waving, wreath laying at Arlington, the patriotic speeches by politicians of every stripe -- it's as phony as Saddam's nuclear bomb program. What's sickening is to recognize that to those who exploited them, the troops who fought these wars are regarded as chumps.

Think I'm wrong? Then tell me why 70% of VA medical claims remain unanswered for more than 125 days? More than 600,000 vets with medical problems remain untreated. And TV news pundits wonder why so many of our veterans are committing suicide at an obscenely accelerating rate?

The mistake is ours -- we keep falling for politicians whose entire careers are built on greed and dishonesty. Somewhere along the line, we let our government be taken over by traitors and thieves. Reality.

IM sorry this just cant be accurate, we have Obama in office for over 4 years now. he would never allow that. You know obama really cares about all people getting proper healthcare.

Slicef18

Slicef18

Wordslinger wrote:Look, once you recognize that our wars in Iraq and Afghanistan had nothing whatever to do with protecting American liberty or freedom, but were fomented in order to earn massive profits for the military/industrial complex, it's an easy jump to grasp how your leaders truly view the soldiers who made the wars such good earners. The whole military, "patriotic" set-up is bullshit -- medals, flag waving, wreath laying at Arlington, the patriotic speeches by politicians of every stripe -- it's as phony as Saddam's nuclear bomb program. What's sickening is to recognize that to those who exploited them, the troops who fought these wars are regarded as chumps.

Think I'm wrong? Then tell me why 70% of VA medical claims remain unanswered for more than 125 days? More than 600,000 vets with medical problems remain untreated. And TV news pundits wonder why so many of our veterans are committing suicide at an obscenely accelerating rate?

The mistake is ours -- we keep falling for politicians whose entire careers are built on greed and dishonesty. Somewhere along the line, we let our government be taken over by traitors and thieves. Reality.

Let me say this one more time. The reason our wounded vets are receiving such a low standard of care is because the military's highest priority is assets, not liabilities so that's who gets the money. And in reality, I don't see it changing.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Take note I blamed our government ... that's both parties. If you want to think that some 19-year-old just out of boot camp and on his way to an FOB somewhere in northern Afghanistan is going there to keep us safe here in the Panhandle ... I can't stop you. Obama's war policies continue the pattern established by GW. And most of the thieves in today's congress were there when it all began and would do it all again tomorrow if Boeing would pretty please finance their next campaign. Screw Amerika Inc.

Chrissy wrote:IM sorry this just cant be accurate, we have Obama in office for over 4 years now. he would never allow that. You know obama really cares about all people getting proper healthcare.

Wordslinger wrote: Take note I blamed our government ... that's both parties. If you want to think that some 19-year-old just out of boot camp and on his way to an FOB somewhere in northern Afghanistan is going there to keep us safe here in the Panhandle ... I can't stop you. Obama's war policies continue the pattern established by GW. And most of the thieves in today's congress were there when it all began and would do it all again tomorrow if Boeing would pretty please finance their next campaign. Screw Amerika Inc.

Chrissy wrote:IM sorry this just cant be accurate, we have Obama in office for over 4 years now. he would never allow that. You know obama really cares about all people getting proper healthcare.

finally we may have some smidgen of agreeance.

I dont care for your anti american stance but i see you must be getting fed up with the current liar and I will have to encourage that.

funny how no one talks about afganistan now. I wonder if these people know that afgan is on its way over to QUTAR to broker a deal with the TALIBAN right now, promted and aided oddly enough by OUR GOV. hmmmm

we sure are in goods with all the radical muzzies these days.

http://www.axiomatica.org/revealing-the-matrix/military-industrial-complex

2seaoat

When throughout history have returning warriors ever been treated fairly? When the threat is gone, their value has always diminished......nothing new, and nothing particularly American about this trend.

Sal

Sal

Nothing really ever changes ...

http://literaturesave2.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/william-faulkner-victory.pdf

knothead

knothead

Under the unrealistic assumption that America will not get into any more 'wars' for let's say 30 years, we will be paying benefits out to the veterans, their spouses, their children for decades to come . . . . . . . another budgetary item ignored. Wordslinger points some hard nasty facts about MIC and how it treats its soldiers once they come home.

Good post slinger . . . .

Why Our Government Doesn't Care About Our War Vets ... Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQw_UrQpSZM66mWviCguxV0uIYbyW1WNl9u5F9s36M8ziiM00az

Why Our Government Doesn't Care About Our War Vets ... Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSiS3HYSODvGiuH-7K5AyT4l9CM0UGZvnh_O8H2cttXIgCmOVgg

Why Our Government Doesn't Care About Our War Vets ... Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZSmIlcDhhrg8Sa6rS14W5lCEIS_VKaikNLHeG5H5vLiBTBAh3

As commander in chief and a Noble peace prize winner Mr Obama has an awful itchy trigger finger. The only question now is... Who's next on his hit list so he can add to the growing number of vets with disorders?

So much for his promises of ending conflict and the credibility of the Noble peace prize awards.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBkTUzKAiXQ

Smile

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Chrissy wrote:
Wordslinger wrote: Take note I blamed our government ... that's both parties. If you want to think that some 19-year-old just out of boot camp and on his way to an FOB somewhere in northern Afghanistan is going there to keep us safe here in the Panhandle ... I can't stop you. Obama's war policies continue the pattern established by GW. And most of the thieves in today's congress were there when it all began and would do it all again tomorrow if Boeing would pretty please finance their next campaign. Screw Amerika Inc.

finally we may have some smidgen of agreeance.

I dont care for your anti american stance but i see you must be getting fed up with the current liar and I will have to encourage that.

funny how no one talks about afganistan now. I wonder if these people know that afgan is on its way over to QUTAR to broker a deal with the TALIBAN right now, promted and aided oddly enough by OUR GOV. hmmmm

we sure are in goods with all the radical muzzies these days.

You're wrong about me being anti-American. I'm against everything in America that I deem immoral, unjust and cruel. The problem is, there are too many like you running around vociferously bemoaning one party or the other, while the big corporate thieves rob us all of everything .. including our health and lives. A bigger problem is the fact that it seems there is less and less each day to love about America. I shout about what I believe is destroying my country -- and our lives -- each day.

That makes me a patriot, and whether you agree or don't, is your problem, not mine. Reality.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Damaged Eagle wrote:Why Our Government Doesn't Care About Our War Vets ... Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQw_UrQpSZM66mWviCguxV0uIYbyW1WNl9u5F9s36M8ziiM00az

Why Our Government Doesn't Care About Our War Vets ... Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSiS3HYSODvGiuH-7K5AyT4l9CM0UGZvnh_O8H2cttXIgCmOVgg

Why Our Government Doesn't Care About Our War Vets ... Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZSmIlcDhhrg8Sa6rS14W5lCEIS_VKaikNLHeG5H5vLiBTBAh3
Thanks to the thousands of realists like you and me, Obama and his gang of throwbacks are beginning to realize their future is limited.
What warms my heart about this forum is the increasing daily evidence that I am anything but alone in hating what's happened and is happening to my fellow
Americans. Eventually, our numbers will increase to a point where their money and guns will be overwhelmed by our sense of justice for us, and for our world. We don't need to overthrow our crooked government with assault rifles.
We simply stop working for a week or two and watch them leap off their estate roofs. Reality.
As commander in chief and a Noble peace prize winner Mr Obama has an awful itchy trigger finger. The only question now is... Who's next on his hit list so he can add to the growing number of vets with disorders?

So much for his promises of ending conflict and the credibility of the Noble peace prize awards.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBkTUzKAiXQ

Smile

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://www.sparknotes.com/lit/catch22/summary.html

(context:)

Joseph Heller was born in Brooklyn in 1923. He served as an Air Force bombardier in World War II and enjoyed a long career as a writer and a teacher. His best-selling books include Something Happened, Good as Gold, Picture This, God Knows, and Closing Time, but his first novel, Catch-22, remains his most famous and acclaimed work. He died of a heart attack in December 1999.

Heller wrote Catch-22 while working at a New York City marketing firm producing ad copy. The novel draws heavily on his Air Force experience and presents a war story that is at once hilarious, grotesque, cynical, and stirring. The novel generated a great deal of controversy upon its initial publication in 1961. Critics tended either to adore it or despise it, and those who hated it did so for the same reasons as the critics who loved it. Over time, Catch-22 has become one of the defining novels of the twentieth century. It presents an utterly unsentimental vision of war, stripping all romantic pretenses away from combat, replacing visions of glory and honor with a kind of nightmarish comedy of violence, bureaucracy, and paradoxical madness. This kind of irony has come to be expected of war novels since the Vietnam War, but in the wake of World War II, which most Americans believed was a just and heroic war, Catch-22 was shocking. It proved almost prophetic about both the Vietnam War, a conflict that began a few years after the novel was originally published, and the sense of disillusionment about the military that many Americans experienced during this conflict.

Unlike other antiromantic war novels, such as Erich Maria Remarque’s All Quiet on the Western Front, Catch-22 relies heavily on humor to convey the insanity of war, presenting the horrible meaninglessness of armed conflict through a kind of desperate absurdity rather than through graphic depictions of suffering and violence. Catch-22 also distinguishes itself from other antiromantic war novels through its core values: the story of Yossarian, the protagonist, is ultimately not one of despair but one of hope. He believes that the positive urge to live and to be free can redeem the individual from the dehumanizing machinery of war. The novel is told as a series of loosely related, tangential stories in no particular chronological order. The narrative that emerges from this structural tangle upholds the value of the individual in the face of the impersonal, collective military mass; at every stage it mocks insincerity and hypocrisy, even when such values appear triumphant.

Despite its World War II setting, Catch-22 is often thought of as a signature novel of the 1960s and 1970s. It was during those decades that American youth truly began to question authority. Hippies, university protests, and the civil rights movement all marked the 1960s as a decade of revolution, and Heller’s novel fit in perfectly with the spirit of the times. In fact, Heller once said, “I wasn’t interested in the war in Catch-22. I was interested in the personal relationships in bureaucratic authority.” Whether Heller was using the war to comment on authority or using bureaucracy as a statement about the war, it is clear that Catch-22 is more than just a war novel. It is also a novel about the moral choices that every person must make when faced with a system of authority whose rules are both immoral and illogical.

Wordslinger wrote:
Thanks to the thousands of realists like you and me, Obama and his gang of throwbacks are beginning to realize their future is limited.
What warms my heart about this forum is the increasing daily evidence that I am anything but alone in hating what's happened and is happening to my fellow
Americans. Eventually, our numbers will increase to a point where their money and guns will be overwhelmed by our sense of justice for us, and for our world. We don't need to overthrow our crooked government with assault rifles.
We simply stop working for a week or two and watch them leap off their estate roofs. Reality.

Why Our Government Doesn't Care About Our War Vets ... Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSXPfu4_TG3o-TXO_9XY28EXB6lmHcxadT-KahC8k-0HACCuB15

I agree to a certain point. I don't blame former President Bush for getting us into the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. Most everyone agreed that it was the thing to do and I personally think that there was misleading information being feed to the White House at that time.

In addition Congress backed Bush by voting to involve us all.

On the other hand Obama hasn't even asked to involve us (Congress) in many of the incidents (bombings) with other foreign nations, not mentioned so far, that HE involved us in since he's been President.

As for people jumping off their estate roofs... That should have started four years ago when they should have been told they aren't to big to fail.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQzUCO7rG0M

Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum